Miley Cyrus “came in like a wrecking ball” – and took over Vevo’s most-watched music video list for 2013.
Cyrus’ second single from BANGERZ was arguably her most controversial music video ever as she swung naked on an actual wrecking ball and sexualized a sledgehammer. The odd video did the trick and gained attention on social media around the world. Even though some people call the artist crazy, you can’t deny that she’s smart and knows how to get people talking. For a more recent example of her creativity, check out her performance at the American Music Awards where she sung “Wrecking Ball” with a digital cat.
In second place was Cyrus’ first single “We Can’t Stop” which featured a hell of a lot of twerking.
Will.i.am. and Britney Spears, Rihanna, and Katy Perry rounded out the top five. The top ten videos are below.
1. “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus
2. “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus
3. “Scream and Shout” by will.i.am ft. Britney Spears
4. “Diamonds” by Rihanna
5. “Roar” by Katy Perry
6. “Just Give Me a Reason” by P!nk ft. Nate Ruess
7. “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke ft. T.I., Pharrell
8. “Stay” by Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko
9. “La La La” by Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith
10. “Kiss You” by One Direction
What was your favorite music video of 2013?
For more best-of-2013 fun, vote in Hypable’s annual “Best Of” awards. Winners will be announced at the end of the month!