Hype #112 tackles Beauty and the Beast, James Bond casting rumors, movie news, TV show pilots and more.
Selina, Pam and Kyle settle in for a fun discussion of the week’s biggest entertainment stories!
How We Hype:
– Pam recommends Carly Rae Jepsen’s Emotion Side B
– Kyle read I’m Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid
– Selina finally finished Jane Eyre, and we get sidetracked with a discussion about which classics were ruined for us by reading them in school.
– There’s a new teaser clip and some concept art from Beauty and the Beast!
– We pick our favorites from the alleged James Bond actor shortlist
– Karen Gillan joins the cast of Jumanji
– Gene Wilder dies at 83
– Sebastian Stan (!) joins Steven Soderbergh’s Logan Lucky
– Kerry Washington is producing ABC’s new female-led cop drama
– Pretty Little Liars is (finally?) coming to a close after season 7
– But in happier news, Stranger Things will return for s2
– Jeff Davis is doing a TV adaptation of Let The Right One In for TNT
– Outlander casts older John Grey for season 3
– Bill Nye is coming to Netflix! The Science guy inks deal for new talkshow
– Fox greenlights a reimagined King Arthur police procedural drama… for some reason.
TV Show of the Week:
– Pam is hyping about The Great British Bake-Off, like every other Hypable staffer
– Selina is revisiting Friends. Again.
We wrap up with Listener Feedback, and a small bonus discussion about just how we might be tackling a King Arthur police procedural series…
And come be our friend on Tumblr too!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast
In Hype Podcast lucky-111, we talk Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Gambit, Rupert Grint and John Cho’s new shows, and more.
This Hype Podcast Special sits down with Legion M co-founder Jeff Annison to discuss how the fan-owned entertainment company can influence Hollywood.
It’s the season of payoffs on Gilmore Girls season 4, and the Hype Girls are back to share their thoughts.
Hype Podcast 110 tackles the “new Harry Potter books,” Zendaya’s Spider-Man casting, Hidden Figures, news of The Runaways, the Lost Boys reboot, and much more.