We’re back with another jam-packed episode of Hype Podcast! Selina, Kyle and Kristen are away but the good news is Marama is back to join Pam in discussing everything from Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s latest update on Jumanji, to Zayn Malik’s new One Direction inspired TV show with NBC!
– We kick things off with a How We Hype segment that’s SO packed with pop culture goodness, we realized we needed to make a concise list all of the things we discussed! Here are all of the awesome things that were mentioned:
– We’re ALL about this new Passengers movie poster featuring Chris Pratt and J Law, but where the heck is the trailer?
– Joe Manganiello is officially Deathstroke, but what are the odds we’ll see him in Justice League before he becomes the main villain in Affleck’s solo Batman movie?
– The 007 saga continues! Daniel Craig has reportedly been offered £150 million to reprise his role as James Bond for two more movies, but do we think he should take it? Marama and Pam also weigh in on the age old question of who should take up the mantle of 007 after Craig exits the franchise.
– Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling have boarded Ava DuVernay’s A Wrinkle In Time and we’re so here for it
– Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson teased everyone with some concept art for his Jumanji character on Instagram. He’s SO excited for this movie, it makes US excited for it!
– Greg Berlanti is set to direct the film adaptation for Simon vs. the Homosapien Agenda and Marama explains exactly why you should pick this book up right now and read it
– Bad news, guys. Looks like Angela Lansbury WON’T be appearing on season 7 of Game of Thrones and we’ve decided it’s kind of a shame
– The first page of the script for Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life has been revealed and it’s giving us ALL the feels! Pam and Marama also remind everyone that Hype is currently in the middle of recording a series of Gilmore Girls specials where we recap each of the seasons in the series.
– Zayn Malik is teaming up with NBC to create a boy band drama inspired by his time in One Direction. We’re intrigued but also wondering if this could possibly create some tension between Zayn and the rest of the boys.
– On the CW front, it looks like everyone’s favorite werewolf, Tyler Lockwood, is returning to The Vampire Diaries for the final season
– There’s some exciting news coming from the Netflix camp! The online streaming service has greenlit a new Mythbusters series called The White Rabbit Project, and additionally renewed Narcos for seasons 3 and 4
– We wrap things up with one piece of music news. The Black Eyed Peas re-recored their hit single, “Where Is The Love” and both Marama and Pam highly recommend checking out the new music video for the track, and consider purchasing the single, proceeds of which go to the i.am.angel foundation
– Netflix original series reign supreme on this week’s TV Show of the Week!
– Marama just binged Stranger Things and absolutely LOVED it! We take a moment to talk about the series and also plug our upcoming Stranger Things special, coming soon!
– Pam is currently obsessed with Baz Luhrmann’s The Get Down, and she makes a case for why everyone should be giving the series a shot!
– We wrap up the show as always by reading YOUR listener feedback!
And come be our friend on Tumblr too!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast
Hype #112 tackles Beauty and the Beast, James Bond casting rumors, movie news, TV show pilots and more.
In Hype Podcast lucky-111, we talk Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Gambit, Rupert Grint and John Cho’s new shows, and more.
This Hype Podcast Special sits down with Legion M co-founder Jeff Annison to discuss how the fan-owned entertainment company can influence Hollywood.
It’s the season of payoffs on Gilmore Girls season 4, and the Hype Girls are back to share their thoughts.