Glee Chat is back this week with a special guest from Hypable’s “Game of Owns” and “Edition” podcasts, Zack Luye! Join us as we discuss the latest episode of Oxygen’s “The Glee Project” and the hottest “Glee” news!
- Guest Zack Luye introduces himself to the Glee Chat listeners as a filmmaker, which adds a great new perspective to our analysis of this week’s music video, and the episode’s overall production.
- Jessica had another close encounter with a bird… did she get out alive?
- We begin to rehash this week’s fast paced Glee Project episode, starting off with the interesting choice for the ensemble piece. Who know “Now That We Found Love” could be so much fun?
- Nellie is once again focused on in this episode as someone who needs to come out of her shell and fell more comfortable with herself.
- Jane Lynch was the guest mentor this week; Mitch thought that she was very wise and helpful with this week’s group song winner, Lily.
- This week’s music video had an interesting setting, in that the contestants acted as members of a high school swim team, and had to wear bathing suits and all. Nellie expressed her concerns with being uncomfortable in a bathing suit a lot throughout the program.
- The song for the music video was another mashup, this time one that Glee had covered: “Hit Me With Your Best Shot/One Way Or Another”.
- Ali was determined to get the shots that they needed of her getting slushied, leaving her body in a state of shock from the extreme cold temperatures.
- Aylin laughed when getting slushied, which frustrated the mentors a lot. In the mean time, Charile was critiqued once again for his offbeat acting choices. Were their criticisms of the two contestants really justified?
- The bottom three is announced, leaving lovers Aylin and Charlie pitted against each other, along with Nellie. This episode really seemed to push the AylinXCharlie relationship!
- Aylin was amazing on Rhianna’s “Take A Bow”, but Nellie was phenomenal on Beyonce’s “If I Were A Boy”! Charlie, on the other hand, received mixed reviews from the Glee Chat co-hosts on his own rendition of “It’s Not Unusual”.
- We discuss the possibility of Ryan Murphy looking to bring on a new lead character onto Glee, especially after extremely positive comments towards Aylin’s performance.
- Charlie was eliminated, and even Mitch, who used to be a big fan of him, was ready for him to leave the show.
- News covers an Archie comic book and Glee crossover, and the tail end of Hypable’s contest to win a copy of both Chris Colfer’s new book “The Land of Stories” and a tote bag! Listen in for more details on how you can enter to win!
- The co-hosts go on various tangents, including a model that John saw on a Taco Bell advertisement that looked remarkably like him.
Looking to advertise on Glee Chat or Hypable.com? E-mail Glee Chat host John Thrasher at [email protected]
Questions or comments about Glee or Glee Chat? Leave them as a comment below this post and we may answer/read them on our next episode!