The editors at Amazon have compiled a list of the best teen books of 2012. They also ask John Green his favorite books of the year. Check out the list below and tell us if you agree!
Best Teen Books of the Year:
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Every Day by David Levithan
- Son by Lois Lowry
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Shadown and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Grave Mercy: His Fair Assassin, Book I by R. L. LaFevers
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
- The Kill Order by James Dashner
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Reached by Ally Condie
- Dodger by Terry Pratchett
- For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
According to John Green, his favorite book of the year was Katherine Boo’s Behind the Beautiful Forevers, the story of several families in a Mumbai slum. It’s a thrilling page-turner that also captures the complex results of globalization and the spread of industrial capitalism.
To see the other books John picked as his favorites check out the Amazon editor’s blog, Omnivoracious.
On a slightly different note, John Green and Stephen Chbosky shared some tweets about The Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Fault in Our Stars.
@realjohngreenCongratulations, John.Richly deserved.
Article Continues Below
— Stephen Chbosky (@StephenChbosky) November 13, 2012
@stephenchbosky Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. Love the movie. Best film about adolescence in decades.
— John Green (@realjohngreen) November 13, 2012