Hype Podcast 183 rounds up all the week’s biggest entertainment news stories including Marvel, Star Wars, The 100, Throne of Glass, Cardi B, King Arthur, Harry Potter and much more.
If you like what you hear, consider supporting Hype Podcast on Patreon with $2 a month for even more pop culture content and special features! This week’s bonus segment will be a Merlin commentary for the season 1 episode “Lancelot.”
This week, Selina and Pam are joined by Hypable writer Lelanie Seyffer!
How We Hype:
– Pam is going to be releasing an interview with composer Siddhartha Khosla
– We are now on Spotify!
– Selina reviews the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (or some of it, anyway)
– Lelanie reviews Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy and A Quiet Place
– Infinity War roundup: Bucky Smiles: the TV spot, character posters, and a plea to #KeepTheSecrets
– Riverdale’s KJ Apa joins The Hate U Give
– The full trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story is here
– Tobias Menzies to play Prince Philip in The Crown seasons 3 and 4
– Netflix orders King Arthur series from Frank Miller focused on Nimue
– The Simpsons responded to The Problem With Apu
– The CW renews most of its shows… not The 100 though, yet!
– To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before gets an official August 17th release date
– 20th anniversary Harry Potter covers revealed
TV Show of the Week:
– Selina has seen the first season of The Magicians… and hears it gets better?
– Pam reviews A Series of Unfortunate Events season 2
– Lelanie has discovered The Almighty Johnsons
– Selina previews The 100 season 5, which is premiering later this month!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected]
NOTE: We accidentally referred to this episode as 184, it is in fact 183. Sorry for the confusion!
Hype Podcast recaps WonderCon 2018, reviews Farenheit 451 and The Hate U Give, and talks The 100, One Day at a Time, Once Upon a Time, Avengers and much more.
Hype Podcast talks The 100 season 5, Fantastic Beasts 2, Star Wars, Timeless and much more.
We’re back to dive deep into the biggest news in pop culture on another episode of Hype Podcast!
Ahead of this Sunday’s 2018 Academy Awards, Hype Podcast sat down with Oscar nominee Julian Slater to discuss how he went about creating the unique sound that courses through director Edgar Wright’s Baby Driver.