The Talks of Camelot crew is back this week, continuing their Merlin Rewatch series with a rehash of 01×02: Valiant!
- Merlin news round up this week is pretty much the Colin Morgan Show but no one’s complaining!
- The hosts react to Colin’s well deserved win at this year’s NTA’s
- MORE movie rumor news? The hosts are not amused.
- Jess leads us through our rehash of 01×02: Valiant
- Valiant is discussed in length as a villain and as a character
- What is his true motive in the episode? Why was his character not fleshed out? We try and fill in all the blanks we weren’t given.
- Arthur’s still very much a prat but his heart of gold is shining through!
- All the relationship dynamics are discussed in retrospective:
- is Uther too hard on Arthur?
- How has the Gaius and Merlin dynamic changed through the duration of the series?
- Merlin/Gwen and Arthur/Morgana…how do we feel about these implied pairings?
- Pam leads us through a short discussion comparing BBC’s Valiant to the Valiant of Arthurian Legend
- Patricia highlights some of our favorite quotes and moments from 01×02, including one VERY iconic piece of dialogue!
Be sure to send in your feedback on this week’s episode whether it be a response to something we said or a theory you might have about Merlin– we LOVE getting listener feedback and include a lot of YOUR thoughts, theories, and questions on our show!
This episode's hosts: Pamela Gocobachi, Jessica Chapman, Patricia Spence