Nintendo unveiled their next video game console, the Switch, on Thursday.
Initially teased in October, Nintendo hosted a primetime event to share all the big details about the Switch. Amongst the news was the price, games, and how the controllers work
You can watch the Nintendo Switch’s unveiling below. Additional details are available further down the page.
Nintendo Switch live stream
Nintendo Switch highlights
- Nintendo Switch will be released March 3, 2017 in Japan, the United States, Canada, major European countries, Hong Kong, and other territories.
- The Switch will cost $299.99
- Battery life for on-the-go gaming is 2 1/2 hours to 6 hours
- 8 Switch systems can be connected to one another
- Switch uses USB-C to charge (meaning you can plug Switch into any computer to charge it if it’s not docked to the TV)
- Super Mario Odyssey is the latest 3D Mario game that is set in an “unknown” sandbox world. Mario has a hat with eyes. The game won’t be released until the end of 2017, so few details about the game were shared. It looks like an open world game similar to Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64, but with a variety of different worlds to explore — including one with humans.
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be released March 3, the launch date of the system. It’ll be released for Wii U the same day.
Update: Watch a few great trailers below, including one for the new Mario Kart, which is simply an updated version of Wii U’s Mario Kart 8. The new game is called Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition and includes everything from the Wii U installment plus a new battle mode, new maps, new items, and new characters. It’ll be available at the end of April: