Hype Podcast tackles the Game of Thrones season 7 finale, the Taylor Swift single, the latest TV and movie news including Ed Skrein’s casting choice and the all-female Lord of the Flies, and much more!
Selina and Pam are back for another week of exciting/maddening/confusing/intriguing pop culture news stories!
If you like what you hear, consider supporting Hype Podcast on Patreon for even more pop culture content and special features! This week, we’re celebrating Gossip Girl’s 10-year anniversary with a retrospective discussion. Thanks to everyone who’s supported us so far!
How We Hype:
– Selina read The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
– Pam has thoughts about the VMAs.
– Look what you made us do, Taylor Swift
– The WB greenlights all-female Lord of the Flies
– Ed Skrein leaves Hellboy because of whitewashing concerns
– The Hate U Give adaptation adds Issa Rae and Sabrina Carpenter
– NBC has officially pulled the plug on the Xena reboot, :(
– ABC is working on a Jessica Jones-esque Marvel series
– The 100 season 5 adds Ivana Milicevic
– Terry Pratchett’s unfinished works have been destroyed.
TV Show of the Week:
– Pam is excited for The Bold Type season finale, and really hopes it gets renewed for season 2
– We discuss the final episode of Game of Thrones season 7, devoting some extra time to talk about ALL the major plot developments!
And don’t forget to check out a Hype Exclusive: At SDCC, Pam interviewed Lindsey Stirling about her first comic book!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected]