Do you want to do this Harry Potter trivia? A) Yes B) Heck Yes C) YAAASS D) I’m already doing it.
It’s a good thing Harry Potter trivia nights are getting to be so popular because what else would Harry Potter fans do with the insane amount of knowledge we carry around in our heads? Now you can host your own Harry Potter trivia night with Hypable’s ultimate list of Harry Potter trivia questions.
We’ve split the Harry Potter trivia questions up into levels so everyone can play. The “Troll” level offers easy Harry Potter trivia questions for more casual fans, while the “J.K. Rowling” level is the hard level for those who have read the books so many times the pages practically have detailed fingerprints worn into them. The “Hermione” level is in the middle.
We’ve put the answers to the Harry Potter trivia questions at the bottom of the page, so you can quiz yourself as you go through. Challenge yourself, it’ll be fun! This isn’t one of those lists that’s only for people who had every Harry Potter fact laser printed onto their brains, so all Harry Potter fans should have fun with every category.
And if you need a great Harry Potter trivia team name, look no further than the link.
Enjoy our collection of easy, medium, and hard Harry Potter trivia questions!
Troll level – Easy Harry Potter Trivia
For those of you who have a just-okay hold on the series, try your hand at these easy Harry Potter trivia questions.
1. How many points do you get for catching the golden snitch in a game of Quidditch?
2. What name was Voldemort born with?
3. In what room does Harry find Ravenclaw’s diadem?
4. Name all four of the Marauders by their real names
5. What are the three types of wizard coins in order of value?
6. Which Hogwarts teaching position is cursed?
7. How many brothers did Ron Weasley have?
8. What is the name of Harry Potter’s pet owl?
9. What makes up the core of Harry Potter’s wand?
10. Which animal is on the emblem for Hufflepuff house?
11. Who is the Slytherin house ghost?
12. What spell would you cast to get rid of a Dementor?
13. Who gave Harry Potter the Marauder’s Map?
14. What Hogwarts house was Lucius Malfoy in?
15. Who were the four competitors in Goblet of Fire’s Triwizard Tournament?
16. What is the spell to disarm an opponent?
17. From what platform do students catch the Hogwarts Express?
18. What is Neville’s toad’s name?
19. What ghost inhabits the girl’s bathroom on the second floor of Hogwarts?
20. What color is the killing curse in the Harry Potter series?
21. What is Padma and Parvati’s last name?
22. What does Dumbledore tell Harry he sees in the Mirror of Erised?
23. What are the last names of Draco Malfoy’s two best friends?
24. What class does Hagrid teach at Hogwarts?
25. What is the name of the sweets shop at Hogsmeade?
26. What does Dumbledore leave Ron in his will?
27. At what store does Harry Potter get his wand?
28. Where does Dumbledore keep his memories?
29. What device did Hermione use in Prisoner of Azkaban to attend multiple classes at the same time?
30. What color is Harry’s jumper from Mrs. Weasley?
31. Who teaches Harry how to play Wizard’s chess? A) Hagrid B) Hermione C) Ron D) Dudley
32. When is Harry Potter’s birthday? A) December 31 B) June 31 C) July 31 D) August 31
33. Who teaches History of Magic at Hogwarts? A) Professor Flitwick B) Professor Sprout C) Professor Vector D) Professor Binns
34. Who was not at the Dursley’s the night Harry’s parents died? A) Albus Dumbledore B) Sirius Black C) Rubeus Hagrid D) Minerva McGonagall
35. Who said this?: “I am good looking enough for both of us.” A) Draco Malfoy B) Ron Weasley C) Ginny Weasley D) Fleur Delacour
36. Which of these spells is an Unforgivable Curse?: A) Sectumsempra B) Crucio C) Expecto Patronum D) Stupefy
37. Who said this?: “It’s Levi-o-sa, not Levio-sa.” A) Harry Potter B) Gilderoy Lockhart C) Petunia Dursley D) Hermione Granger
38. Which of the following is not a trait of Slytherin house? A) Determination B) Cunning C) Ambition D) Wit
39. Which animal does Hermione become when she takes Polyjuice Potion in Chamber of Secrets? A) A toad B) A cat C) A rat D) An owl
40. Which of these spells will summon an object to you? A) Expelliarmus B) Wingardium Leviosa C) Accio D) Lumos
41. True or False – All but one of the Weasley children are in Gryffindor
42. True or False – Hermione Granger’s parents are dentists
43. True or False – James Potter’s nickname was Prongs
44. True or False – Hagrid’s dog’s name is Fluffy
45. True or False – Vernon and Petunia Dursley aren’t Harry’s real aunt and uncle
46. True or False – In Quidditch, you score points with the Quaffle
47. True or False – The Imperius Curse allows you to control your victim’s actions
48. True or False – Draco Malfoy killed Albus Dumbledore
49. True or False – The secret training group Harry starts in Order of the Phoenix is called “Dumbledore’s Agency”
50. True or False – The Whomping Willow is located in the Forbidden Forest
Hermione level – Medium Harry Potter Trivia Questions
For those of you who know your stuff but don’t feel extremely confident, these medium-level Harry Potter trivia questions are for you. Good luck!
1. Name the two directors who directed more than one Harry Potter movie.
2. Dumbledore has a scar that’s the perfect map of what?
3. List all seven of Voldemort’s Horcruxes.
4. Who gave Harry his Firebolt broomstick?
5. What country does Charlie Weasley live in?
6. Which team won the Quidditch World Cup in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
7. What numbers would you dial to enter the Ministry of Magic from the London telephone booth?
8. What is Hermione Granger’s patronus?
9. What is Bellatrix Lestrange’s maiden name?
10. What magical creature pulls the Hogwarts carriages?
11. What does R.A.B. stand for?
12. What does Professor Umbridge make Harry write during his detention in Order of the Phoenix?
13. Harry wins a vial of what potion from Professor Slughorn?
14. What form does Neville Longbottom’s boggart take?
15. What nickname does Grawp give Hermione?
16. What do Lupin and Tonks name their son?
17. What was Voldemort’s mother’s name?
18. What is the antidote that saves Ron Weasley from being poisoned by Slughorn’s mead in Half-Blood Prince?
19. What plant traps the trio on their way to get the Philosopher’s Stone?
20. What kind of broom does Lucius Malfoy buy for the entire Slytherin Quidditch team?
21. Which Ministry department does Arthur Weasley work in?
22. Who’s wedding did Harry go to in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
23. What was the name of the goblin who took Harry to his Gringotts vault for the first time?
24. What is the address of Sirius Black’s family home?
25. How many presents did Dudley Dursley get for his 11th birthday before going to the zoo?
26. What Hogwarts house did Moaning Myrtle belong to?
27. What animal does James Potter transfigure into?
28. What are the last three words in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
29. What is the name of Hagrid’s dragon in Philosopher’s Stone?
30. Who does Draco Malfoy take to the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire?
31. What is Rita Skeeter’s animagus form?: A) A bumblebee B) A beetle C) An owl D) A cat
32. What is the first word of the Sorting Hat’s song in Philosopher’s Stone? A) You B) First C) Oh D) Once
33. Which of these actors did not portray Voldemort in the Harry Potter movies? A) Christian Coulson B) Matthew Lewis C) Ralph Fiennes D) Frank Dillane
34. Who said this?: “Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!” A) Rubeus Hagrid B) Ron Weasley C) Mad Eye Moody D) Albus Dumbledore
35. Who said this?: “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” A) Rubeus Hagrid B) Draco Malfoy C) Seamus Finnigan D) Ginny Weasley
36. Who said this: “It is the quality of one’s convictions that determines success, not the number of followers?” A) Albus Dumbledore B) Remus Lupin C) Hermione Granger D) Voldemort
37. Which of these will you not find in Fred and George’s Skiving Snackbox? A) Puking Pastille B) Coughing Candies C) Fever Fudge D) Nosebleed Nougat
38. Which of these is not one of Albus Dumbledore’s middle names? A) Wulfric B) Aurelius C) Percival D) Brian
39. How are Bellatrix Lestrange and Sirius Black related? A) Siblings B) Ex-spouses C) Cousins D) None of the above
40. What make and model of car did Harry and Ron fly to school in Chamber of Secrets? A) Chevrolet Camaro B) Pontiac Tempest C) Ford Anglia D) Volkswagen Jetta
41. True or False – Mandrake draught is used as a cure for petrification
42. True or False – Hagrid’s dad was a giant
43. True or False – Fleur Delacour’s sister’s name is Gabrielle
44. True or False – A non-magical person born to magical parents is called a muggle
45. True or False – The Sonorus charm makes a person’s ears bigger
46. True or False – Bill Weasley is a werewolf
47. True or False – Nearly Headless Nick’s full name is Nicholas de Mimsy-Paddington
48. True or False – Professor McGonagall’s animagus form is a calico cat
49. True or False – Harry slipped Felix Felicis into Ron’s drink before a Quidditch match
50. True or False – Fred and George Weasley were born on April Fool’s Day
J.K. Rowling level – Hard Harry Potter Trivia Questions
Think you’re a Wizarding World expert? We’ll see about that. Try these difficult Harry Potter trivia questions.
1. How many staircases does Hogwarts castle have?
2. Where does Vernon Dursley work?
3. What did Ginny Weasley name her Pygmy Puff?
4. Who takes the place of the Fat Lady at the entrance to the Gryffindor common room in Prisoner of Azkaban?
5. What is the Hogwarts school motto in english?
6. What was the name of the caretaker of the Riddle house in Goblet of Fire?
7. What are the names of the three Peverell brothers?
8. What do Bill and Fleur name their daughter?
9. What’s the first word of the prophecy that Sybil Trelawney made about Voldemort?
10. Besides producing the Elixir of Life, what can the Philosopher’s Stone do?
11. What condition gives Tonks the ability to transform her features?
12. Mistletoe is often infested with what magical creature?
13. Who did Hermione impersonate with Polyjuice Potion at the Ministry in Deathly Hallows?
14. How much does a ticket on the Knight Bus cost if it includes hot chocolate?
15. What is Nicholas Flamel’s wife’s name?
16. Who was teasing Moaning Myrtle before she died?
17. Was Fred or George Weasley born first?
18. Who taught Care of Magical Creatures before Hagrid?
19. What is Ollivander’s first name?
20. Where did Severus Snape grow up?
21. Who is the author of Advanced Potion Making?
22. Who was the third Minister for Magic during the course of the Harry Potter books?
23. What spell is used to conjure the Dark Mark?
24. What did the “Magic is Might” statue replace at the Ministry?
25. How many rolls of parchment was the werewolf essay that Snape assigned in Prisoner of Azkaban required to be?
26. What does N.E.W.T. stand for in reference to the 7th year Hogwarts exams?
27. Who was the Muggle Studies teacher at Hogwarts?
28. What is Aunt Marge’s dog’s name?
29. Who is the leader of the Headless Hunt?
30. What was the last name of Vernon Dursley’s visitors on Harry’s 12th birthday?
31. Which of the following is not one of Dolores Umbridge’s Educational Decrees: A) Teachers are hereby banned from giving students any information that is not strictly related to the subjects they are paid to teach B) Any student found in possession of the magazine The Quibbler will be expelled C) In effect immediately, the subject of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taught strictly on a theoretical basis D No student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs may exist without the knowledge and approval of the high Inquisitor
32. How fast can the Firebolt go from 0-150 mph? A) 10 seconds B) 14 seconds C) 8 seconds D) 15 seconds
33. Fill in the blank: “Bone of the father, ________” A) Willingly sacrificed B) Unknowingly given C) Unwillingly sacrificed D) Forcibly taken
34. What wood is Ron’s first wand made of?: A) Mahogany B) Elder C) Ash D) Maple
35. Which of the following is not an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion?: A) Wormwood B) Lacewing flies C) Knotgrass D) Fluxweed
36. Who said this?: “Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.” A) Albus Dumbledore B) Arthur Weasley C) Remus Lupin D) Kingsley Shacklebolt
37. Who said this?: “I really hate children.” A) Voldemort B) Dolores Umbridge C) Severus Snape D) Minerva McGonagall
38. Which of the following does Professor Trelawney not see in Harry’s tea leaves in Prisoner of Azkaban? A) A Cross B) A skull C) A falcon D) A club
39. Who said this?: “I assure you that if you do die, you need not hand it in.” A) Severus Snape B) Albus Dumbledore C) Dolores Umbridge D) Minerva McGonagall
40. Which dragon does Viktor Krum face in the first task of the Triwizard Tournament? A) Hungarian Horntail B) Chinese Fireball C) Swedish Short-Snout D) Common Welsh Green
41. True or False – George Weasley lost his left ear
42. True or False – Stan Shunpike was killed by Mad Eye Moody
43. True or False – The first student sorted in Philosopher’s Stone was sorted into Hufflepuff
44. True or False – Romilda Vane put love potion in chocolate frogs for Harry
45. True or False – Nymphadora Tonks was in Gryffindor
46. True or False – There are 27 Knuts to 1 Sickle
47. True or False – Harry had to stay in the Hospital Wing more than five times
48. True or False – J.K. Rowling’s last name rhymes with bowling
49. True or False – Oliver Wood played Quidditch for the Chudley Cannons after leaving Hogwarts
50. True or False – Hermione got all “Outstandings” on her O.W.L. exams
Harry Potter Trivia Answers
Troll level (Easy questions)
1. 150 2. Tom Riddle 3. The Room of Requirement 4. James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew 5. Knut, Sickle, Galleon 6. Defense Against the Dark Arts 7. Five 8. Hedwig 9. Phoenix feather 10. A badger 11. The Bloody Baron 12. Expecto Patronum 13. Fred and George Weasley 14. Slytherin 15. Harry Potter, Cedric Diggory, Viktor Krum, Fleur Delacour 16. Expelliarmus 17. Nine and three quarters 18. Trevor 19. Moaning Myrtle 20. Green 21. Patil 22. Socks 23. Crabbe and Goyle 24. Care of Magical Creatures 25. Honeydukes 26. His Deluminator 27. Ollivanders 28. A pensieve 29. A time-turner 30. Green 31. C 32. C 33. D 34. B 35. D 36. B 37. D 38. D 39. B 40. C 41. False 42. True 43. True 44. False 45. False 46. True 47. True 48. False 49. False 50. False
Hermione level (Medium questions)
1. Chris Columbus and David Yates 2. The London Underground 3. Nagini, Tom Riddle’s diary, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw’s diadem, Hufflepuff’s cup, Marvolo Gaunt’s ring, Slytherin’s locket 4. Sirius Black 5. Romania 6. Ireland 7. 6-2-4-4-2 (M-A-G-I-C) 8. An otter 9. Black 10. Thestrals 11. D Regulus Arcturus Black 12. I must not tell lies 13. Felix Felicis 14. Severus Snape 15. Hermy 16. Teddy 17. Merope Gaunt 18. A bezoar 19. Devil’s Snare 20. Nimbus 2001 21. Misuse of Muggle Artefacts 22. Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour 23. Griphook 24. 12 Grimmauld Place 25. 36 26. Ravenclaw 27. A stag 28. All was well 29. Norbert 30. Pansy Parkinson 31. B 32. C 33. B 34. D 35. D 36. B 37. B 38. B 39. C 40. C 41. True 42. False 43. True 44. False 45. False 46. False 47. False 48. False 49. False 50. True
J.K. Rowling level (Hard questions)
1. 142 2. Grunnings – A drill manufacturer 3. Arnold 4. Sir Cadogan 5. Never tickle a sleeping dragon 6. Frank Bryce 7. Antioch, Cadmus and Ignotus 8. Victoire 9. Born 10. Turn any metal into gold 11. She’s a Metamorphmagus 12. Nargles 13. Mafalda Hopkirk 14. 14 sickles 15. Perenelle 16. Olive Hornby 17. Fred 18. Silvanus Kettleburn 19. Garrick 20. Spinner’s End 21. Libatius Borage 22. Pius Thicknesse 23. Morsmordre 24. The Fountain of Magical Brethren 25. Two 26. Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test 27. Charity Burbage 28. Ripper 29. Sir Patrick 30. Mason 31. C 32. A 33. B 34. C 35. A 36. D 37. B 38. A 39. D 40. B 41. True 42. False 43. True 44. False 45. False 46. False 47. True 48. True 49. True 50. False