Hype Podcast is back with another one of our signature Specials. This time, we’re dedicating the entire episode to breaking down some of the most highly anticipated series set to premiere as part of this year’s Fall TV line up!
Tune in to hear about all of the shows we think should be on your radar this season!
– Pam, Kristen and Kyle are all here to break down the biggest new pilots of the Fall 2016 television season. We’ve also recruited Hypable staff writer and resident TV junkie, Brittany to help us chat about some of the shows we’re most excited for.
– As Pam explains, for the sake of keeping things organized, we’re breaking things down by network!
– Agent Carter is no more, but we’ll still be getting our fix of Hayley Attwell in Conviction. (premieres Mon., Oct. 3)
– Designated Survivor is also set to premier on ABC and the concept is one that’s got us all intrigued. Brittany saw the pilot and gives it two thumbs up! (premieres Thurs., Oct. 22)
– Dirk Gently stars Elija Wood, but Brittany and Pam are especially excited to see History Boys alumn Samuel Barnett portray the quirky detective in this new series based off of author Douglas Adams’ popular comics series. (premieres Sat., Oct. 22)
– The CW has a new comedy called No Tomorrow coming out and Kristen is confident it’ll do well so long as it finds the right audience! (premieres Tues., Oct. 4)
– Brittany is all about Son of Zorn, Fox’s upcoming half animated sit-com, but she’s predicting it won’t be sticking around for long (airs Sundays)
– Everyone’s excited about Pitch, which finds Ginny Baker stepping onto the mound as the first female pitcher to get called up to the major league. Pam says it’s one pilot you WON’T want to miss. She’s also got some nerdy questions she’d like to ask the showrunners! (premieres Thurs., Sept. 22)
– Donald Glover’s got a new series called Atlanta that premiered on Sept. 6. Both Pam and Brittany have tuned in and really loved the first two episodes! (airs Tuesdays on FX)
– Louis alumn Pamela Aldon takes center stage as a single mother and actress trying to get by with her three daughters in LA in Better Things. (airs Thursdays on FX)
– AHS is back soon with another season. No one really knows what it’s about, but the hosts take a stab at guessing anyway! (premieres Wed., Sept. 14)
– The upcoming sci-fi drama, Westworld boasts a seriously impressive cast and Kristen says you’ll definitely be hooked on the idea once you’ve seen the trailer! (premieres Sun., Oct. 2)
– Sarah Jessica Parker is set to make her grand return to the network in a comedy that focuses on life after marriage in Divorce (premieres Sun., Oct. 9)
– Issa Rae is incredibly relatable in Insecure, a series about friendship, turning 30, and being comfortable with yourself. (premieres Sun., Oct. 9)
– Timeless (not to be confused with 2017’s Time After Time) follows a team of time travelers as they attempt to track down a criminal hiding somewhere in time. (premieres Mon., Oct. 3)
– This Is Us is one of the most highly anticipated dramas of the season and Kyle says it lives up to the hype AND leaves you wanting more! (premieres Tues., Sept. 20)
– Parks and Rec showrunner Mike Schur has a new sit-com coming called The Good Place and it’s bound to get you laughing! (premieres Mon., Sept. 19)
– Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life is just around the corner and we absolutely can’t wait for all four episodes to hit Netflix! Remember, we’re also rewatching the entire series in preparation for the big day right here on Hype! (premieres Fri., Nov. 25)
– Luke Cage will take center stage as the reluctant hero of New York City when Marvel’s latest television series hits the online streaming website and Kristen explains why everyone should be excited to tune in! (premieres Fri., Sept. 30)
– Director Ava DuVernay’s new series is one that’s not to be missed! The show follows the lives of the Bordelon children who must come together after they inherit their father’s failing sugar fields. (airs Wednesdays on OWN)
– We wrap things up by going around the table and quickly talking about the one series we’re really excited to see come back.
And come be our friend on Tumblr too!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast
We’re back with another jam-packed episode of Hype Podcast!
Hype #112 tackles Beauty and the Beast, James Bond casting rumors, movie news, TV show pilots and more.
In Hype Podcast lucky-111, we talk Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Gambit, Rupert Grint and John Cho’s new shows, and more.
This Hype Podcast Special sits down with Legion M co-founder Jeff Annison to discuss how the fan-owned entertainment company can influence Hollywood.