Hype Podcast reviews the latest movies including Bridget Jones’ Baby and Sully, previews fall TV series Queen Sugar and Pitch, and breaks down the latest entertainment news.
It’s Selina and Pam this week keeping you up-to-date on everything pop culture! And because it’s Selina and Pam, we of course continue our Merlin obsession (and #feud with the new procedural Camelot) and pitch our own version of an Arthurian TV series.
How We Hype:
– Selina saw Bridget Jones’ Baby, best movie of all time (despite a small issue)
– Pam recs Sully and Hello My Name is Doris.
– We’re loving the Moana trailer
– And yes, the Fifty Shades Darker trailer was good too
– Storm Reid, the girl with the coolest name in the world, lands the lead role in Ava DuVernay’s A Wrinkle in Time
Fox is developing a Stan Lee movie. Will it be an action film? Why is it not being done by Marvel?!
– Pacific Rim 2 has found its female lead, and we discover something surprising about John Boyega
– Evangeline Lilly and Adam Scott are teaming up for an Antichrist comedy (!)
– Michael Giacchino replaces Alexandre Desplat as Rogue One composer
– A Throne of Glass TV series is in development, which is apparently a very good thing
– Updates on the Star Wars and Star Trek TV series
– Lady Gaga announces Joanna album, and is in talks to helm the Super Bowl half time show.
TV Show of the Week:
– Pam’s pick is Pitch
– Selina’s is Queen Sugar
– …And we’ve got our Merlin-by-the-Sea procedural series to break in, too!
As always, Hype Podcast wraps up with Listener Feedback, and some information about upcoming shows and specials. Get your opinion on Hype by leaving a comment on this post, tweeting us @HypableHYPE, and/or emailing [email protected].
And come be our friend on Tumblr too!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast
Hype Podcast is back with another one of our signature Specials. This time, we’re dedicating the entire episode to breaking down some of the most highly anticipated series set to premiere as part of this year’s Fall TV line up!
We’re back with another jam-packed episode of Hype Podcast!
Hype #112 tackles Beauty and the Beast, James Bond casting rumors, movie news, TV show pilots and more.
In Hype Podcast lucky-111, we talk Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Gambit, Rupert Grint and John Cho’s new shows, and more.