Our end-of-year show for 2015 is relaxed, casual dress, anti-Funko and Buffy-loving as we wrap up this year in pop culture, and look ahead to the Harry Potter, Marvel, TV and film experiences of 2016.
Best movies of 2015:
– Pam tells the story of her almost-cameo in Fifty Shades of Grey
– Our favourite movies of the year! Spy, Ricki and the Flash, The Martian, Star Wars, Mad Max: Fury Road and Inside Out are just some of our many picks
– Surprise, Marama doesn’t hate Spectre
– We try to name the many, many big films coming out in 2016
– This has been a huge year for Harry Potter fans, with Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts announcements
– We talk at length about Jupiter Ascending, because.
New TV shows of 2015, and shows premiering in 2016:
– Shows we loved this year: Galavant,, Jessica Jones, and Agent Carter
– Apparently, Aziz Ansari’s parents are Kyle’s parents
– Out with the old, in with the… older? We’ve been watching Dollhouse, Buffy, and Gossip Girl!
– WTF moment of the year: the gender-bent Twilight
– We’re excited for Lucifer, Damien, and Gilmore Girls
– When was the last time a musical hit as big as Hamilton? We say Rent and Wicked.
Best music of the year:
– Pam names Carly Rae Jepsen’s Emotion the best pop album of the year!
– Kyle thinks One Direction’s Made in the A.M. is “astounding”
– Marama liked Mumford & Sons’ Wildebeest and The Wombats’ Glitterbug.
– Selina mainly just listens to Spotify’s Star Wars playlist for Finn these days, but also Of Monsters and Men.
And that’s the end! HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! Thanks for listening, and we hope to see you all in 2016 for lots of exciting new Hype content!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast