The Liars may not appreciate her, but Pretty Little Liars fans all know that Mona Vanderwaal is the true star of the show.
From Hanna’s sassy best friend, to A, to practically the only thing keeping the Liars afloat, Mona has always been an integral part of Pretty Little Liars. Brilliant, hilarious, brave, and beautiful, she’s always fun to watch and her words – be they witty or wise – are a highlight of every episode that she’s in!
To celebrate the unsung hero of Pretty Little Liars, let’s look back at some of her best quotes over the seven seasons of the show.
‘Pretty Little Liars’ Mona Vanderwaal quotes
- What’s the point of breaking your shell if you turn into such a dull omelet?
- Whatever it is, I’m sure I’ll love it. And if not, I’ll return it!
- It looks like her hair got in a fight with her face and they both lost.
- You can go now. This beauty doesn’t need a beast.
Ashley: Take a step if you’d rather not be here.
Mona: How about we skip the step and jump out the window?
- Fear cuts deeper than a sword.
- If you believe a lie, it becomes the truth.
- Honey, you can’t be a shark if you’re toothless.
“Alison stole my life from me when she crowned me Rosewood’s biggest loser, and she was so convincing, even I started to believe her.”
‘Pretty Little Liars’ season 5, episode 12
- Seems whatever I do ends up this way. Good intentions that look like trash.
- Look, I’ll take heels over a hoodie any day of the week. But just because I’m not A anymore doesn’t mean I can’t recon your asses when I need to.
- I don’t know what’s more pathetic, people who gossip or people who listen to gossip.
- I promise never to listen to another rumor unless I start it myself.
“You can call me a lot of things, but don’t call me an amateur.”
‘Pretty Little Liars’ season 5, episode 7
Hanna: You were on the Halloween train dressed like Caleb?
Mona: To think, we were this close to our first kiss.
Aria: You knew that Clark was a cop?
Mona: Aria, maybe you thought he was always happy to see you, but I could never get past the bulge in his pants.
- Pretty awful, isn’t it, how things change so quickly in this town? Somebody’s your girlfriend, then they’re not. One day there’s a house, and the next day…it’s gone. Poof!
- Not to poke where I don’t belong, but if I were graduating from Po-Po school, I wouldn’t want to know that my girlfriend just broke into Radley.
- Oh honey, that was like two personalities ago.
- When you don’t feel anything, it must be really fun to mess with someone who feels a lot.
“That bitch can keep a secret. I respect that.”
‘Pretty Little Liars’ season 3, episode 16
- Are your legs always that short?
Mona: First it was dumb stuff. Accusing me of stealing this necklace.
Hanna: Did you?
Mona: D’uh, yes. But why is it their business?
- If you think I’m gonna leave my fate in your fumbling hands, you’ve been smoking the drapes.
- Too bad about Noel. Well, no, not really
- Half the time I thought I was being haunted by Ali, the other half of the time, I thought I was auditioning for American Idol
Mona: You didn’t tell them that I know about the game.
Hanna: I couldn’t.
Mona: They still don’t trust me? Fine. I’ll help you and your friends like I always do and then crawl back under a rock.
Hanna: Mona, come on. It’s not like that.”
Mona: I have literally bled myself for you, Hanna, trying to protect you. How many times do I have to save all of you until I’m finally part of the group? Well, you might as well head over to the high school. Seems like we never left.
What’s your favorite Mona Vanderwaal quote from ‘Pretty Little Liars’?
It's time to learn about Phase 4
Our watch may have ended, but the Game of Thrones cast returned to SDCC’s Hall H for one last hurrah!
A new trailer debuted too.
The Walking Dead season 10 is still a few months away but the trailer has made its way to the fandom and it certainly has people talking.
How could The Lion King 2019 edition ever hope to top the 1994 Disney classic? Even I was surprised.
If you haven’t watched Stranger Things season 3, you definitely haven’t watched the mid-credits scene that dangles a very casual carrot about the future of our favorite Netflix original series. So who is the American?
The Arrow-verse crossover events often just lead to frustration and disappointment
Stranger Things season 3 not only left us in tears, it also left us with quite a few questions that need to be answered in Stranger Things season 4.
Here’s where to find Marie Lu on her Rebel tour, as she returns to the world of the Legend series.
Sabrina Carpenter is gearing up to help bring another YA book to the big screen.