The 100 season 4, episode 6 propels the action forward and delivers several moving and/or badass character moments. Read our spoiler-light preview to find out what to expect!
Clarke and Roan travel through hostile territory in order to deliver an invaluable asset to Abby and her team.
The two-week break between episodes 5 and 6 couldn’t have come at a simultaneously worse and better time.
On one hand it’s terrible that we have to wait two weeks to find out how the characters pick up the pieces after the destruction of Arkadia, but on the other, it was actually a pretty ideal time to give fandom a breather and process everything that’s (already) happened so far in season 4.
Because after “We Will Rise,” which is written by Charmaine De Grate and directed by Dean White, the pieces will be set for the next stage of our heroes’ journey, and we’ll have a lot of new things to think and talk about.
With Arkadia gone, Clarke is ready to push forward with their new plan, which entails delivering hydrazine to Abbykru on Becca’s island in a last-ditch effort to save the human race. No sweat though! As Roan deadpans in the trailer: “What could possibly go wrong?”
For such an important mission, expect no less than the A-team: Roan joins Clarke and Bellamy on the perilous fury road trip through hostile territory, and as you might expect, this combination of characters is glorious.
But it’s not all fun and games (is it ever on this show?): When Bellamy isn’t having an eye-rolling contest with the Ice King, he’s worrying about Octavia, who is back in Arkadia recovering from her near-death experience.
Although she’s healing physically, Octavia’s mental trauma rears its ugly head this week with devastating consequences. It’s not overstating it to say that this is a huge episode for this character.
Saving the best for last, the chunk of story that takes place in Becca’s lab features Raven, Luna and Murphy, another surprisingly compelling trio whose dynamic evolves in exciting and unexpected ways.
Murphy in particular is one to watch this week. He has two standout moments in the episode — one comedic and one heart-wrenching — that have stuck with me ever since I first watched the episode.
“We Will Rise” is a wild ride both figuratively and literally. We all love the death and drama (right guys?) but one of the best things about The 100 is its unadulterated badass-ness, and “We Will Rise” certainly rises to the occasion.
8 teasing tidbits for ‘The 100’ season 4, episode 6
- Niylah may have come to Arkadia at the worst time (since it just blew up and all), but it’s a good thing she’s there now.
- Roan is peak Roan in this episode. Zach McGowan delivers on all fronts, and it’s great to see him finally part of the main action.
- This episode features multiple emotional payoffs and potential setups that reward long-time viewers.
- One particular exchange had me going “wait what” and I immediately had to go back and watch it again.
- How well do you really know David Miller?
- Kane shares a touching moment with another character that has been a long time coming.
- Luna might be a little bit magic.
- If you miraculously don’t know the show off by heart yet, episodes it might be beneficial to re-watch before this one include “Spacewalker,” “Watch the Thrones” and “Stealing Fire.”