Daryl Dixon is far from safe on The Walking Dead, while we hope for his freedom here are our favorite quotes from the fan favorite!
Daryl Dixon started out as something of an outsider on The Walking Dead. After his only family member, Merle was left for dead by the others in his group he had plenty of anger to go around. However, Daryl eventually became a vital and well loved member. Despite Rick’s role in Merle being left behind, Daryl became fiercely loyal to him. Even when Merle did resurface, it was Rick that Daryl remained loyal to.
That didn’t stop Daryl from feeling a heavy amount of guilt when his brother sacrificed himself to try and save the group from the governor. His guilt only got worse when Beth was abducted under his watch, and he failed to rescue her.
For a while, it seemed like Daryl was starting to open back up and try to help others. Only to be let down again when Denise was killed as the Saviors tried to get to him. Season 7 has Daryl in a dark place after watching his close friends killed right in front of him, and being taken hostage by Negan.
‘The Walking Dead’ Daryl Dixon quotes:
- Daryl: Hey, kid, what’d you do before all of this?
Glenn: Delivered pizzas. Why?
Daryl: You got some balls for a Chinaman.
Glenn: I’m Korean.
- Daryl: Toughest asshole I ever met, my brother. Feed him a hammer, he’d crap out nails.
- Daryl: Man, I’m gonna get shit-faced drunk again.
- Jenner: That door was made to withstand a rocket launcher.
Daryl: Well, your head ain’t!
- Daryl: Walkers didn’t do this. Geeks didn’t show up until all this went down. Somebody attacked this place. Killed all these people, took whatever they wanted. They’re all shot in the head execution style. You’re all worried about walkers? I’d be much more worried about the people who came here and did all this. Get a dictionary, look it up. Observant!
–2×01 “What Lies Ahead”
- Rick: Tracks are gone.
Daryl: No, they’re faint, but they ain’t gone. She came through here.
Rick: How can you tell? I don’t see anything. Dirt, grass.
Daryl: You want a lesson in tracking or you want to find that girl and get our ass off that interstate?
–2×01 “What Lies Ahead”
- Daryl: Why’d you wait till now to say anything? Got my brother’s stash. Crystal, X. Don’t need that. Got some kick ass painkillers. Doxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. It’s first class. Merle got the clap on occasion.
- Glenn: All I know is this chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori.
Dale: You let her?
Daryl: Climb down out of my asshole, man.
- Andrea: How’d you learn to shoot?
Daryl: Gotta eat. That’s one thing these walkers and us have in common. I guess it’s the closest he’s been to food since he turned. Look at him, hanging up there like a big piñata. The other geeks came and ate all the flesh off his legs.
Andrea: I thought we were changing the subject.
Daryl: Call that payback for laughing about my itchy ass.
–2×03 “Save The Last One”
- Andrea: You really think we’re gonna find Sophia?
Daryl: You got that look on your face, same as everybody else. What the hell’s wrong with you people? We just started looking.
Andrea: Well, do you?
Daryl: It ain’t the mountains of Tibet, it’s Georgia. She could be holed up in a farmhouse somewhere.
–2×03 “Save The Last One”
- Carol: A flower?
Daryl: It’s a Cherokee rose. The story is that when American soldiers were moving Indians off their land on the trail of tears the Cherokee mothers were grieving and crying so much ’cause they were losing their little ones along the way from exposure and disease and starvation.
A lot of them just disappeared. So the elders, they, uh, said a prayer. Asked for a sign to uplift the mothers’ spirits, give them strength and hope. The next day, this rose started to grow right where the mothers’ tears fell.
I’m not fool enough to think there’s any flowers blooming for my brother. But I believe this one bloomed for your little girl.
–2×04 “Cherokee Rose”
- Rick: Daryl, you okay on your own?
Daryl: I’m better on my own, I’ll be back before dark.
Rick: Hey, we got a base. We can get this search properly organized now.
Daryl: You got a point or are we just chatting?
Rick: My point is it lets you off the hook, you don’t owe us anything.
–2×04 “Cherokee Rose”
- Dale: You never heard this? Our first night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a Chupacabra.
Daryl: What are you braying at, jackass?
Rick: So, you believe in a blood-sucking dog?
Daryl: Do you believe dead people walking around?
- Andrea: I’m so sorry, I feel like shit.
Daryl: Yeah, you and me both.
Andrea: I don’t expect you to forgive me, but if there’s anything I can do…
Daryl: You were trying to protect the group. We’re good. But hey, shoot me again, and you’d best pray I’m dead.
- Daryl: I’m close to finding this girl, I just found her damn doll two days ago.
Shane: You found her doll, Daryl. That’s what you did, you found a doll.
Daryl: You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.
–2×07 “Pretty Much Dead Already”
- Carol: We’re not safe with him, keeping something like this from us. Why do you need him? He’s just gonna pull you down.
Daryl: No, Rick’s done right by me.
Carol: You’re his henchmen and I’m a burden. You deserve better.
Daryl: What do you want?
Carol: A man of honor.
Daryl: Rick has honor.
–2×13 “Beside the Dying Fire”
- Daryl: I get guys like this. Hell, I grew up with them. They’re degenerates, but they ain’t psychos. I could have been in there with them just as easy I’m out here with you guys.
T-Dog: So are you with me?
Daryl: Hell no!
–3×04 “Killer Within”
- Daryl: Yeah… You like that? Huh? little ass kicker. Right? That’s a good name, right? Lil’ Ass-Kicker. You like that, huh? You like that, sweetheart?
–3×05 “Say The Word”
- Daryl: You know, she was just gone. Erased. People said it was better that way. I don’t know. Just made it seem like it wasn’t real, ya know?
Carl: I shot my mom. She was out. Hadn’t turned yet. I ended it. It was real.
- Daryl: He helped us get out of there.
Rick: Yeah, right after he beat the shit out of you.
Merle: Hey, we both took our licks, man.
–3×09 “Suicide King”
- Merle: Where’re you going?
Daryl: Back where I belong!
Merle: I can’t go with you! I tried to kill that black bitch. Damn near killed that Chinese kid.
Daryl: He’s Korean.
Merle: Whatever. Doesn’t matter, man, I can’t go with you!
Daryl: You know, I may be the one walking away, but you’re the one who’s leaving… Again.
- Daryl: Man, I went back for you. You weren’t there. I didn’t cut off your hand, neither. You did that. Way before they locked you up on that roof. You asked for it.
Merle: You know what’s funny to me? You and Sheriff Rick are like this now. Right? I bet you a penny and a fiddle of gold that you never told him that we were planning on robbing that camp blind.
Daryl: It didn’t happen!
Merle: Yeah, it didn’t. ‘Cause I wasn’t there to help you!
Daryl: What, like when we were kids, huh? Who left who then?
Merle: What? Huh? Is that why I lost my hand?
Daryl: You lost your hand ’cause you’re a simple-minded piece of shit.
Merle: Yeah? You don’t know!
[Daryl rips his open, his back is covered with scars] Merle: I… I didn’t know he was…
Daryl: Yeah, he did. He did the same to you. That’s why you left first.
- Andrea: No one can make it alone now.
Daryl: Never could.
–3×16 “Welcome to the Tombs”
- Rick: Wasn’t much use without my gun.
Daryl: No, you were. All this time you’ve taking off, you earned it. We wouldn’t be here without you.
Rick: It was all of us.
Daryl: No, it was you first. You gonna help us figure this out?
Rick: I screwed up too many times. Those calls you gotta make, I start down that road. I almost lost my boy, who he was. Whatever else this place needs, I’m here for it.
Daryl: Like I said, you earned it. But for what it’s worth you see mistakes. I see when the shit hits, you’re standing there with a shovel.
- Daryl: Those douchebags in the vines took themselves out, holding hands, kumbaya-style.
Bob: They wanted to go out together same as they lived. That makes them douchebags?
Daryl: It does if they could have gotten out.
- Daryl: They picked up the pace in here, got up in a hurry. Things went bad.
Beth: Wouldn’t kill you to have a little faith.
Daryl: Yeah, faith. Faith ain’t done shit for us. Sure as hell didn’t do nothing for your father.
- Daryl: Ain’t gonna have your first drink be no damn Peach Schnapps.
- Daryl: Peanut butter and jelly, diet soda, and pig’s feet. That’s a white trash brunch right there.
- Daryl: Maybe you don’t have to leave that. Maybe we stick around here for a while. They come back, we’ll just make it work. They may be nuts, but maybe it’ll be all right.
Beth: So you do still think they’re good people around. What changed your mind?
Daryl: You know.
- Daryl: I bet this cost some rich prick a lot of money.
Daryl: Looks like a dog sat in paint, wiped its ass all over the place.
Carol: Really? I kinda like it.
Carol: I’m serious, you don’t know me.
Daryl: Yep, you keep tellin’ yourself that.
- Carol: Take a shower, I’m gonna wash that vest. We need to keep up appearances, even you.
Daryl: Hey, I ain’t starting now.
Carol: I’m gonna hose you down in your sleep.
Daryl: You look ridiculous.
- Carol: Take your pick.
Daryl: Look, I’ve been thinking. Do we really need these? I mean, things go bad, yeah, sure. We do what we gotta do, but it’s like you said. We don’t need these for that.
Carol: Right now we don’t.
Daryl: You wanted me to try, right? I’m good.
- Daryl: How many walkers you killed? Just answer the question.
Dwight: A lot, a couple dozen at least.
Daryl: How many people you killed?
Dwight: Why haven’t I killed anybody? Because if I did, there’d be no going back. There’d be no going back to how things were.
Daryl: I’m from a place where people are still like they were… more or less, better or worse.
–6×06 “Always Accountable”
- Abraham: You ever think about it? Settling down?
Daryl: You think shit’s settled?
–6×11 “Knots Untie”
- Daryl: So was he older or younger?
Denise: Older. By six minutes. My parents came up with the Dennis/Denise thing on one of their benders. Hilarious, right? Nothing scared him. He was brave. He was angry, too. It’s kind of a dangerous combination.
Daryl: It sounds like we have the same brother.
—6×14 “Twice As Far”