It’s a big day for fans of The Simpsons. A new app/website is launching today which grants you access to every single episode of The Simpsons.
“Simpsons World” is free for cable subscribers and boasts these fun features, according to a press release:
· Video content that will greet users the moment they enter the experience
· All 25 Seasons of The Simpsons and each new episode from the current season (one day after its original broadcast on FOX) will be available at users’ fingertips
· “Everything Simpsons,” a dynamic newsfeed showcasing the latest Simpsons news, social media updates, “Did You Know” fun facts, featured episode playlists and clips
· “The Simpsons Heartbeat” which organizes the complete catalogue of episodes by popularity
· A premium video player that will provide recommendations to other clips and episodes users would enjoy as well as the ability for users to share content on their social networks
· A simple, intuitive way to browse through the catalogue by season, playlist, most popular episodes and exclusive video content
· A responsive search function allowing users to find video of their favorite characters and guest stars in the entire catalogue or any of the nearly 3,000 clips
If those features aren’t enough for you, there’s more in the pipeline. In 2015 “Simpsons World” will be upgraded with features like an “advanced search” which will allow “every word of dialog from every single episode searchable so that so users can engage with the experience in new ways.”
The service opens today on SimpsonsWorld.com, as well as the FXNOW app for mobile devices, Xbox One, Xbox 360, AppleTV, and Samsung Smart TVs.
It’s an impressive project from FX, and one that will surely thrill fans of The Simpsons. We just hope people will continue to use this service in the long term. It may be difficult to launch another streaming service when there are so many others that people already use (like Netflix, where The Simpsons is not available for streaming).
The cartoon family’s syndication rights were purchased by FX earlier this year. To celebrate, FX hosted an “Every Simpsons Ever” marathon in which they streamed – you guessed it – every single episode of The Simpsons back-to-back-to-back-to-back. The marathon ran over 12 full days.
Said Simpsons creator Al Jean about Simpsons World: ““Hello ‘Simpsons World,’ goodbye free time! Seriously.”
Will you use ‘Simpsons World?’
Or are you happy with your DVDs/Blu-rays/FX/Fox viewings?