The Walking Dead may be on hiatus until February, but it’s not out of our minds. Here’s a look at our favorite Rick Grimes quotes while we bide the time.
From waking up from coma in an abandoned hospital, to finding his family only to loose two people very close to him, Rick Grimes may have gone through more than other character on The Walking Dead. Though he’s always trying to do the right thing, and keep all those around him safe, the massive responsibility is sometimes almost too much for him to handle.
Going into season 7 we’ve seen how he’s had to deal with the biggest, and most unpredictable threat yet, Negan. He’s already lost some of his close friends, had to deal with Daryl being taken prisoner, and came close to losing his son. When the series returns fans will see how he plans his resistance against the Saviors and handles the possibility of losing even more friends.
‘The Walking Dead’ Rick Grimes quotes:
- Shane: So how’s it with Lori, man?
Rick: She’s good. She’s good at turning off lights. Really good. I’m the one who sometimes forgets.
Shane: Not what I meant.
–1×01 “Days Gone By”
- Rick: What he would or wouldn’t do doesn’t interest me: I can’t let a man die of thirst, me: thirst, and exposure. We left him like an animal caught in a trap, that’s no way for anything to die, let alone a human being.
–1×03 “Tell It to The Frogs”
- Jenner: You do want this. Last night you said you knew it was just a matter of time before everybody you loved was dead.
Shane: What? You really said that? After all your big talk?
Rick: I had to keep hope alive, didn’t I?
Jenner: There is no hope. There never was.
Rick: There’s always hope. Maybe it won’t you, maybe not be here. But somebody somewhere…
- Rick: Why’d I let him come with us? I should’ve sent him with Lori.
Shane: You know, you start that, you never get that monkey off your back.
Rick: Little girl goes missing, you look for her. Simple.
- Rick: Last time I asked God for a favor and stopped to admire a view, my son got shot. I try not to mix it up with the almighty anymore. Best we stay out of each other’s way.
Hershel: Lori told me your story. How you were shot, the coma. Yet you came out of it somehow. You did not feel God’s hand in yours?
Rick: At that moment? No, I did not.
Hershel: In all the chaos, you found your wife and boy. Then he was shot and he survived. That tells you nothing?
Rick: It tells me God’s got a strange sense of humor.
–2×04 “Cherokee Rose”
- Rick: Well, I mean to. Those people look to me for answers. I wish they didn’t, but they do. But I’m not asking for them or myself. I’m asking for my boy. After the price your friend Otis paid, the least you can do is give it some thought.
Hershel: You’re a plainspoken man.
Rick: I’m a father. He’s the one thing I don’t want to fail. I feel like I do every day.
–2×04 “Cherokee Rose”
- Rick: You and I have our differences with the way we look at the Walkers. Those people they may be dead, they may be alive. But my people, us, we are alive right now, right here, right in front of you. You send us out there and that could change.
Hershel: I’ve given you safe harbor. My conscience is clear.
Rick: This farm, This farm is special. You’ve been shielded from what’s been going on out there. Dale said you saw everything happen on the news. Well, it’s been, It’s been a long time since the cameras stopped rolling. The first time I saw a Walker it was just half a body snapping at me from the ground. My inclination wasn’t to kill it. But what the world is out there isn’t what you saw on TV. It is much, much worse and it changes you. Either into one of them, or something a lot less than the person you were. Please do not, do not send us out there again.
–2×07 “Pretty Much Dead Already”
- Rick: Dale could, could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn’t afraid to say what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honest is rare and brave. Whenever I’d make a decision, I’d look at Dale. He’d be looking back at me with that look he had. We’ve all seen it one time or another. I couldn’t always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us the truth who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives, our safety, our future. We’re not broken. We’re gonna prove him wrong. From now on we’re gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale.
–2×12 “Better Angels”
- Rick: Maybe you people are better off without me. Go ahead. I say there’s a place for us, but maybe it’s just another pipe dream, maybe I’m fooling myself again. Why don’t you go find out yourself? Send me a postcard! Go on, there’s the door. You can do better, let’s see how far you get. No takers? Fine, but get one thing straight. If you’re staying, this isn’t a democracy anymore.
–2×13 “Beside the Dying Fire”
- The Governor: I told you, I’m their leader.
Rick: You’re the town drunk who knocked over my fence and ripped up my yard, nothing more.
The Governor: Didn’t you ever misjudge someone? Hmm? Andrea told me about your baby. That it might be your partner’s. But you’re caring for her and I admire that. Restitution for your own lack of insight. For failing to see the devil beside you.
Rick: Oh, I see him, all right.
–3×13 “Arrow on the Doorstep”
- Rick: What I said last year, that first night after the farm it can’t be like that. It can’t. What we do, what we’re willing to do, who we are it’s not my call. It can’t be. I couldn’t sacrifice one of us for the greater good because… because we are the greater good. We’re the reason we’re still here, not me. This is life and death. How you live, how you die it isn’t up to me. I’m not your governor. We choose to go, we choose to stay, we stick together.
–3×15 “This Sorrowful Life”
- Rick: Wasn’t much use without my gun.
Daryl: No, you were. All this time you’ve taking off, you earned it. We wouldn’t be here without you.
Rick: It was all of us.
Daryl: No, it was you first. You gonna help us figure this out?
Rick: I screwed up too many times. Those calls you gotta make, I start down that road. I almost lost my boy who he was. Whatever else this place needs, I’m here for it.
Daryl: Like I said, you earned it. But for what it’s worth, you see mistakes. I see when the shit hits, you’re standing there with a shovel.
- Rick: You, you in the ponytails. Is this what you want? Is this what any one of you want?
Mitch: What we want is what you got, period. Time for you to leave, asshole.
Rick: Look, I’ve fought him before. And after, we took in his old friends. They’ve become leaders in what we have here. Now you put down your weapons, walk through those gates you’re one of us. We let go of all of it, and nobody dies. Everyone who’s alive right now. Everyone’s who’s made it this far. We’ve all done the worst kinds of things just to stay alive. But we can still come back. We’re not too far gone. We get to come back. I know we all can change.
The Governor: Liar.
–4×08 “Too Far Gone”
- Rick: I know we’ll never get things back to the way they used to be. I would’ve clung to that for you, for Judith, but now she’s gone. And you, you’re a man now Carl.
- Rick: They’re gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out.
Abraham: Find out what?
Rick: They’re screwing with the wrong people.
- Daryl: I didn’t know what they could do…
Rick: It’s not on you, Daryl. Hey, It’s not on you. You being back with us here, now, that’s everything. You’re my brother.
- Rick: You are not safe. No matter how many people are around, or how clear the area looks, no matter what anyone says, no matter what you think, you are not safe. It only takes one second, one second and it’s over. Never let your guard down, ever. I want you to promise me.
Carl: I promise.
- Rick: I sent you away to this…
Carol: You said I could survive, you were right.
Rick: I sent you away to this and now we’re joining you. Will you have us?
- Rick: You didn’t think it would still be here?
Glenn: Did you?
Rick: After it happened, right after with Beth in the hospital, I saw that woman Dawn. She didn’t mean to do it. I knew it, I saw it. But I wanted to kill her. I remember I just wondered if it even mattered, one way or another. Didn’t have a thing to do with Beth. I don’t know if I thought it would still be here. But Beth wanted to get him here. She wanted to get him back home. This was for her and it could have been for us, too.
–5×09 “What Happened and What’s Going on”
- Rick: Just because we’re good people doesn’t mean we won’t kill you. If the five of them aren’t back in an hour I’ll put a knife in the face of your skull.
–5×11 “The Distance”
- Carol: We get comfortable here, we let our guard down, this place is gonna make us weak.
Rick: Carl said that. But it’s not gonna happen. We won’t get weak, that’s not in us anymore. We’ll make it work. And if they can’t make it then we’ll just take this place.
- Rick: Because it’s all about survival now at any cost. People out there are always looking for an angle. Looking to play on your weakness. They measure you by what they can take from you. By how they can use you to live. So bringing people into a place like this now…
Deanna: Are you telling me not to bring your people in? Are you already looking after this place? Aaron says I can trust you.
Rick: Aaron doesn’t know me. I’ve killed people. I don’t even know how many by now. But I know why they’re all dead. They’re dead so my family, all those people out there, can be alive. So I could be alive for them.
Deanna: Sounds like I’d want to be part of your family.
- Rick: We need to do it sooner or later. Right now they’re not watching us. Not worrying about meetings like this. We may need the guns, we may not.
Carol: We will whatever way it goes.
Rick: They’re the luckiest damn people I ever met and they just keep getting luckier.
Daryl: How’s that?
Rick: We’re here now.
- Rick: The ones out there, the living and the dead, they’ll try to get in here. ‘Cause we’re in here. They’ll hunt us, they’ll find us, they’ll try to use us, they’ll kill us. But we’ll kill them, we’ll survive, I’ll show you how.
Rick: You know, I was thinking, how many of you do I have to kill to save your lives? But I’m not going to do that, you’re going to change.
- Rick: Look, I know you’re scared. You haven’t seen anything like this. You haven’t been through anything like this. But we’re safe for now. The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way, the wall’s gonna hold together. Can you?
- Rick: It is pretty stupid of us to go out there, isn’t it?
Daryl: Yep. Do it again tomorrow?
–6×10 “The Next World”
- Rick: Look, I was gonna tell you about me and Michonne, but it just happened. It ‘just’ happened. Last night. This is – This is different.
Carl: It’s cool.
–6×11 “Knots Untie”
- Rick: We can work with the Hilltop. Maggie hammered out a deal. We’re getting food, Eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they’re not just giving it away. These Saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, and Abraham on the road. Now, sooner or later, they would’ve found us, just like those Wolves did, just like Jesus did. They would’ve killed someone or some of us. And then they will try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then, in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. And we have to win. We do this for the Hilltop, it’s how we keep this place. It’s how we feed this place. This needs to be a group decision. If anybody objects, here’s your chance to say your peace.
–6×12 “Not Tomorrow Yet”
- Morgan: So, you out here because Carol is your friend?
Rick: I’m out here ’cause she’s my family.
- Rick: I’m proud of her.
Morgan: How’s that?
Rick: She took four of them down. That woman, she’s a freak of nature.
Morgan: She left because she can’t anymore, that’s what her letter said.
Rick: She could because she had to, sometimes you have to.
- Rick: You’re gonna be okay. The baby’s gonna be okay. This isn’t it, this isn’t it. There’s more. There’s gonna be more.
Maggie: I believe in you, Rick.
–6×16 “Last Day on Earth”
- Rick: I’m gonna kill you.
Negan: What? I didn’t quite catch that, you’re gonna have to speak up.
Rick: Not today, not tomorrow, but I’m gonna kill you.
–7×01 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be”
Don’t forget to check out our favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ quotes from: Glenn, Abraham, Maggie, Rosita, Daryl, Carl, Carol, Morgan, Michonne, Tara, Eugene, and Sasha
What is your favorite ‘The Walking Dead’ Rick Grimes quote?
The Arrow-verse crossover events often just lead to frustration and disappointment
His Dark Materials was one of SDCC 2019’s most anticipated panels, as dedicated fans flooded Hall H to see the cast and creators bring Philip Pullman’s award-winning trilogy to life.
The Walking Dead season 10 is still a few months away but the trailer has made its way to the fandom and it certainly has people talking.
Ahead of Disney’s The Lion King opening in theaters this weekend, we attended a Lion King press event and heard from the cast on what we should expect.
If you haven’t watched Stranger Things season 3, you definitely haven’t watched the mid-credits scene that dangles a very casual carrot about the future of our favorite Netflix original series. So who is the American?
The 100 season 6, episode 10 opened layers and layers of story and emotion as Bellamy fought to save Clarke and everyone else fought to save themselves.
Stranger Things season 3 not only left us in tears, it also left us with quite a few questions that need to be answered in Stranger Things season 4.
Here’s where to find Marie Lu on her Rebel tour, as she returns to the world of the Legend series.
Sabrina Carpenter is gearing up to help bring another YA book to the big screen.