Michonne started out as cold and ruthless on The Walking Dead but has transformed into an instrumental part of the group. To celebrate her journey here’s are favorite Michonne quotes!
Although Michonne initially comes of as uncaring, she becomes fiercely loyal to those that she does form bonds with. After becoming separated from Rick and the group in The Walking Dead season 2, Andrea ran into Michonne who saved her life from walkers. After surviving a brutal winter, they found Woodbury. Although Andrea thought it was perfect, Michonne’s sharp instincts told her something was off.
While trying to escape from Woodbury, Michonne came across Glenn and Maggie who were abducted by Merle. She was able to get to prison and warn Rick about it, but her attitude towards the others kept her as an outsider. Eventually her skills with the katana, and their mutual hatred for the Governor causes a bond to grow between Michonne and Rick.
That bond has only continued to grow as the seasons go on and they fight by each others side. At the end of season 6, Rick and Michonne had become lovers. But the tragedy that the group faces in season 7 has been causing clear strain between them. Will Michonne continue to stand by Rick’s side or will she resist living under Negan’s rule?
‘The Walking Dead’ Michonne quotes:
- Michonne: People with nothing to hide don’t usually feel the need to say so.
–3×05 “Say The Word”
- Michonne: They were taken.
Rick:Taken? By who?
Michonne: By the same son of a bitch who shot me.
Rick: Hey, these are our people. You tell us what happened now!
Michonne: Don’t you ever touch me again!
Daryl: You better start talking, you’re gonna have a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound.
Michonne: Find ’em yourself.
–3×07 “When The Dead Come Knocking”
- Michonne: I did not realize the messiah complex was contagious.
Andrea: Go to hell, Michonne.
Michonne: He sent Merle to kill me. Would have sent him to kill you, too, if you had come with me. But you didn’t, did you? Hm-mmm. You chose a warm bed over a friend. That’s why I went back to Woodbury, exposed him for what he is, I knew that it would hurt you.
–3×11 “I Aint Judas”
- Michonne: You see something? I know you see things, people, I used to talk to my dead boyfriend. It happens.
Rick: You want to drive?
Rick: Good, I see things.
- Rick: We’re eating his food now?
Michonne: The mat said “Welcome.”
- Michonne: You think I was gonna let you go in there?
Carl: I just think it’s none of your business, you don’t know me, you don’t know my dad.
Michonne: I came out here to help.
Carl: You came out here for common interests, we have the same enemy and same the problem. And that’s why you’re here, that’s it. This is important, I’m going to do this, and I know how I can. You can’t stop me.
Michonne: I can’t stop you, but you can’t stop me from helping you.
- Daryl: I’m gonna take a group out, best not waste any more time.
Michonne: I’m in.
Hershel: You’ve haven’t been exposed, Daryl has, you get in the car with him…
Michonne: He’s already given me fleas.
- Michonne: Mike, I miss you. I missed you even when I was with you. Back at the camp, it wasn’t you who did it. You were wrong, because I’m still here. And you could be too, and he could be. I know the answer, I know why.
- Michonne: I’m sorry, I’m not very good at making boys your age laugh.
Carl: I was laughing, inside.
Michonne: Toddlers find me funny. Two, three-year-olds.
Carl: What do you mean toddlers?
Michonne: I had a three-year-old son and he happened to find me extremely funny.
- Rick: Do you miss the sword?
Michonne: Wasn’t really mine in the first place. Found it in the very beginning.
Rick: How’d you get so good?
Michonne: It was just me and them out here all day, every day a good long time. I don’t know what that was, but it wasn’t life. Not like today. Stumbling around in three feet of slime for some peas and carrots, that’s living. I miss Andrea, I miss Hershel.
Michonne: I don’t miss what was before, I don’t miss that sword.
- Michonne: Washington. Eugene lied about a cure, but he thought of Washington for a reason.
Glenn: But he was lying.
Michonne: About the cure, but he did the math and realized that Washington was the place where there would be a chance. We’re close. What if there are people there? Huh? What if it’s someplace we can be safe. We’re 100 miles away, It’s a possibility, It’s a chance. Instead of just being out here. Instead of just making it, because right now, this is what making it looks like.
Michonne: Don’t you want one more day with a chance?
–5×09 “What Happened and What’s Going on”
- Michonne: So we’re clear, that look was not a let’s attack that man look. It was a he seems like an okay guy to me look.
–5×11 “The Distance”
- Morgan: Back when we were in that place, where I lived, did you take one of my protein bars?
Morgan: See, I could have sworn there was one more peanut butter left.
Michonne: That’s how it is, isn’t it? You always think there’s one more peanut butter left.
–6×01 “First Time Again”
- Michonne: Glenn is out there risking his life for you and for everyone else. And I’m still here, so I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.
Heath: Things are gonna get worse and then we’ll see.
Michonne: Yeah, we will. Rick said what he said because sometimes you don’t have a choice.
Heath: That is not how we do it.
Michonne: Because you’ve never had to do it any other way. You haven’t been through it, not really. Not like Rick, Rick was out there, I was out there. We know, you don’t. But if you don’t learn, you will die, we will.
Heath: I’ve been doing runs from the start, okay? I know what it’s like.
Michonne: Have you ever had to kill people because they had already killed your friends and were coming for you next? Have you ever done things that made you feel afraid of yourself afterward? Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didn’t know if it was yours or walkers’ or your friends’? Huh? Then you don’t know.
–6×03 “Thank You”
- Michonne: Do you have any toothpaste left?
Rick: No, because someone’s been borrowing it every day for two weeks.
–6×10 “The Next World”
- Michonne: Maggie has us on a schedule and I’m not pissing off a pregnant lady.
Rick: Yeah, not that pregnant lady.
- Michonne: Maggie, we’re not letting you go. Okay?”
— 7×01 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be”
- Rick: This is how we live now. I had to accept that too, so I could keep everyone else alive.
Michonne: It’s not your fault when people die.
— 7×04 “Service”