This post was written by a Hypable user! Learn more about this feature and write your own news/opinion here.
Let’s be real: the majority of the Harry Potter cast is perfect. Helena Bonham Carter, Evanna Lynch, Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, and of course the trio – Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson – are just a handful of the dozens of actors who perfectly embody their characters.
But, like with all films based on books, there are miscasts.
There are just those actors who you really don’t like. Maybe there was someone else you were really crossing your fingers for. Maybe you didn’t picture them as that character. Either way, you don’t like them. And there are those people in the Potter films, as much as we’d like to pretend the entire cast is perfect. Luckily, at least in my opinion, there are only five.
5. Sirius Black (Gary Oldman): Yes, I love Gary Oldman. He’s great. And yes, I love Sirius. I really do. But Gary Oldman as Sirius? Oldman is, well, an old man. He’s much, much too old to play the youthful Sirius. And that moustache? What in the name of Merlin’s pants is that about?
4. Nymphadora Tonks (Natalia Tena): Bad-ass and clumsy, Tonks was easily one of my favourite book characters at the time of her introduction in Order of the Phoenix. Along with Hermione, Ginny, and Luna, she definitely represented the most awesome characters of our gender. And when Natalia Tena was cast for the film, I thought, “Okay, she’s quirky-looking, and I thought she was fun in About A Boy.” Ohh boy was I wrong. She was awful, but I don’t know if it was Tena or the abysmal, pathetic excuse for a film that was OOTP that made her bad. But she flopped on her face – literally and figuratively.
3. Ginny Weasley (Bonnie Wright): As she grew up, I though Bonnie was growing beautiful at the right pace and that she was getting the right amount of screen time at the right pace. And then HBP hit and I was flumouxed. She looked so perfect, and, like with Tonks, I’m not entirely sure if it was the material or Bonnie herself that just made the whole thing fall apart. When she screamed for Harry in DH2, I was actually really happy because we finally got to see some sort of emotion. I know why book!Ginny got book!Harry. I don’t know why movie!Ginny did.
2. Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon): HARREH DID YEH PUT YER NAEM IN DA GOBLET OF FIAH?!
1. Charlie Weasley (Alex Crockford, oh-so-very, very briefly): Wait … who?
Which five (or more.. or less) characters do YOU think the films messed up?