Hype Podcast recaps the best and worst moments from the 2016 Oscars, tackles Marvel and Harry Potter news, and highlights some new Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and TV series news.
How We Hype:
– Kyle recommends 11.22.63
– Marama has watched an unprecedented amount of TV, but it’s all Brooklyn Nine-Nine
– Kristen has read I Wish You Were Mine by Lauren Layne
– Selina picked up a reader recommendation and reviews Red Rising by Pierce Brown.
– Oscars discussion! Yays and nays include Chris Rock (in both categories), Sam Smith, Brie Larson, Leo DiCaprio, Jacob Tremblay and much more
– Special Oscars feedback segment with input from YOU, the listeners!
– In sad news (especially if your name is Kristen), Fox has pushed back Channing Tatum’s Gambit
– Marvel’s Iron Fist casts Game of Thrones’ Finn Jones, and Marama has thoughts
– Disney Channel announces High School Musical 4, but no Zefron
– Nickelodeon sets Legends of the Hidden Temple, two-part Hey Arnold! TV movies
– The Cursed Child cast line-up has been revealed, and we spend way too long trying to identify the kid actors
– Big Hero 6 TV series coming to Disney XD next year
– The Cruel Intentions TV series draws Sarah Michelle Gellar back to TV
– Bones has been renewed for its 12th and final season
– Pokémon Sun and Moon announced (but more importantly, Ryan Sims writes for Hypable now?!)
TV Show of the Week:
– Pam watched Fuller House so you don’t have to
– Marama urges everyone to help renew Agent Carter!
– Kristen is excited that Blindspot is back on the air
– Kyle has FINALLY watched UnReal, and obviously loves it
– Selina talks about – surprise! – The 100.
In the wrap-up we give an update on our Gilmore Girls rewatch special(s), discuss plans for our fast-approaching 100th episode (which probably won’t be a The 100 special, to Selina’s great regret), and preview next week’s episode.
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast