Some of your favorite Disney movies, including the live action classic Enchanted, are still not on Disney+. But you can still find most of them elsewhere! Last updated January 15, 2020.
Disney has officially joined the streaming game with their own platform, Disney+ (also known as Disney plus). It’s an exciting time for hardcore Disney fans, as well as Star Wars and Marvel fans. All of your favorite movies are finally available in one place. At least, that’s what Disney originally boasted.
It turns out that while Disney+ does have a huge amount of content on the platform (including tens of thousands of television episodes and hundreds of movies), it doesn’t have all of your favorites. At least, it doesn’t have them yet. Many popular films aren’t on there, so if you’re looking for Enchanted on Disney Plus you won’t find it.
Many old and new favorites are currently licensed under other streaming platforms like Netflix and Starz. Unfortunately, Disney Plus is going to have to wait for those contracts to expire before they can be added to their own platform.
For your convenience, here are the Disney movies you will not find on Disney+, sorted by where you will find them in the United States. Movies are in alphabetical order.
Of course, if you want to watch any of these and can’t be bothered with adding another streaming app, they’re all available for rent — at a one-time cost — from Apple, Google, Amazon, etc.
We are also sharing the date that these movies will be released on Disney Plus, if a date is known. The date is in parenthesis after the film’s title.
Disney movies on Netflix
If the Disney movie you’re looking for isn’t on Disney Plus, there’s a good chance Netflix is currently holding it hostage. Of particular note are two Star Wars films that are preventing the new streaming service from having the whole collection.
- Expedition China
- Ghost of the Mountains
- Growing Up Wild
Disney movies on Starz
In the event you couldn’t find the film you’re looking for on Netflix, it’s probably listed in the Starz collection.
- The Lone Ranger (Available April 30, 2021)
- Mars Needs Moms
- McFarland, USA
- The Odd Life of Timothy Green
- Old Dogs
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Disney movies on Cinemax
Cinemax may not have many Disney movies, but they did manage to get ahold of this classic.
- Cool Runnings
Disney movies for purchase
Apart from the second Maleficent film (which simply has not been released anywhere yet), the rest of these films are a mix of old and new movies that are not being streamed anywhere.
Most of the Marvel movies are on the new streaming service, but there are some notable absences. The Spider-Man films and The Incredible Hulk are distributed under different companies, while the other four are still licensed to Netflix for the time being.
A handful of these are expected to be released on Disney Plus by the end of 2020. Known dates are listed below.
‘Enchanted’ on Disney+
How can you watch movies like Enchanted before then? You’ll have to do it the old fashion way: Buy a digital or physical copy via iTunes, Google, Amazon, etc.
Hopefully Enchanted will finally arrive on Disney Plus when the sequel, Disenchanted, hits the platform. In late 2020, Disney officially confirmed that an Enchanted sequel was in the works and will find Amy Adams reprising her role. The movie does not yet have a release date.
- Air Bud
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Available November 5, 2020)
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) (Available October 1, 2020)
- Angels in the Outfield
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- The Jungle Book (2016) (Available May 30, 2021)
- Maleficent (Available October 1, 2020)
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Million Dollar Arm
- Oz the Great and Powerful
- Planes (Available November 5, 2020)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Available December 2, 2020)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Tomorrowland (Available September 1, 2021)
- Toy Story 4 (Available February 5, 2020)
- Wings of Life
Recently moved to Disney+
The following titled have recently been released from their streaming contracts and have finally joined the rest of the content on Disney Plus. You might not have been able to watch these on Disney Plus previously, but they’re available now!
- Black Panther (Available March 4, 2020)
- A Wrinkle in Time (Available March 25, 2020)
- Frankenweenie (Available April 1, 2020)
- National Treasure (Available April 30, 2020)
- George of the Jungle (Available May 1, 2020)
- Homeward Bound (Available May 1, 2020)
- John Carter (Available May 2, 2020)
- Tarzan (Available June 23, 2020)
- Avengers: Infinity War (Available June 25, 2020)
- The Big Green (Available July 1, 2020)
- The Mighty Ducks (Available July 1, 2020)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Available July 9, 2020)
- Ant-Man and The Wasp (Available July 29, 2020)
- Incredibles 2 (Available July 30, 2020)
- Cinderella (2015) (Available September 1, 2020)
- Christopher Robin (Available September 5, 2020)
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (Available October 30, 2020)
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (Available November 28, 2020)
- Into the Woods (Available November 28, 2020)
- Ralph Breaks the Internet (Available December 11, 2020)
- Mary Poppins Returns (Available January 9, 2021)
You can sign up for Disney Plus to get original content as well as content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic!