Sasha Williams has faced loss after loss on The Walking Dead, and it’s only made her stronger. Here’s a look at our favorite quotes by the resilient survivor.
When Sasha was first introduced on The Walking Dead, she was traveling with her older brother Tyreese. Despite the pair having totally different personalities, they were quite close. Tyreese was able to hold onto his optimism and kindness despite the situations they found themselves in, while Sasha has always been cynical and closed off from others.
Another survivor, Bob, was able to get past her walls and they became a couple. But after Tyreese and Bob died, Sasha had a hard time dealing with her depression and PTSD. She seemed intent on putting herself and those around her in danger on a regular basis. With the help of Maggie, Sasha was finally able to gain peace and move forward with her life.
This included opening up to Abraham and talking about settling down, since they both finally felt safe in Alexandria. Now that Negan has taken the lives of both Abraham and Glenn, Sasha and Maggie are leaning on each other once again and starting over at the Hilltop.
‘The Walking Dead’ Sasha Williams quotes:
- Sasha: All right, we go in, stay in formation for the sweep. After that, you all know what you’re supposed to look for. Any questions?
Tyreese: Was there ever a time that you weren’t the boss of me?
Sasha: You had a few years before I was born.
–4×01 “30 Days Without an Accident”
- Sasha: I don’t know if I’d be here right now you weren’t so damn stupid.
Hershel: You know what, I’m gonna take that as a compliment.
- Maggie: You know, when I was lying there and I remembered- I heard what you said back at the camp. I heard you say you thought we should be in a town.
Sasha: What else did you hear me say?
Maggie: That odds are Glenn is dead, and we should stop. But you’re wrong.
Sasha: So why are you here?
Maggie: ‘Cause I was waiting for you, I’m not giving up. But I need your help. ‘Cause I can’t do it by myself. And even if I catch up to Bob, we can’t do it alone. I thought I couldn’t ask you to risk your life, but I can. ‘Cause I know what you’d be risking it for. And it isn’t just Glenn. I get that you’re afraid.
Sasha: I am, I am afraid.
Maggie: We could get there.
Sasha: I know. So let’s go get Bob and let’s get there.
- Sasha: If it sounds too good to be true… maybe if Glenn saw one of these, maybe he felt the same way.
Maggie: He wouldn’t. He’d believe, I know.
- Sasha: Uh, wet socks.
Bob: Cool feet.
Sasha: Mosquito bites.
Bob: Itching reminds you that you’re alive.
Sasha: Danger around every corner.
Bob: Never a dull moment.
Sasha: The hot sun beating down on you.
Bob: Come on, a glorious tan. I said it and I meant it.
Sasha: No privacy.
Bob: Captive audience.
- Noah: I don’t know if I’m gonna make it.
Sasha: Then you won’t. Don’t think, just eat.
- Sasha: You know it’ll just make things worse.
Abraham: The way you’re going, you’re what’s going to make things worse. Hey, you’re with friends.
Sasha: We’re not friends.
- Deanna: I’m trying to figure out what it is. What it is exactly.
Sasha: This… It isn’t real.
Deanna: Sasha, you’ve been through a lot and I accept that, but what you just said… that’s bullshit.
- Abraham: Got a question for you. Just some intel before out little road trip tomorrow.
Sasha: Ask me.
Abraham: You doing this ’cause you want to die?
–6×01 “First Time Again”
- Daryl: All right, try to keep up.
Sasha: Daryl, have you looked at this car? Believe me, we want to get back there, too.
–6×06 “Always Accountable”
- Sasha: You don’t have to throw yourself out of a moving car… to feel like you’re calling the ball. That’s easy. You jump out of an airplane, you don’t have choices after that. Maybe you play some chicken with the ground, but you pull the rip cord, you live. But if you have a roof over your head, you have food, you have walls… you have choices. And without walkers and bullets and shit hitting the fan, you’re accountable for them. I mean, hell, you’re always accountable. It’s just with all that other noise, you know people won’t notice.
–6×06 “Always Accountable”
- Sasha: Where did you get that?
Abraham: It is the fruit of some off-the-chart stupidity. Some Grade-A, butt steak idiocy.
Sasha: Self-awareness is a beautiful thing.
Abraham: Yes, it is.
–6×06 “Always Accountable”
- Abraham: Brave new world. I still can’t stop thinking about Maggie having a pup. In this.
Sasha: What about it?
Abraham: You know, the way things go. The way they can.
Sasha: Yeah. Maybe that’s why. Because the way things go.
–6×11 “Knots Untie”
- Sasha: You okay?
Abraham: You said I had choices. You have them, too. Could be 30 years for us here. That’s still too short.
Sasha: Come inside.
–6×14 “Twice as Far”
- Abraham: They’re out there, so I’m gonna be there with you. We are.
Sasha: Package deal.
Eugene: Uh, what she said.
–6×16 “Last Day on Earth”
- Sasha: I’m taking her, I’m gonna get her there. I’m gonna keep her safe.
–7×01 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be”
- Sasha: It feels like everything is wrong.
Maggie: Not everything.
Sasha: He told me that you’re gonna be all right. He said you’ll just have to take it easy for the next few days.
Maggie: He told me that we have to stay. He says it’s better if he’s close, just in case, till the baby’s born.
Sasha: Then we’ll stay.
Maggie: I’m still thinking about it.
Sasha: You’re staying, and so am I.
–7×05 “Go Getters”
Don’t forget to check out our favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ quotes from: Glenn, Abraham, Maggie, Rosita, Daryl, Carl, Carol, Morgan, Michonne, Tara, Eugene
What is your favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ Sasha Williams quote?
The Handmaid’s Tale season 2, episode 10 streams Wednesday, June 20, and we have a few hints for this darkly intimate episode.
Incredibles 2 brought back all our favorite superheroes and introduced some new ones. We rank all the the superheroes from worst to best.
Netflix seems to be trying to bring back the rom com, and I am more than ready to welcome it back with open arms.
Major movie theater chain AMC has launched a surprisingly reasonable competitor to MoviePass.
LGBT+ representation in media is important, so this Pride Month pick up a book and go on an adventure in which you see yourself reflected within its pages.
The new Netflix romcom Set It Up embraces the tropes of the genre with a warm hug and also manages to stick the landing on a clever premise.
On June 15, news broke that #LuciFans had been successful with their campaigning, as Netflix picked up Lucifer for a fourth season. The reaction across social media was… jubilant, to say the least.
We’re recapping the Supergirl season 3 finale, “Battles Lost and Won,” in which the fight against Reign and the Dark Kryptonians reaches its climax.
Romance is common in superhero stories, but superheroes are rare in romance. At least I’ve never read one. If there’s a bevy of superhero romance books out there that I’m missing, someone please send me a list.
Kid Lit authors including Rainbow Rowell, Veronica Roth, Melissa de la Cruz, Margaret Stohl raising funds for separated families
Several prominent children’s literature authors are raising money for the families who are being separated at the United States / Mexico border due to the policies of the Donald Trump administration.
Recent Podcast Episodes
Join ReWatchable for all our final thoughts about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel as we wrap up our 2 & 1/2 year long vampire slaying marathon.
Join ReWatchable for a discussion about Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie, as well as the Buffy and Angel comics.
This week’s Hype Podcast topics include Ocean’s 8, Legally Blonde, Netflix, The 100, 13 Reasons Why and more.
Join ReWatchable for the final recap episode of the Buffy/Angel era, with Angel 5×21, “Power Play,” and 5×22, “Not Fade Away.”