This episode of Vampire Hype brings in Imprint hosts Andrew and Pamela to discuss the final Breaking Dawn: Part 2 trailer, and we also analyse the new Vampire Diaries season 4 promo!
We begin this week by talking about the Vampire Diaries promo released last week, in which Bonnie sets out to save Elena from becoming a vampire, and scary vampire hunter cops come to town. In the Twilight discussion, which begins at 28:00, our panel of Twilight experts break down the Breaking Dawn: Part 2 trailer, and discuss whether the big battle will actually take place and kill off main characters that didn’t die in the book.
– In The Vampire Diaries discussion, Selina, Jen and Tariq note that it’s not like they characters will succeed in stopping Elena’s transformation, so why the drama?
– Could Stefan’s feelings for Elena change once she becomes a vampire?
– Bonnie going to bring Elena back: does this mean that Elena is NOT Elena once she becomes a vampire? Yes, there’s a Buffy connection to be made here.
– And look, another connection: is Bonnie gonna go Dark! Willow?
– Caroline and Tyler/Klaus frolic in the woods – a much needed break from the action?
– We discuss whether this trailer is more action-packed to bring in a male audience
– Where is Katherine?
– Discussing the final Breaking Dawn trailer in depth, Laura, Jen, Andrew and Pamela talk about whether the final film will live up to fans’ expectations
– Renesmee is the cutest!
– Is Breaking Dawn: Part 2 actually going to contain the final battle scene not found in the book?
– If the battle does happen and isn’t a dream sequence, will any of the characters die?
– Which of the characters would die, if a battle did happen? The hosts give their picks
– It’s inevitable that the Saga will end, but where does the fandom go after the finale film?
– Laura suggests that the fandom could become Stephenie Meyer-centric, ala what happened to JK Rowling and the Harry Potter fandom.