Today, Fox formally announced the addition of Mario Lopez and Khloé Kardashian as hosts of The X Factor. The duo spoke about their new roles for the first time, and judge Simon Cowell was very upbeat about the announcement.
“The worst kept secret in Hollywood is out,” said Cowell. “Mario and Khloé are our hosts. They will debut on our first live show in November and I couldn’t be happier.”
“I’m so thrilled to become a part of the X Factor family,” said Kardashian. “I’ve been a big fan of the show and look forward to working with Simon and all of the judges. It’s going to be so much fun!”
“I’m very excited to be joining the X Factor team,” said Lopez. “I love the show, and I’ve been a big fan of Simon Cowell and the judges for a long time. Khloé and I have been friends for years and I know we’ll be a great team and have a blast.”
Tomorrow (Wednesday), the judges will reveal the four acts in each of the four categories: Teens, Young Adults, Groups, and Over 25s. The X Factor live episodes begin Thursday, November 1.
Deals for Lopez and Kardashian were signed earlier this month amongst weeks of rumors.