This week on Hype Podcast Selina is off on vacation, but Pam is here to break down the latest news in entertainment with a little help from our very own Hype listeners!
Check out what they talked about in the show notes below!
– Pam kicks things off by explaining the show’s format and gives our first listener a call. Meg tells us how she’s been hyping and recommends the book The Miseducation of Cameron Post and our new favorite summer show, The Bold Type. Meanwhile Pam’s been listening to YouTuber Dodie Clark’s latest EP, You.
– In our weekly news segment, Pam recruits Laura, Chad and Ash to help pick this week’s topics.
– The first teaser for American Horror Story’s election themed season is out now, but is it too soon to put a dark twist on the subject matter?
– David Tennant and Guy Pearce have officially joined the cast of the upcoming period drama, Mary, Queen of Scots.
– In reboot news, ABC is officially working on a live action version of The Jetsons.
– WB is officially moving forward with an origin story about The Joker, but it won’t be starring Jared Leto. Chad and Pam do some fantasy casting and suggest a few actors they’d like to see take on the role of the Clown Prince of Crime
– Stranger Things fans rejoice! The hit Netflix series is officially getting a third season!
– Amy Poehler is teaming up with a few Simpsons vets to create a new animated adult comedy.
– Taylor Swift is back, and Ash and Pam don’t waste the opportunity to take a deep dive into the new narrative she’s assuming!
– Ash also joins Pam for TV Show of the Week where they talk about the latest episode for Game of Thrones [WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILERS for season 7! Don’t listen if you’re not caught up!]
Thank you so much to Meg, Laura, Chad, and Ash for coming on the show this week to help fill in for Selina! We loved getting to incorporate some of you into the fabric of the show this week, so let us know if you liked this format and we might do it again sometime in the future!
As always we wrap up with Listener Feedback. Share your thoughts on anything we talked about by leaving a comment on this post, tweeting us @hypablehype, and/or emailing [email protected]
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected]