Natalie and Karen are joined by Hypable’s Danielle Zimmerman to discuss Teen Wolf season 4 episode 3, “Muted.”
Featured Song: “Dibby Dibby Sound” by DJ Fresh VS Jay Fay
– We introduce our first guest host for season 4 – Danielle!
– You may remember her from such podcast experiences as Indy PopCon.
– This week, on Teen Wolf, lacrosse is really, really back. In a big way. It’s so back.
– Natalie’s got a pretty important new crossover ship that she needs some help with.
– What’s gonna happen to Sean’s blood-covered cat? We have an idea.
– Just get a freaking job, Peter.
– We return to a semblance of normalcy at Beacon Hills High School.
– We meet new characters Garrett and Liam – what do we think of them so far?
– We know how important Liam is to Scott – we theorize about how that’s gonna go down in future episodes.
– We also meet Liam’s lovely step-dad! Will he find out about the supernatural?
– Was the muted man feeding himself through a neck tube? Downloading information? What? Ew.
– “So… back to lacrosse.”
– Kira and lacrosse – we discuss the real-life scenarios of mixed boys and girls sports teams. It’s feasible!
– We still love the Yukimura family home life – don’t move away!
– We explain the whole Braeden putting on her clothes thing. No, she and Derek didn’t hook up… yet.
– Why is Derek so hung up about the eye thing? Isn’t it a good thing?
– Will we ever hear current-Derek talk about Paige or his past?
– Kira and Scott sort themselves out and do some kissing: yay or nay?
– NEW SHIP ALERT – Lydia/Parrish TRU LUV 4EVA.
– The couple that discovers murder basements together, stays together.
– The screaming faces in the wood grain return. What even is this?
– Malia and Stiles – we’re starting to see how they fit. It was always going to be a hard sell, but it’s working nicely so far.
– Lydia thinks she’s writing math notes but she’s actually writing mute code.
– Will her distorted reality ever become (more) dangerous?
– So, Sean eats people.
– We talk about our different encounters with wendigo mythology and what the appearance of one in Teen Wolf means for the range of creatures on the show.
– We don’t quite hate the muted man? He might not be a villain, exactly.
– The wendigo plays a big part in the end result of Scott biting Liam at the hospital. What did we think of the moment of turning?
– We think the mute is working off a supernatural hit list – if so, why did he kill Sean and leave Scott?
– We read out a fantastic letter from a listener of ours who’s a teacher, addressing the sad reality of unsocialized children in school. Malia’s situation is awful, but more realistic than you’d think.
– Next week’s episode, we meet The Benefactor. So far we’re all agreed on one thing: he has nice shoes.
– Brook prepared an great article on how TV ratings work and how they affect Teen Wolf.
– We turn the reins of non sequitur over to Danielle this week!
Hit the comments to give us feedback and suggestions for the show! And as always, please follow us or hit us up:
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at email@example.com
This episode's hosts: Natalie and Karen, with special guest Danielle
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.