Bon Voyage! We’ve reached the end of our Gilmore Girls rewatch, just in time for the Netflix revival. We break down the controversial seventh season and decide how it compares to the show as a whole.
This is is, we made it. After many months and SO many hours of TV, we are all up to date on Gilmore Girls. Now that she has seen it all, what does our resident newbie Selina think about this show? Is she mad at Pam and Marama for making her do this? (Spoiler alert: no.) Hear our thoughts on this final season, and our predictions, hopes, and dreams for the Netflix revival.
Plus, we announce our plans for the revival. Stay tuned to the end to hear them.
– It’s been a journey!
– We chat about the brand new trailer, but without ruining Selina’s spoiler-free status
– Unpopular opinion: We don’t hate season 7
– We kick off with our Christopher complaint segment
– Luke and April v. Christopher and Rory: Pam explains The Letter as a turning point
– Marama blames Logan’s regression on writing, not character
– Rory’s social and financial privilege is again exposed in this season
– PSA: Down with public proposals
– We diverge into an Emily and Richard love letter
– “Bon Voyage”: When did we cry?
– Were we all satisfied with this finale when we watched it for the first time?
– How does it rank on a scale of series finales?
– For the last time (maybe?), we give our favourite episodes and characters!
– Are some of the poor decisions in season 7 the result of a male showrunner taking over?
– The problematic feminism of Gilmore Girls as a whole
– And for the first time, we give our favourite season
– Our Netflix predictions: Who’s employed, who’s together, who’s married, who’s pregnant, who’s living their dreams?
– Most importantly: Will Lane ever be happy?
– To wrap up, we predict the final four words
– Plus, our plans for the Netflix revival
– And we have a special message for everyone who has taken this journey with us
Want more Gilmore goodness? Pam and Marama also recorded a mini special where we took a deep dive into the first official Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life trailer!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
Harry Potter fans, rejoice! Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is officially in theaters! Now that we’ve all seen the film, the girls of Hype Podcast just couldn’t resist getting together to breakdown J.K. Rowling’s latest tale from the wizarding world!
This week, Hype Podcast brings you early reviews of A Monster Calls and Hidden Figures, new information about Beauty and the Beast, lots of love for The Mindy Project and much more.
Hype Podcast episode 122 is here to hopefully bring some joy to your life in the form of (mostly) good entertainment news, movie and TV recommendations, and much more!
Happy November, Hype Podcast listeners! Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life is officially less than a month away and the Hype girls are back to rehash Gilmore Girls season 6!