In Hype Podcast‘s first ever Hype Special, we’re joined by Donya and Jimmy of Hero Hype fame (!) to talk about the biggest movie of the year so far: Avengers: Age of Ultron! There WILL be spoilers, so proceed with caution.
Tweet us your thoughts on the movie (and the podcast) @HypableHYPE!
– In the spoiler-free portion, we discuss our experiences at the cinema and overall reactions
– One host loved it, another absolutely hated it!
– “A masterpiece of whimsy” versus “no emotional resonance whatsoever”? #CivilWar
– Enthusiastic audiences make it all better: Selina sat next to an amazing shipper fanboy
– We determine the best time to take a bathroom break
– Was Age of Ultron designed to highlight the characters who don’t have standalone movies?
– So… let’s talk about Black Widow. They literally put her in a cage!
– Did we really need a romance storyline?
– Did Joss Whedon turn The Hulk into Angel?
– Scarlet Witch dance party! Best character in the movie?
– Jimmy reveals the REAL reason Quicksilver’s arc ended the way it did…
– The Hawkeye bait-and-switch: was it too obvious?
– James Spader makes everything better… even Ultron, who clearly missed the memo on vibranium
– How does Age of Ultron measure up to the other Marvel movies?
– “Shut up, Robin!”
– Tom Hiddleston would have made everything better
– Where the hell was Bucky?!
– Anthony Mackie, just so happy to be there
– How does Age of Ultron fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe – if at all?
– Who’s our favorite Avenger?
And there you have it! Tell us what YOU thought about Avengers: Age of Ultron in the comments or on Twitter @HypableHYPE, and let us know what other TV shows/movies/books etc you’d like us to do Specials on!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast