The Hype hosts are back for episode 101! Well…some of them! With Kyle off traveling the world (we’re super jealous, BTW) and Selina and Marama off this week, Kristen and Pam welcome Hypable staffer Danielle on to the show to talk about everything from Cursed Child and James Bond, to Captain Marvel!
• In our How We Hype segment, Danielle encourages us all to watch Bates Motel while Kristen is stoked about all things Survivor. Meanwhile, Pam recaps her adventure at this year’s BottleRock music, food, and wine festival in Napa, Calif., and makes a case for why you should check the festival out!
• We kick things off by discussing those awesome new Cursed Child portraits— the Granger-Weasleys, you guys!
• This just in: Captain Marvel may be eyeing Academy Award winning actress, Brie Larson for the titular role and we kind of love the idea
• Disney reveals some more details about their upcoming Mary Poppins continuation. Kristen’s excited for Emily Blunt, meanwhile, Danielle is just excited to see Lin-Manuel Miranda perform in some capacity because the struggle is REAL when you live too far away from New York City to be able to experience Hamilton in the actual room where it happens.
• Pam geeks out over James Bond and breaks down all the latest news surrounding the franchise.
• Bad news for Maze Runner fans: Kristen gives us the latest on when we can expect The Death Cure to hit theaters.
• Danielle’s super exited for Suicide Squad and Margot Robbie’s latest comments are totally just adding fuel to the fire
• In Ghostbusters news, Kristen explains why Dan Akroyd’s stamp of approval on the new all-female reboot is such a big deal
* We lament over the loss of Agent Carter again, but is there hope for the series after all? Danielle breaks down why this may be the case.
• Outlander fans rejoice! The series has been renewed for seasons 3 and 4 and Pam is totally here for that
• Meanwhile, Legion is the latest Marvel property set to get the TV adaptation treatment
• Finally, to wrap up the news, Kristen explains why the future looks bright for Grey’s Anatomy fans.
• In TV show of the week, Pam has been having fun getting back into the Graham Norton Show, Kristen is still all about Game of Thrones and Danielle’s in love with Orphan Black.
• We wrap up the show by reading YOUR listener feedback! This week, we’ve got an update from Katie, who’s boyfriend Justin wrote in asking if we could give her a birthday shoutout, meanwhile many of you send in your requests for which series you’d like us to rewatch on Hype after we finish our Gilmore Girls specials. At the request of one listener, Pam reveals what her Harry Potter tattoo looks like, plus, a few of you have been having fun sorting the hosts into Gryffindor!
We hope you enjoyed our latest episode! Don’t forget, you can always reach out and send in your thoughts on anything we’ve discussed by leaving us a comment on this post, Tweeting us @hypableHYPE or emailing us at [email protected]! For more Hype fun between episodes, follow us on Instagram @hypableHYPE or come hang out with us over on our brand new Tumblr!
If there are any issues downloading this episode from iTunes, please refer to this guide.
If there are any further technical issues, feel free to contact Hypable’s podcast manager at [email protected], or tweet @HypablePodcast
Hype Podcast’s 100th episode is a special celebration, giving you a more personal host discussion. Enjoy!
The 100 season 3 finale was epic! Between Lexa’s return, Clarke’s choice in the City of Light and the reveal about Earth’s future, there’s plenty to discuss on this Hype Podcast Special.
Hype Podcast talks Ghostbusters, DC and Marvel, Preacher, medieval fair fun, J.K. Rowling’s expanding Wizarding World and much more.
It’s Gilmore Girls time again, as the Hype Podcast girls revisit your Stars Hollow favorites and dive into Gilmore Girls season 2.