The Liars may not appreciate her, but Pretty Little Liars fans all know that Mona Vanderwaal is the true star of the show.
From Hanna’s sassy best friend, to A, to practically the only thing keeping the Liars afloat, Mona has always been an integral part of Pretty Little Liars. Brilliant, hilarious, brave, and beautiful, she’s always fun to watch and her words – be they witty or wise – are a highlight of every episode that she’s in!
To celebrate the unsung hero of Pretty Little Liars, let’s look back at some of her best quotes over the seven seasons of the show.
‘Pretty Little Liars’ Mona Vanderwaal quotes
- What’s the point of breaking your shell if you turn into such a dull omelet?
- Whatever it is, I’m sure I’ll love it. And if not, I’ll return it!
- It looks like her hair got in a fight with her face and they both lost.
- You can go now. This beauty doesn’t need a beast.
Ashley: Take a step if you’d rather not be here.
Mona: How about we skip the step and jump out the window?
- Fear cuts deeper than a sword.
- If you believe a lie, it becomes the truth.
- Honey, you can’t be a shark if you’re toothless.
“Alison stole my life from me when she crowned me Rosewood’s biggest loser, and she was so convincing, even I started to believe her.”
‘Pretty Little Liars’ season 5, episode 12
- Seems whatever I do ends up this way. Good intentions that look like trash.
- Look, I’ll take heels over a hoodie any day of the week. But just because I’m not A anymore doesn’t mean I can’t recon your asses when I need to.
- I don’t know what’s more pathetic, people who gossip or people who listen to gossip.
- I promise never to listen to another rumor unless I start it myself.
“You can call me a lot of things, but don’t call me an amateur.”
‘Pretty Little Liars’ season 5, episode 7
Hanna: You were on the Halloween train dressed like Caleb?
Mona: To think, we were this close to our first kiss.
Aria: You knew that Clark was a cop?
Mona: Aria, maybe you thought he was always happy to see you, but I could never get past the bulge in his pants.
- Pretty awful, isn’t it, how things change so quickly in this town? Somebody’s your girlfriend, then they’re not. One day there’s a house, and the next day…it’s gone. Poof!
- Not to poke where I don’t belong, but if I were graduating from Po-Po school, I wouldn’t want to know that my girlfriend just broke into Radley.
- Oh honey, that was like two personalities ago.
- When you don’t feel anything, it must be really fun to mess with someone who feels a lot.
“That bitch can keep a secret. I respect that.”
‘Pretty Little Liars’ season 3, episode 16
- Are your legs always that short?
Mona: First it was dumb stuff. Accusing me of stealing this necklace.
Hanna: Did you?
Mona: D’uh, yes. But why is it their business?
- If you think I’m gonna leave my fate in your fumbling hands, you’ve been smoking the drapes.
- Too bad about Noel. Well, no, not really
- Half the time I thought I was being haunted by Ali, the other half of the time, I thought I was auditioning for American Idol
Mona: You didn’t tell them that I know about the game.
Hanna: I couldn’t.
Mona: They still don’t trust me? Fine. I’ll help you and your friends like I always do and then crawl back under a rock.
Hanna: Mona, come on. It’s not like that.”
Mona: I have literally bled myself for you, Hanna, trying to protect you. How many times do I have to save all of you until I’m finally part of the group? Well, you might as well head over to the high school. Seems like we never left.
What’s your favorite Mona Vanderwaal quote from ‘Pretty Little Liars’?
Your Game of Thrones fan petition is dumb, please stop it.
Game of Thrones succeeded in subverting our expectations, but my god, just look at the cost.
As a crucial plot point in both Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the multiverse theory is essential to the continued success of superhero franchises.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 6×02 brought S.H.I.E.L.D. into direct contact with Team Sarge, with unexpected consequences.
Old. Selina. Forever.
The future of The Walking Dead character Maggie Rhee may have become a lot more certain.
Don't bother trying, guys, you can't escape your past
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. seemed to have played its most ruthless romantic card at the conclusion of season 5 — but fans may not have seen anything yet.
I love Jay Crownover. There, I said it. And her newest series gives me more Crownover cowboys and I am all for that. Check out Unbroken, our first foray into her new Loveless, Texas series.
Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan became a bestseller and inspired fans to bring her Gothic story to life. Today, we’re sharing some of our favorites.