Happy November, Hype Podcast listeners! Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life is officially less than a month away and the Hype girls are back to rehash Gilmore Girls season 6!
Listen in as we break down some of the biggest moments of the penultimate season and remember! All of our specials are spoiler free! This means if you’re watching along with our rewatch, you won’t have to worry about spoilers for season 7— we’ll only be talking about the events that occur between seasons 1 and 6!
– Things are off to a rocky start with all of our favorite characters!
– Rory is dealing with the repercussions of her actions from last season, and she’s moved in with Richard and Emily!
– Lorelai and Rory aren’t speaking after Rory decides to drop out of Yale, plus, Luke and Lorelai are engaged now!
– We jump right into things and air out all of our feelings regarding where everyone is as the season opens.
– Should Richard and Emily have taken Rory in despite Lorelei’s wishes? Should Lorelia have refused to help them after they realized they should have figured out a way to convince Rory to go back to school? Should Rory have left the way that she did when she FINALLY decided to move out of her grandparent’s house?
– Selina’s theory about family dynamics gets us all thinking— is Rory the actual parent in the situation? Are Richard and Emily the toddlers?
– As always, Paris is the queen of everything. We discuss her fall from power as the Editor in Chief of the Yale Daily News, and Rory’s rise.
– Pam shares some war stories from her days of studying journalism at university— was it anything like it has been for Rory and Paris at Yale?
– We take a moment to talk about Logan and come to the conclusion that we don’t exactly hate him.
– Also, we’ve got A LOT of feelings about what Rory’s life could potentially look like after watching the Valentine’s weekend getaway episode!
– Jess is back and Marama and Pam are just over here like ?
– Also, Team Jess fans rejoice! Selina finally understands which Jess we’ve been talking about while expressing our love this whole time!
– We address the elephant in the room that is April.
– We discuss the OTHER elephant in the room when the topic turns over to Christopher.
– Will Lorelai and Christopher ever get over this weird thing they have where they keep coming back to each other?
– Zach and Mrs. King are the ULTIMATE dream team— pass it on.
– In listener feedback we address concerns about Rory and Dean, some of the jokes on the series that fall flat, and more. Plus, Selina lets us in on her ultimate Stars Hollow ship!
– Finally, we wrap things up by making Selina tell us some of her season 7 predictions!
Make sure to let us know your thoughts on Gilmore Girls season 7 and send in your predictions for the revival. We’ll be reading some of them out on air when we record our FINAL episode in this series before Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life premieres on Nov. 25! (Be mindful of marking your spoilers clearly, because Selina hasn’t caught up yet!)
Want more Gilmore goodness? Pam and Marama also recorded a mini special where we took a deep dive into the official Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life trailer!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
Hype Podcast tackles Doctor Strange, Johnny Depp joining Fantastic Beasts, the new Wonder Woman trailer, BBC’s Class and much more.
We’re back wth another Hype Podcast Special! Eoin Macken and Tom Hopper are both here to talk about their indie drama, Leopard, the consistent love they still feel from the Merlin fandom, and even that harrowing premiere of The Walking Dead season 7!
Hype Podcast is all about TV this week, from Star Trek: Discovery and That’s So Raven news to Conviction, The Crown and The Walking Dead reviews.
It’s a Gilmore Girls Hype mini-Special! Our resident superfans, Marama and Pamela couldn’t control their excitement, and so are here to break down the first real Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life trailer.