Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald may only be the second film of the series, but it’s left us with a lot of questions.
After seeing Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, did you leave the theater confused? Did you pour over the screenplay to make sense of what you didn’t understand the first time? Maybe you’re still left with questions that have yet to be answered in one of the next movies.
We’ve got you covered with 62 questions we have after watching both the first Fantastic Beasts film and its sequel, The Crimes of Grindelwald.
- When Dumbledore looks in the Mirror of Erised, he sees his blood oath with Grindelwald. What is his desire in this?
- How will Dumbledore break his blood oath?
- What happened to the Deathly Hallows symbol necklace Grindelwald gave Credence in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?
- When, if ever, does Grindelwald go on a journey to find the other two Deathly Hallows?
- Why did Newt get expelled from Hogwarts?
- Where did Credence get his adoption papers from?
- Are we supposed to assume Mary Lou Barebone actually kept his adoption papers in a safe place?
- Was the woman bringing Credence to America actually his aunt?
- Is this ‘aunt’ even a Dumbledore?
- Is Credence actually a Dumbledore?
- How could Grindelwald know Credence’s lineage when he didn’t know he was an Obscurial and thought him an orphaned squib?
- Is Grindelwald lying to Credence to manipulate him into killing Albus Dumbledore?
- Is Percival Graves still alive?
- Where is his living or dead body?
- Why was MACUSA renamed to American Ministry of Magic?
- Is Fawkes the phoenix at the end of Crimes of Grindelwald?
- What happened to Grindelwald’s eyes between Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Crimes of Grindelwald?
- Why does Grindelwald have to ‘answer to his crimes’ in Europe? Why can’t he answer to them in America?
- What exactly were Grindelwald’s crimes?
- Why didn’t Queenie read Grindelwald’s mind and find out his true intentions?
- Is Grindelwald blocking his mind to Queenie?
- Wouldn’t Queenie find it suspicious that she can’t read Grindelwald’s mind?
- Queenie has questioned the Wizarding World’s prejudices against muggles, so why would she join Grindelwald in suppressing them?
- If Queenie only joined Grindelwald because he said she could be with Jacob under his reign, why would she stay with Grindelwald when Jacob doesn’t want to be with her if she does?
- Was Ariana Dumbledore an Obscurial?
- If Ariana was an Obscurial, did her Obscurus die when she died?
- If Ariana’s Obscurus survived, did it end up in Credence?
- Is it because of Dumbledore and Grindelwald’s blood pact that one of their spells rebounds and hits Ariana instead?
- How could that magazine possibly confuse Leta’s fiance with Newt instead of Theseus?
- If Yusuf’s unbreakable vow was to kill Corvus, and Corvus died, why wasn’t he released from the vow?
- Is an unbreakable vow only binding if the person who made it believes they have to fulfill it?
- Why are there beasts in Crimes of Grindelwald that don’t end up in Fantastic Beasts the encyclopedia?
- Are they going to publish another new and updated version of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?
- How could Newt use a summoning charm on the Niffler when summoning charms do not work on living things?
- Why doesn’t Newt use a summoning charm on all the beasts he tries to catch?
- Yusuf says that he and Corvus are the last of their pure-blooded lines (Kama and Lestrange). Given both Corvus and Leta are dead, how is Rodolphus Lestrange ever born?
- Does that mean Corvus didn’t actually die?
- How does Grindelwald’s skull know WWII is coming?
- Will the Wizarding World have a direct influence or involvement in WWII?
- How did Leta end up with Theseus instead of Newt?
- Who was the family Grindelwald killed to use their house as his own?
- Why does it “have to be” Newt to go against Grindelwald?
- Why does Dumbledore have so much interest in Newt?
- Were the blue flames Grindelwald used as his ‘protective circle’ the same flames as in the Goblet of Fire?
- Are we ever going to meet Achilles Tolliver?
- How will Tina break up with him?
- Does Nagini join Grindelwald’s side before she turns into a snake permanently?
- Will Nagini only turn to the ‘dark side’ upon meeting Voldemort?
- What happened to Modesty Barebone?
- Why did it take Flamel so long to get to the cemetery when he knew what was about to happen?
- Why are the Thestrals that fly Grindelwald’s carriage visible?
- What’s going on with that Obscurus in Newt’s suitcase?
- Did Grindelwald transfigure a regular bird to look like a phoenix, just to further manipulate Credence?
- How does Newt decide which beasts go in his suitcase and which are in his apartment?
- Who’s running Jacob’s bakery?
- How long has Bunty been Newt’s assistant?
- Will she become more than a woman who’s thirsting for Newt?
- Are Jacob and Queenie going to get back together and get married?
- Will Dumbledore want to break the blood pact? Does he have the heart to kill Grindelwald himself?
- Did Dumbledore know that Leta accidentally killed her brother?
- What did Tina do in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them that got her fired from being an Auror?
- When will Dumbledore level-up his fashion choices?
What questions do you still have after watching ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’?
Mindhunter season 2 continues the story of the FBI’s creation of their behavioral unit, but how does it fare compared to season 1?
Prepare yourselves to re-enter The Matrix because a fourth installment of the popular film franchise is officially in the works.
Taylor Swift’s Lover is almost here. Here’s everything we know about the album, so far.
The Tom Holland-led Spider-Man series will continue on, but not with Disney or Marvel’s Kevin Feige.
All good things come to an end, and on August 18th, the NYC production of Puffs left their common room near the kitchens for good. We were there to report back on a night full of feelings – J-Finch approved!
With Hobbs and Shaw officially a success, it’s time for the Fast and Furious franchise to consider other spinoff films to keep the franchise going in perpetuity.
Why was the cure necessary if Cisco is just sticking around for another season?
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus is as hilarious, absurd and maniacal as ever — but with a surprising amount of heart, too.
Iphigenia Murphy by Sara Hosey is bound to be one of 2020’s best contemporary YA books, and we’ve got your first look at its vibrant cover and an exclusive excerpt!
With The Witcher 3 Switch release date’s announcement, we can all put any doubts we have to rest that the epic CD Projekt title is coming to the home console/portable hybrid console.