Though reports earlier this month indicated that Destiny’s Child would reunite during Beyonce’s Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday, group member Michelle Williams has now denied those claims.
“That’s not confirmed. It is rumoured. I’m gonna be in the musical Fela!,” she told WRUG in England, reports CapitalFM.com. “I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it’s not true.”
It’s possible that Williams is denying the reports to increase the level of surprise when viewers tune in for Beyonce this Sunday. The timing of a reunion is right, considering Destiny’s Child is set to release a new best-of compilation Love Songs tomorrow, January 29, which includes a new single titled “Nuclear.” You can listen to the new Destiny’s Child song for free.
Late last week the alleged Beyonce Super Bowl halftime show set list leaked to Us Weekly, though considering it was the one to report on the Destiny’s Child reunion rumors in the first place, we’re now wondering if the set list is legitimate at all.
You can pre-order Love Songs here on Amazon, and be sure to check out the track list below…
- “Cater 2 U” from 2004′s Destiny Fulfilled
- “Killing Time” from 1998′s Destiny’s Child
- “Second Nature” from Destiny’s Child
- “Heaven” from 2002′s Simply Deep
- “Now That She’s Gone” from 1999′s The Writing’s On The Wall
- “Brown Eyes” from 2001′s Survivor
- “If” from Destiny Fulfilled
- “Emotion” from Survivor
- “If You Leave” (featuring Next) from The Writing’s On The Wall
- “TShirt” from Destiny Fulfilled
- “Temptation” from The Writing’s On The Wall
- “Say My Name” (Timbaland remix) from 2002′s This Is The Remix
- “Love” from Destiny Fulfilled
- “Nuclear” from 2013′s Love Songs
Will or won’t Destiny’s Child reunite at the Super Bowl on Sunday?
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.