Carol Peletier has had a rough rode on The Walking Dead, here’s a look back at her journey with our favorite quotes.
Carol started off quiet and reserved under the authority of her abusive husband on The Walking Dead. Once her husband had died, she became a little more free to express herself. However, it wasn’t until her daughter died that fans really got to see the strong side of Carol.
Despite losing her only child, Carol persevered and became an important member of Rick’s group. When tough situations arose, Carol always stepped up to the plate even when no one asked her to. It put her in a tough spot when Carol killed two sick members of their community in the prison for the greater good, but Rick worried what would happen if people found out what would happen.
This led Rick to cast her out into the world by herself, only to have Carol return to the group and save everyone when they were taken prisoner at Terminus. However, the experience of having killed so many seem to have altered her.
As time went on, and she had to kill even more to protect those she loved. Carol began to hate the person she was becoming, which led her to try and leave them. At the start of The Walking Dead season 7 Carol is at The Kingdom healing from injuries sustained by a fight with the Saviors, while Rick and the group are facing their problems without her.
‘The Walking Dead’ Carol Peletier quotes:
- Carol: I do miss my Maytag.
Andrea: I miss my Benz, my sat-nav.
Jacqui: I miss my coffeemaker, with that dual-drip filter and built-in grinder, honey.
Amy: My computer, texting.
Andrea: I miss my vibrator.
Carol: Me too.
–1×03 “Tell It To The Frogs”
- Carol: This isn’t right, you can’t just keep us here.
Jenner: One tiny moment, a millisecond, no pain.
Carol: My daughter doesn’t deserve to die.
Jenner: Wouldn’t it be kinder, to be more compassionate to just hold your loved ones and wait for the clock to run down?
- Carol: How could you just leave her out there to begin with? How could you just leave her?
Rick: Those two Walkers were on us, I had to draw them off. It was her best chance.
Shane: Sounds like he didn’t have a choice, Carol.
Carol: How was she supposed to find her way back on her own? She’s just a child, she’s just a child.
Rick: It was my only option, the only choice I could make.
Shane: I’m sure nobody doubts that.
Carol: My little girl got left in the woods.
–2×01 “What Lies Ahead”
- Carol: You need to know something, you did more for my little girl today than her own daddy ever did in his whole life.
Daryl: I didn’t do anything Rick or Shane wouldn’t have done.
Carol: I know, you’re every bit as good as them. Every bit.
- Lori: They’re ready, come on.
Daryl: ‘Cause that’s your little girl.
Carol: That’s not my little girl, that’s some other thing. My Sophia was alone in the woods. All this time I thought… She didn’t cry herself to sleep, she didn’t go hungry, she didn’t try to find her way back. Sophia died a long time ago.
- Carol: We’re not safe with him, keeping something like from us. Why do you need him? He’s just gonna pull you down.
Daryl: No, Rick’s done right by me.
Carol: You’re his henchmen and I’m a burden, you deserve better.
Daryl: What do you want?
Carol: A man of honor.
Daryl: Rick has honor.
–2×13 “Beside the Dying Fire”
- Daryl: We should go back.
Carol: Could be romantic… wanna screw around?
Daryl: I’ll go down first.
Carol: Even better!
- Carol: That’s not much, but if I don’t bring you something, you won’t eat at all.
Daryl: Yeah, I guess little Shane over there has got quite the appetite.
Carol: Don’t be mean. Rick’s gotten us a lot further than I thought he would, I’ll give him that. Shane could never have done that.
- Carol: You’ve gotta be worried sick about delivering the baby.
Lori: Look at me, do I look worried?
Carol: You look disgusting.
Lori: So do you.
- Daryl: Stay safe.
Carol: Nine lives, remember?
–3×07 “When The Dead Come Knocking”
- Axel: I didn’t mean no offense. I’ve been locked up a long while and, well, there weren’t many women. You following me? I mean, Maggie, she’s with Glenn and you’re a lesbian. I was just talking with her.
Carol: I’m not a lesbian.
Axel: You got the short hair. You’re not a lesbian? My, my, this is interesting.
Carol: No, it’s not.
–3×08 “Made To Suffer”
- Carol: You need to sleep with him. Give him the greatest night of his life. Get him to drop his guard, and then when he’s sleeping, you can end this.
–3×11 “I Aint Judas”
- Daryl: Smells good.
Carol: Just so you know, I liked you first.
Daryl: Stop. You know, Rick brought in a lot of them, too.
Carol: Not recently. Give the stranger sanctuary, keep people fed, you’re gonna have to learn to live with the love.
–4×01 “30 Days Without an Accident”
- Carol: You don’t need to like what I did, Rick. I don’t. You just have to accept it.
- Carol: Look at the flowers, Lizzie. Just look at the flowers.
–4×14 “The Grove”
- Tyreese: How are you gonna do this?
Carol: I’m gonna kill people.
–5×01 “No Sanctuary”
- Carol: You lead people here and you take what they have and you kill them. Is that what this place is?
Mary: No, not at first. It’s what it had to be, and we’re still here.
Carol: You’re not here, neither am I.
–5×01 “No Sanctuary”
- Rick: I sent you away to this…
Carol: You said I could survive, you were right.
- Daryl: I bet this cost some rich prick a lot of money.
Daryl: Looks like a dog sat in paint, wiped its ass all over the place.
Carol: Really? I kinda like it.
Carol: I’m serious, you don’t know me.
Daryl: Yep, you keep tellin’ yourself that.
- Carol: I don’t want you to die, I don’t want Beth to die. I don’t want anyone at the church to die, but I can’t stand around and watch it happen either. I can’t. That’s why I left. I just had to be somewhere else.
Daryl: Well, you ain’t somewhere else, you’re right here. Tryin’.
Carol: Look, you’re not who you were and neither am I. I don’t know if I believe in God anymore or heaven, but if I’m going to hell, I’m making damn sure I’m holding it off as long as I can.
- Carol: I think she saved my life. She saved your life, too, right? It was hers. We’re not dead. That’s what you said. You’re not dead. I know you. We’re different. I can’t let myself. But you… I know you. You have to let yourself feel it. You will.
- Michonne: You ready?
Rick: Yeah. Yeah.
Carol: Even though you were wrong, you were still right.
–5×11 “The Distance”
- Carol: We get comfortable here, we let our guard down, this place is gonna make us weak.
Rick: Carl said that but it’s not gonna happen. We won’t get weak, that’s not in us anymore. We’ll make it work. And if they can’t make it then we’ll just take this place.
- Carol: You can never tell anybody. Especially your mom. Because if you do, one morning you’ll wake up and you won’t be in your bed.
Sam: Where will I be?
Carol: You’ll be outside the walls far, far away tied to a tree. And you’ll scream and scream because you’ll be so afraid. No one will come to help because no one will hear you. Well, something will hear you. The monsters will come. The ones out there. And you won’t be able to run away when they come for you. And they will tear you apart and eat you up all while you’re still alive. All while you can still feel it. And then afterwards, no one will ever know what happened to you. Or you can promise not to ever tell anyone what you saw here and then nothing will happen. And you will get cookies. Lots of cookies.
- Rick: I don’t want to lie anymore.
Carol: You said you don’t want to take this place, and you don’t want to lie? Oh sunshine, you don’t get both.
- Morgan: You been with Rick long?
Carol: Since Atlanta.
Morgan: And were you a cop, too?
Carol: Why would you think that?
Morgan: You’re always watching. You always, uh, seem ready.
Carol: For what?
Morgan: You know, to handle things.
Carol: Aren’t you sweet.
–6×01 “First Time Again”
- Morgan: You don’t trust anybody, do you?
Carol: Some more than others but you’re dead last.
Morgan: Well, at least we’re being honest.
Carol: I never trusted you, but I never thought you were lying.
–6×08 “Start To Finish”
- Carol: You’re the one who’s afraid to die and you’re going to. You will die, it’s what’s gonna happen if you don’t work this out.
Paula: Are you going to kill me?
Carol: I hope not.
–6×13 “The Same Boat”
- Carol: [Goodbye letter] I wish it didn’t have to end, not this way. It was never my intention to hurt you, but it’s how it has to be. We have so much here, people, food, medicine, walls, everything we need to live. But what we have other people want, too, and that will never change. If we survive this threat and it’s not over, another one will be back to take its place, to take what we have. I love you all here, I do, and I’d have to kill for you. And I can’t. I won’t. Rick sent me away and I wasn’t ever gonna come back, but everything happened and I wound up staying. But I can’t anymore. I can’t love anyone because I can’t kill for anyone. So I’m going, like I always should have. Don’t come after me, please.
–6×14 “Twice As Far”
- Morgan: Those people, your people, they care about you.
Carol: I know they do and I care about them. That’s why I can’t be there.
Morgan: That’s why you have to be there.
–6×16 “Last Day on Earth”
- Carol: Do you really just not get it? After everything that’s happened? If you care about people, there are people to protect, there are people that you will kill for. If you don’t want to kill or if you can’t then you have to get away from them. You do not get both, you should know that.
Morgan: No, everything’s about people. Everything in this life is worth a damn, that’s what I know. And out here on your own, you’ll die.
Carol: Then let me die.
–6×16 “Last Day on Earth”
- Carol: I don’t know what the hell’s going on in the most wonderful way.
–7×02 “The Well”
Don’t forget to check out our favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ quotes from: Glenn, Abraham, Maggie, Rosita, Daryl, Carl, Morgan, Michonne, Tara
What is your favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ Carol Peletier quote?
George R. R. Martin answers the pressing question: Will A Song of Ice and Fire end the same way as Game of Thrones?
In which I get upset at pill-microphone mechanics.
CBS is finally building up a solid group of shows with Black people in front of and behind the camera. But, there’s one obstacle that may keep people from watching its best Black shows
The 100 season 6, episode 3, “The Children of Gabriel,” is all about first times, first impressions and second chances.
As a crucial plot point in both Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the multiverse theory is essential to the continued success of superhero franchises.
The future of The Walking Dead character Maggie Rhee may have become a lot more certain.
Don't bother trying, guys, you can't escape your past
Your Game of Thrones fan petition is dumb, please stop it.
Get ready to see more of Joshua Jackson on Hulu.