The season 24 cast of Dancing with the Stars has been revealed!
The twelve stars who will be dancing for a coveted Mirrorball Trophy are as follows:
- Pro bull rider Bonner Bolton, with Sharna Burgess
- SNL comedian Chris Kattan, with Witney Carson
- Baseball player David Ross, with Lindsay Arnold
- Real Housewife Erika Jayne, with Gleb Savchenko
- Gleestar Heather Morris, with Maks Chmerkovskiy
- Actor Mr. T, with Kym Johnson
- Olympic skater Nancy Kerrigan, with Artem Chigvintsev
- Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei, with Val Chmerkovskiy
- Football player Rashad Jennings, with Emma Slater
- Olympic gymnast Simone Biles, with Sasha Farber
- Bachelor Nick Viall, with Peta Murgatroyd
- Spanish-American entertainer Charo, with Keo Motsepe
Several things jump out from the list, and chief among them is the level of athleticism and dance experience contained in the cast. Heather Morris, Charo, and arguably Normani Kordei all dance for a living. And in seasons past (like last season), we’ve seen how well Olympic gymnasts and ice skaters do. In the absence of professionals Derek and Mark getting all the ringers, we may get to see some newer pro dancers show us what they can do, like Sasha, Artem, and Keo.
Glancing at the list, we’d put our money on either Simone Biles creating a streak of Final Five members winning DWTS, or on Normani giving Val back-to-back wins. Heather Morris would have been our pick if she were paired with any other pro, but we’ve little doubt Maks will manage to screw this up.
The male celebrities are harder to predict. Sharna got a completely unknown athlete in Bonner Bolton, and we’re sure everyone is hoping for a repeat of last season, when Sharna took an unknown athlete and surprised us all by making him the best male celebrity dancer to ever grace the ballroom. Sharna is the most overdue for a win, and that has been a factor before in snatching victory from an Olympic gymnast (season 15).
We are thrilled to see Kym Johnson making a return to the ballroom after a three-season absence. True, she’s being paired with a 64-year-old actor, but at least we’ll get to enjoy her bubbly personality for a few weeks.
DWTS returns on Monday, March 24, which will also be their 400th episode. We won’t be recapping it weekly like before, but there will still be plenty of discussion about the show in the coming weeks.
What do you think of the DWTS cast for next season? Who are your early picks for frontrunners?