The Talks of Camelot crew is back this week, continuing their Merlin Rewatch series with a rehash of 01×02: Valiant!
- Merlin news round up this week is pretty much the Colin Morgan Show but no one’s complaining!
- The hosts react to Colin’s well deserved win at this year’s NTA’s
- MORE movie rumor news? The hosts are not amused.
- Jess leads us through our rehash of 01×02: Valiant
- Valiant is discussed in length as a villain and as a character
- What is his true motive in the episode? Why was his character not fleshed out? We try and fill in all the blanks we weren’t given.
- Arthur’s still very much a prat but his heart of gold is shining through!
- All the relationship dynamics are discussed in retrospective:
- is Uther too hard on Arthur?
- How has the Gaius and Merlin dynamic changed through the duration of the series?
- Merlin/Gwen and Arthur/Morgana…how do we feel about these implied pairings?
- Pam leads us through a short discussion comparing BBC’s Valiant to the Valiant of Arthurian Legend
- Patricia highlights some of our favorite quotes and moments from 01×02, including one VERY iconic piece of dialogue!
Be sure to send in your feedback on this week’s episode whether it be a response to something we said or a theory you might have about Merlin– we LOVE getting listener feedback and include a lot of YOUR thoughts, theories, and questions on our show!
This episode's hosts: Pamela Gocobachi, Jessica Chapman, Patricia Spence
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.