Grab a cup of great coffee and settle in because the first episode of our long awaited Gilmore Girls special series is finally here! In this episode, the Hype Girls break down the Gilmore Girls season 1 and nothing is left undiscussed as we take a deep dive into the world of Stars Hollow and it’s quirky, realistic characters!
Remember, this episode is SPOILER FREE! Meaning we’ll only be talking about the events that happen in the first season of the series so feel free to watch along with us and join in on the discussion!
• We kick the show off by introducing our brand new series of specials on Gilmore Girls! Also, Pam and Marama rejoice over how much Selina loves the show— she “gets it now,” you guys!
• Pam comes to the realization of just how big of an impact Rory and Lorelai have had on her life
• Selina reveals the uncanny coincidences between the Gilmore Girls and her own relationship with her mother.
• Marama and Selina make the connection between Gilmore Girls and Buffy the Vampire Slayer
• We break down why we love Gilmore Girls and why we think it’s so easy to fall into the series
We discuss whether or not the Pilot episode still stands up today
• We can’t imagine Melissa McCarthy not playing Sookie but she wasn’t originally cast in the pilot!
• We take a deep dive into what makes Lorelai tick
• Marama kind of loves Emily and we come to the realization that she and Lorelai are actually more similar than they probably realize
• Pam and Marama explain how the show has changed for them rewatching it as adults. Also, they have a joint crisis over the realization that they’re now officially closer to Lorelai’s age than Rory’s
• Selina weighs in on Dean, Marama STILL doesn’t care for him, and Pam plays devil’s advocate (you’re welcome #TeamDean fans)
• Consensus: none of Rory’s boyfriends are perfect but they’re perfect for her when she’s dating them
• Rory’s not the only one with boy troubles— we discuss the men in Lorelai’s life
• Luke and Lorelai: do we ship it?
• We talk about some of our other favorite Stars Hollow characters including Lane, Mrs. Kim, Michel, Miss Patty, and more!
• Was it right for Lorelai to keep Rory away from her grandparents over the years?
• Selina makes predictions about the future of the series
• We pick our season 1 favorites and wrap up the show by reading YOUR emails!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.