Disney Parks hosted a presentation at Disney’s D23 Expo to share lots of major news about their theme parks around the world!
Here are the highlights from their presentation on Saturday night in Anaheim, California. If you want to read the live-action and animated movie news that came out of D23, visit this article!
The Disney Parks announcements follow.
- New Marvel attractions are coming to Disneyland’s California Adventure Park. Details are very scarce, but we know the Avengers and Spider-Man will be launching their own attractions near the Guardians of the Galaxy‘s recently opened “Mission: BREAKOUT!” attraction (which replaced the Tower of Terror).
- Toy Story Land is set to open at Disney World’s Hollywood Studios in summer 2018.
- A new mode of transportation is coming to Walt Disney World. The Disney Skyliner will “offer a birdseye view of the Resort and connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts and other locations with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot.”
- Speaking of getting around… Disney World has announced their own Uber-like service themed around Minnie Mouse. Like Uber, the cars will offer point-to-point transportation.
- A Star Wars hotel is coming to Walt Disney World. They’re billing the hotel as a “100% immersive” experience — you’ll even have costumes to wear during your stay. Honestly? The rooms don’t look comfortable, but we’ll wait to hear more information about this major project before passing any judgement.
- A hotel filled with Marvel art is coming to Disneyland Paris. It’s called “Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel” and will “make Tony Stark proud.”
- The popular Tron rollercoaster at Shanghai Disneyland is coming to the Magic Kingdom in Florida. It’ll be built right next to Space Mountain.
- A new Ratatouille ride will be coming to a new area of EPCOT’s France. Similar to an attraction already at Disneyland Paris, “guests will be able to shrink to Remy’s size and scurry to safety in a dazzling chase across a kitchen with the sights, sounds and smells of Gusteau’s legendary Parisian restaurant.” In addition, a new Guardians of the Galaxy ride will be replacing Ellen’s Energy Adventure in Future World. Ellen will be closing in August.
- A new ride centered entirely on Mickey Mouse will be coming to Hollywood Studios. It’ll have an original song and more Hidden Mickeys than any other attraction at Disney Parks. It’s the first time Mickey is getting his own ride! (About time… right?)
- The official name for the Star Wars Lands at Disneyland and Hollywood Studios is “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.” The Disneyland one opens first in 2019.
Most of these projects do not have specific opening dates yet, so stay tuned for more information!