The Walking Dead returns in just one week! To get ready, here’s our favorite quotes from the lovable Glenn Rhee.
Glenn Rhee has come a long way since he was first introduced on The Walking Dead. He was originally pretty low on the totem pole in the group, only called upon when it was time for a supply run. Not to mention, he was pretty awkward at times.
Now, he’s essential to the group and is always there to support everyone. When there’s trouble, Glenn Rhee is usually the first to volunteer to help. All of this has made him a fan favorite, and we hope that he’s not the one to meet Negan’s Lucille.
‘The Walking Dead’ Glenn Rhee quotes:
- Glenn: [On the walkie-talkie] Hey you, dumbass. Yeah, you in the tank. Cozy in there?
–1×01 “Days Gone By”
- Glenn: Nice moves there, Clint Eastwood. You’re the new sheriff come riding in to clean up the town?
Rick: Wasn’t my intention.
Glenn: Yeah, whatever. Yeehah. You’re still a dumbass.
- Glenn: Admit it, you only came back to Atlanta for the hat.
Rick: Don’t tell anybody.
Daryl: You’ve given away half our guns and ammo.
Glenn: Not nearly half.
Daryl: For what? A bunch of old farts who are gonna die off momentarily anyhow? Seriously, how long do you think they got?
Glenn: How long do any of us?
- Glenn: All I know is this chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori.
Dale: You let her?
Daryl: Climb down out of my asshole, man.
- Maggie: Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?
Glenn: Uh, hi. Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything. Hello. Nice to see you again. We, um, met before, briefly.
–2×03 “Save The Last One”
- Maggie: I’ve known Otis since I was a kid. He’s run this farm since before my mother died.
Glenn: Who else? Who’d you lose? You told me I had to make it okay somehow. That’s what you’ve been trying to do, right? Which ones?
Maggie: Stepmother. Stepbrother.
–2×03 “Save The Last One”
- Glenn: You know, normally this is the kind of thing I’d do on my own. Solo. It’s sort of my thing, you know? I’m a loner. You all right?
Maggie: I’m fine.
Glenn: I saw the look on your face back at the well. Never seen one killed up close before? Guess it’s kind of a shock. You know, being out on the road, we’ve seen a lot. Guess we’ve gotten a little numb to it.
–2×04 “Cherokee Rose”
- Glenn: You know, we still have eleven condoms.
Maggie: You see eleven condoms, I see eleven minutes of my life I’m never getting back.
Glenn: It wasn’t that bad, was it?
Maggie: Look, I don’t even know if I like you.
Glenn: But you’re thinking about it. You should.
- Glenn: Um, Dale, you think Andrea’s on her period? I’m only asking ’cause it’s like all the women are acting really weird. And…and I read somewhere that when women spend a lot of time together, their cycles line up and they all get super crazy hormonal at the same time.
Dale: I’m gonna advise you to keep that theory to yourself.
- Dale: Want to tell me what’s going on?
Glenn: You’re old. You’re…you know things. So, what if somebody told you something that somebody else should know…
Dale: Glenn, stop being dramatic. Spit it out.
Glenn: There’s… there’s Walkers in the barn and Lori’s pregnant.
- Lori: Prenatal vitamins. That’s a hell of a choice.
Glenn: I’m glad it’s not mine. Lori, we’re friends, aren’t we?
Lori: With everything we’ve been through…yeah.
Glenn: I can’t tell you what to do. I could never tell you something like that. But your choice…maybe you shouldn’t make it alone.
- Glenn: Maggie said she loves me. She doesn’t mean it. I mean she can’t. I mean, well…she…she’s upset or confused. She’s probably feeling, like…
Rick: I think she’s smart enough to know what she’s feeling.
Glenn: No. No. No, you know what? She wants to be in love, so she’s… she needs something to…to, like…to hold onto.
Rick: Glenn, it’s pretty obvious to everyone Maggie loves you, and not just because you’re one of the last men standing. So what’s the problem?
Glenn: I didn’t say it back.
Glenn: I’ve never had a woman say that to me before except my mom, of course, and my sisters. But with Maggie, it’s different. We barely know each other. What… what does she really know about me? Nothing. We’re practically strangers. But I… I didn’t know what to do with it. I just stood there like a jerk.
Rick: Hey. Hey, this is a good thing, something we don’t get enough of these days. Enjoy it. And when we get back, return the favor. It’s not like she’s going anywhere.
- Glenn: Yeah. A bullet hit the wall behind me and I, I thought of you losing me, hurting. And I couldn’t take it, so I hid to stay alive.
Glenn: No, no, no. No, you don’t get it. Rick, your dad, they were counting on me and I, I only thought of myself.
- Glenn: Hey, Maggie, look at me. Look at me. Hey, we’re alive. We made it. Okay? I’m sure they are, too. Right? I love you. Maggie, I love you. I should’ve said it a long time ago and it’s been true for a long time. We’re gonna be all right, okay? We’ll be all right.
Maggie: Okay. Yeah.
–2×13 “Beside the Dying Fire”
- Glenn: Daryl, this was Merle. It was. He did this.
Rick: You saw him?
Glenn: Face to face. Threw a walker at me. He was gonna execute us.
Daryl: So my brother’s this governor?
Maggie: No, it’s somebody else. Your brother is his lieutenant or something.
Daryl: Does he know I’m still with you?
Glenn: He does now. Rick, I’m sorry. We told him where the prison was. We couldn’t hold out.
Rick: Don’t. No need to apologize.
–3×08 “Made To Suffer”
- Glenn: When you gave me this… I didn’t fully understand what it meant. Such a simple thing. I know what it means now. I know what it takes. I want to marry Maggie. And we don’t have to have a wedding. I don’t even know if we’ll last the week. But I want her to know before… who knows?
Herhsel: You have my blessing.
–3×15 “This Sorrowful Life”
- Maggie: I didn’t want to, but we could have. We can have lives here.
Glenn: How can you say that after today? After Lori?
Maggie: Because I don’t want to be afraid of being alive.
Glenn: Being afraid is what’s kept us alive.
Maggie: No. It’s how we kept breathing.
–4×01 “30 Days Without an Accident”
- Glenn: I could use a vacation, get away. Just for a weekend.
Glenn: You know, our anniversary is coming up.
Maggie: It is?
Glenn: One of these days.
Maggie: You’ve ever been to Amicalola Falls? Tallest waterfalls in Georgia.
Maggie: My Dad took me there when I was little. When we were up there, all the way at the top looking down, I felt like I was flying.
Glenn: I’ll go load up the station wagon.
–4×08 “Too Far Gone”
- Glenn: I was on the bus and then I got off the help and she didn’t see me.
Tara: How do you know if she made it?
Glenn: I don’t know. But Hershel, Maggie’s father, was a great man. And he told me all I had to do was believe, and that’s what I’m gonna do. Neither one of us should be alive, right now. She got out, so you’re gonna help me find her. Things aren’t over. They’re not over.
Tara: I want to believe that. I want to.
Glenn: You have to.
- Tara: Was it a walker?
Glenn: Uh, yeah. It was a walker.
Glenn: It was a stack of boxes and a mop and I tripped.
- Glenn: You’d better turn in. You’ve got a late watch.
Abraham: Yeah. I really need some ass first.
Glenn: Didn’t need to know that, but cool.
–5×05 “Self Help”
- Glenn: Nicholas, don’t talk, just listen. Those four people you lost on that run, that’s on you. And Noah, that’s on you, too. Those five lives, you have to carry that. People like you are supposed to be dead, but these walls went up just in time, so you’re not. You don’t go outside those walls anymore. Not by yourself, not with anyone else. And that’s how you’re gonna survive.
Nicholas: Who the hell do you think you are?
Glenn: I’m someone who knows who you are. I know what you did, and it’s not gonna happen again.
Nicholas: I’ve been protecting this place, helping provide for it. You just got here.
Glenn: Don’t forget what I said.
Nicholas: Are you threatening me?
Glenn: No, I’m saving you.
- Glenn: [On the walkie-talkie] Rick, it’s Glenn. We’re in a town five degrees east of the green marker. If you get around on Redding in the next 20 minutes, you should be good. I think that’s how far we’re ahead of the herd. I’m gonna try to set a fire and distract them. If you don’t see smoke, they’re still coming your way. I got to go. Good luck, dumbass.
–6×03 “Thank You”
- Glenn: You honor the dead by going on, even when you’re scared. You live because they don’t get to.
–6×07 “Heads Up”
- Enid: The world is trying to die. We’re supposed to just let it.
Glenn: No, you’re wrong. We’re not supposed to let the world die, and I sure as hell am not gonna let you die.
Enid: I’m sure your wife will forgive you.
Glenn: It’s not for her anymore. Look, the walls are still up, the houses are still up. We’ll find out the rest. Okay?
–6×07 “Heads Up”
- Enid: When I wanted to run… you said, ‘That’s how you lose people… even after they’re gone.’ What the hell does that mean?
Glenn: People you love, they made you who you are. They’re still part of you. If you stop being you, that last bit of them that’s still around inside, who you are it’s gone.
Enid: Who are those people to you?
Glenn: My parents. A man named Dale. Maggie’s father, Hershel. A woman named Andrea. A man named Tyreese. Who are they to you?
Enid: My parents.
Glenn: Then they’re still here ’cause you’re still here.
–6×09 “No Way Out”
- Maggie: We need someone on the perimeter keeping watch. That could be me. That would be safe, safer.
Glenn: Whatever safer looks like now.
–6×12 “Not Tomorrow Yet”
- Glenn: We just got stuck with each other, we were lucky. We figured it all out together, I felt like we did. After everything we did. The world’s not what we thought it was. Hilltop, the Saviors, it’s bigger.
- Glenn: Maggie, I will find you.
–7×01 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be”
Don’t forget to check out our favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ quotes from: Abraham, Maggie, Rosita, Daryl, Carl, Carol, Morgan, Michonne, Tara
What is your favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ Glenn Rhee quote?
George R. R. Martin addresses the ‘real’ ending of ‘Game of Thrones,’ promises ‘The Winds of Winter’
George R. R. Martin answers the pressing question: Will A Song of Ice and Fire end the same way as Game of Thrones?
In which I get upset at pill-microphone mechanics.
CBS is finally building up a solid group of shows with Black people in front of and behind the camera. But, there’s one obstacle that may keep people from watching its best Black shows
The 100 season 6, episode 3, “The Children of Gabriel,” is all about first times, first impressions and second chances.
As a crucial plot point in both Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the multiverse theory is essential to the continued success of superhero franchises.
The future of The Walking Dead character Maggie Rhee may have become a lot more certain.
Don't bother trying, guys, you can't escape your past
Your Game of Thrones fan petition is dumb, please stop it.
Get ready to see more of Joshua Jackson on Hulu.