On Hype’s first show of 2016 we share our fandom new year resolutions, argue over the Sherlock special, and look ahead to the stories we do and don’t want to see in 2016.
How We Hype:
Marama has less-than-good things to say about The Good Dinosaur, Kyle shares a funny Sisters story, and Pam is all about Show Me A Hero (and Gossip Girl!). Plus, we share our fandom resolutions, which include listening to more music, reading more books, and watching less TV.
– George R.R. Martin probably isn’t going to finish ASOIAF, which is okay because neither are we
– Controversy sparks over Benedict Cumberbatch’s new facial hair. Oh, and also he’s Doctor Strange…
– We’re excited for the Daredevil season 2 images and Kyle outs himself with an embarrassing confession
– Pam explains the new The Walking Dead trailer
– Behind-the-scenes special abound with Legends of Tomorrow, Justice League, and Captain America
– Twitter is considering 10,000 character tweets; we’re considering quitting Twitter
TV Show of the Week:
We discuss the Sherlock special that aired over the New Year. Two people liked it and one didn’t — guess who. This discussion contains spoilers so skip it if you haven’t had a chance to watch the episode yet.
We finish with Hot on Hypable and look at some of the news stories we do and don’t want to see in 2016 (and some that have already come true). In listener feedback we share some of your favourite TV shows of 2015. To wrap up, Kyle gives us a Disney insider scoop, Pam plugs her Gossip Girl live-tweet, and Marama amazes everyone with the spoiler her parents avoided for 35 years.
Let us know your fandom resolutions in the comments!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast