The Walking Dead is back tonight, but before the mayhem, let’s take some time to appreciate our favorite Maggie Greene quotes!
Maggie Greene wasn’t introduced until the second season of The Walking Dead, but we love her just as much as the characters from the original season. Though her family was kept safe and isolated on their farm during the breakout of walkers, it was clear that Maggie stood out amongst her family as a leader.
Despite her tough exterior, Maggie grew to love Glenn and became very close with the others from Rick’s group. With the subsequent death of her family, the group turned into her family. Arriving at Alexandra allowed her leadership skills to flourish once more.
‘The Walking Dead’ Maggie Greene quotes:
- Maggie: I hear you’re fast on your feet and know how to get in and out. Got a pharmacy run. You in?
Dale: Miss, what’s the water situation here?
Maggie: Got five wells on our land. House draws directly from number one, number two well is right over there. We use it for the cattle but it’s just as pure. Take what you need. There’s a cart and containers in the generator shed behind the house.
Maggie: I’ll go saddle your horse then.
–2×04 “Cherokee Rose”
- Maggie: I’ll have sex with you.
Glenn: Really? Why?
Maggie: You’re asking questions?
Glenn: Okay, I can’t help wondering.
Maggie: It’s not like our options are vast these days, and you’re not the only one that’s lonely.
–2×04 “Cherokee Rose”
- Hershel: What’s going on with you and the Asian boy?
Maggie: Glenn. He’s a friend.
Hershel: I’d rather he wasn’t. Bad enough I have to chase Beth and Jimmy around.
Maggie: Well, you don’t have to chase me around. I’m not 16.
Hershel: I know you’re not, that’s why I’m counting on you to be the mature one. You know how I feel. Please, don’t make things harder than they need to be.
Maggie: I’m a little old for us to be having this conversation.
Hershel: Don’t get close to them, They’re not going to be around forever.
- Maggie: Could you be more obvious? Here, enjoy.
Glenn: Are you trying to buy my silence with fruit?
Maggie: Of course not, there’s also jerky.
- Glenn: You didn’t have to come, you could hate me from a distance. Please say something. Maggie, I…
Maggie: I asked for your trust and you betrayed it. Now my dad’s pissed at me. Your turn.
- Maggie: I’ve already lost three of the people that I care about most in this world.
Maggie: Shut up. You’re smart, you’re brave, you’re a leader. But you don’t know it, and your friends don’t want to know it. They’d rather have you fetching peaches. There’s a dead guy in the well? Send Glenn down. You’re Walker-bait. I can’t take you becoming one of them.
- Hershel: Is this about you and the Asian boy? Do you want me to…
Maggie: No, his name is Glenn. He saved my life yesterday when one of the people you think is sick tried to kill me. How’s that for dramatic? Things aren’t what you think they are. They aren’t. Don’t do this, okay? It’s not about me and Glenn. It’s not about me and you. It’s about you.
–2×07 “Pretty Much Dead Already”
- Glenn: Hey, Maggie, look at me. Look at me. Hey, we’re alive. We made it, okay? I’m sure they are, too. Right? I love you. Maggie, I love you. I should’ve said it a long time ago and it’s been true for a long time. We’re gonna be all right, okay? We’ll be all right.
Maggie: Okay, yeah.
–2×13 “Beside the Dying Fire”
- Maggie: I didn’t want to, but we could have. We can have lives here.
Glenn: How can you say that after today? After Lori?
Maggie: Because I don’t want to be afraid of being alive.
Glenn: Being afraid is what’s kept us alive.
Maggie: No, it’s how we kept breathing.
–4×01 “30 Days Without an Accident”
- Maggie: You know, when I was lying there and I remembered, I heard what you said back at the camp. I heard you say you thought we should be in a town.
Sasha: What else did you hear me say?
Maggie: That odds are Glenn is dead, and we should stop. But you’re wrong.
Sasha: So why are you here?
Maggie: ‘Cause I was waiting for you. I’m not giving up. But I need your help ’cause I can’t do it by myself. And even if I catch up to Bob, we can’t do it alone. I thought I couldn’t ask you to risk your life. But I can. ‘Cause I know what you’d be risking it for. And it isn’t just Glenn. I get that you’re afraid.
Sasha: I am. I am afraid.
Maggie: We could get there.
Sasha: I know. So let’s go get Bob and let’s get there.
- Glenn: Oh, eh. What are you doing? This is the only picture I have of you.
Maggie: You don’t need a picture of me. You never will again.
- Father Gabriel Stokes: This is the Lord’s house.
Maggie: No. It’s just four walls and a roof.
–5×03 “Four Walls And A Roof”
- Maggie: She had a gun. She could’ve shot herself.
Carol: Some people can’t give up. Like us.
- Maggie: He’s right, you know? Abraham’s more than qualified.
Deanna: I put another one of your people in a position of power, you vouch for them. It’s becoming a pattern.
Maggie: We know what we’re doing. It’s why you wanted us here. It’s why Aaron and Daryl are out there looking for more people. You wanted a future. You need us for that.
Deanna: That’s right.
- Maggie: Glenn saves people, even people like that. I couldn’t accept it either, but then I thought about you. How we were on different sides of the fence on the worst day of my life. And now you’re one of the most important people in the world to me. Things can get better. We can make them better. You tell me what you want to do.
Tara: I’m just gonna follow your lead, okay?
Maggie: Okay, I’m sorry.
–6×01 “First Time Again”
- Maggie: I burned his last picture of him because I said I wasn’t gonna need it anymore. Because I was never gonna be away from him again. I’m pregnant. He didn’t want me to go out there and I said yes, and if I would’ve gone… if I was with him, maybe I could’ve helped him. I don’t know if he’s alive. He would’ve shown me by now. That’s what Michonne said. I just want to see his face. I can’t. I don’t get to know what will happen. I won’t get to know what will happen, what I did right or wrong. Not now. I have to live with that. You do, too.
- Maggie: I never see you. Everybody’s been working for weeks to get this place back together and you just disappear. Do you sit in your room all day?
Maggie: Then where’d you go?
Maggie: You helped Glenn get home. You helped me when I was up in that guard post.
Maggie: So maybe there are better places for you to go than just nowhere. I’m around, come talk to me.
–6×10 “The Next World”
- Gregory: What makes you think you can do what we haven’t done?
Maggie: We’ve handled people like Negan.
Maggie: They’re dead.
–6×11 “Knots Untie”
- Maggie: Women used to just die in childbirth and they always thought the world was gonna end. Living through it, why would you just give up?
Paula: But are you going to live through it? Anyway, that’s cute. Babies are the point. Children are our future. Making bite-sized snacks for the dead. The point is to stay standing.
Maggie: No, walkers do that. I’m choosing something.
–6×13 “The Same Boat”
Don’t forget to check out our favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ quotes from: Glenn, Abraham, Rosita, Daryl, Carl, Carol, Morgan, Michonne, Tara
What is your favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ Maggie Greene quote?
The Handmaid’s Tale season 2, episode 10 streams Wednesday, June 20, and we have a few hints for this darkly intimate episode.
Incredibles 2 brought back all our favorite superheroes and introduced some new ones. We rank all the the superheroes from worst to best.
Netflix seems to be trying to bring back the rom com, and I am more than ready to welcome it back with open arms.
Major movie theater chain AMC has launched a surprisingly reasonable competitor to MoviePass.
LGBT+ representation in media is important, so this Pride Month pick up a book and go on an adventure in which you see yourself reflected within its pages.
The new Netflix romcom Set It Up embraces the tropes of the genre with a warm hug and also manages to stick the landing on a clever premise.
On June 15, news broke that #LuciFans had been successful with their campaigning, as Netflix picked up Lucifer for a fourth season. The reaction across social media was… jubilant, to say the least.
We’re recapping the Supergirl season 3 finale, “Battles Lost and Won,” in which the fight against Reign and the Dark Kryptonians reaches its climax.
Romance is common in superhero stories, but superheroes are rare in romance. At least I’ve never read one. If there’s a bevy of superhero romance books out there that I’m missing, someone please send me a list.
Kid Lit authors including Rainbow Rowell, Veronica Roth, Melissa de la Cruz, Margaret Stohl raising funds for separated families
Several prominent children’s literature authors are raising money for the families who are being separated at the United States / Mexico border due to the policies of the Donald Trump administration.
Recent Podcast Episodes
Join ReWatchable for all our final thoughts about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel as we wrap up our 2 & 1/2 year long vampire slaying marathon.
Join ReWatchable for a discussion about Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie, as well as the Buffy and Angel comics.
This week’s Hype Podcast topics include Ocean’s 8, Legally Blonde, Netflix, The 100, 13 Reasons Why and more.
Join ReWatchable for the final recap episode of the Buffy/Angel era, with Angel 5×21, “Power Play,” and 5×22, “Not Fade Away.”