Mikey and Donya are joined by Michal for this week’s Resistance Radio, to talk droids, virtual reality, and John Boyega, excellent human.
– Michal introduces herself and gives us a run down of her Star Wars history.
– There’s a virtual reality experience coming to the HTC Vive, which’ll take us to Tatooine.
– Star Wars Battlefront is also coming to Playstation VR.
– The role of young Han Solo has been narrowed down to three prospective actors. We discuss them, and whether we need a Han Solo movie.
– Secrets of The Force Awakens got its first trailer. We get excited about going behind the scenes, and Mikey shares an awesome post about editing Star Wars.
– John Boyega continues to be a fantastic person, and visited some children at hospital. Michal gives everyone emotions about Mark Hamill, and shares a story about Daisy Ridley turning down an invite to a formal.
– Our Spotlight this week is all about the droids — specifically C-3PO, R2-D2 and BB-8.
– We look at C-3PO and R2-D2’s introduction and whether they’re purely comic relief for us.
– Why didn’t Owen Lars recognise C-3PO in Episode IV?
– Er, we get a little deep on the ethics of wiping a droid’s mind, which spirals off onto the treatment of droids in the Star Wars universe.
– Do all droids have such unique personalities? Or is it limited to just C-3PO, R2, and BB-8?
– When did we fall in love with BB-8? Did he steal our hearts in the trailer, or did it take a little longer?
– We get sidetracked by some of our favorite BB-8 moments from The Force Awakens.
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected] or tweet @HypablePodcast