19 amazing gifts Benedict Cumberbatch gave us in 2013, or, why 2013 was the year of the Cumberbatch.
He was involved in two new huge franchises, as seen in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Star Trek Into Darkness. He voiced Alan Rickman and the Prime Minister on The Simpsons. He starred in the critically acclaimed (August: Osage County and 12 Years a Slave) and the controversial (The Fifth Estate).
Benedict Cumberbatch has been on top of the world in 2013. Here are just 19 of the wonderful gifts he gave us this year.
1. When even he couldn’t get Siri to work, proving that he is just like the rest of us
2. His re-enactment (with monkeys) of how Sherlock survived the fall
3. When Evangeline Lilly called him “fit” and he was adorable in reply
4. When he gave the most perfect response to a question ever and caused an internet meltdown (and probably mountains of fanart)
5. He gave a dramatic reading of ‘Genius’ by R. Kelly, and the internet simultaneously swooned/exploded
6. The moment in the ‘Sherlock’ season 3 trailer when he suggested jumping out of a cake
7. When he became his alterego, Benedict Cumbersass, during his Reddit ‘Ask Me Anything’
8. He showed us his amazing Chewbacca impression (just look at that face)
9. He (rightfully) got annoyed that people were ignoring half of his work on ‘The Hobbit’
10. Not to mention, when he showed us exactly what that motion capture work looked like
On page 2: Nine more amazing gifts from Benedict Cumberbatch in 2013
Edited by Karen Rought
Pages: 1 2
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.