Acing these Marvel trivia questions won’t stop Thanos from killing half the world, but it will make your friends think you’re really cool and smart. (Updated March 2021 with many new trivia questions!)
Marvel has created an incredibly complex, interwoven, and rich cinematic universe over the past decade and a bit, and we’ve devoured every minute of it. At this point, fans of the MCU have an insane amount of information to hang onto for future movies, so we thought we’d give you another outlet for all of that knowledge!
We’ve split the MCU trivia questions up into three different levels so everyone can test their Marvel knowledge. The “Baby Groot” level offers easy Marvel trivia questions for more casual fans, while the “Ultron” level is the hard level for those the all-knowing MCU fans among us. The “Stark” level falls nicely in the middle.
We’ve put the answers to the MCU trivia questions at the bottom of the page, so you can quiz yourself as you go through. Challenge yourself, it’ll be fun!
Enjoy our collection of easy, medium, and hard Marvel trivia questions!
Baby Groot level – Easy MCU Trivia
For those of you who are casual fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Maybe you’ve missed a movie or two, but you still like to keep up with the story and the characters. These questions will test you, but you should be able to figure most of them out!
1. What device allows Thanos to harness the power of the Infinity Stones?
2. How many Infinity Stones are there?
3. What is Tony Stark’s father’s name?
4. Who are the shapeshifting villains in Captain Marvel?
5. How would Groot answer this question?
6. Who is the voice of Rocket?
7. What allows transportation between Asgard and Earth in Thor?
8. What video game is Thor playing in Avengers: Endgame?
9. What store does Carol Danvers crash into in Captain Marvel?
10. What do the Avengers eat after defeating Loki in New York?
11. What color skin do the Sovereign have?
12. What is the name of T’Challa’s sister?
13. What is Hawkeye’s weapon of choice?
14. What does Stark Industries manufacture in Iron Man?
15. What is Peter Parker’s aunt’s name?
16. Complete the quote from Tony Stark’s daughter: I love you ____
17. What is Thor the God of?
18. Where was Janet van Dyne stuck in Ant-Man?
19. What group infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D. in Captain America: The Winter Soldier?
20. Which Infinity Stone does Vision have in his head?
21. Who went to Vormir with Natasha?
22. What are the names of Thanos’s adopted daughters?
23. For what event did Peter Parker travel to D.C. in Spider-Man: Homecoming?
24. What hero does Nick Fury’s pager contact?
25. Which “team” ended up being imprisoned in Captain America: Civil War?
26. Who does Steve Rogers give his shield to at the end of Avengers: Endgame?
27. What is the name of Thor’s hammer?
28. What word did Carol Danvers have written in quotations on the side of her plane?
29. What ice cream parlor does Scott Lang work at?
30. What holiday do they celebrate in WandaVision?
31. Which of the following characters can’t pick up Thor’s hammer? A) Thor B) Loki C) Captain America D) Vision
32. What kind of animal is Goose? A) A goose B) A cat C) A flerken D) A unicorn
33. What kind of scientist is Jane Foster? A) Nuclear physicist B) Organic chemist C) Geneticist D) Astrophysicist
34. The tesseract houses the _____ stone. A) Space B) Power C) Reality D) Time
35. Which famous actor appears as Loki in Thor: Ragnarok? A) Brad Pitt B) Matt Damon C) George Clooney D) Ben Affleck
36. In what industry is Sam’s family business in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier? A) Poultry farming B) Baking C) Interior design D) Fishing
37. What dance move does Hulk do in Avengers: Endgame? A) Flossing B) The Dougie C) Dabbing D) The Moonwalk
38. Which of the following movies was Agent Coulson in? A) Captain America B) Avengers: Age of Ultron C) Thor D) Iron Man 3
39. What color does Agatha’s magic appear in WandaVision? A) Red B) Blue C) Black D) Purple
40. Which hero doesn’t appear in Captain America: Civil War? A) Black Panther B) Spider-Man C) Ant-Man D) Captain Marvel
41. True or False – We didn’t see Tony propose to Pepper
42. True or False – Star-Lord listens to music on a disc-man
43. True or False – Mantis can affect the emotions of others without touching them
44. True or False – Thor has a beard in Avengers: Age of Ultron
45. True or False – The anti-patriotism group in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is called the Flag Smashers
46. True or False – Mark Ruffalo starred in the The Incredible Hulk
47. True or False – Beta radiation turned Bruce Banner into the Hulk
48. True or False – Scott Lang is on Team Captain America in Captain America: Civil War
49. True or False – Tony Stark was in space with Gamora at the beginning of Avengers: Endgame
50. True or False – Yondu compares himself to Mary Poppins
Stark level – Medium Marvel Trivia Questions
For those of you who have kept up with all of the Marvel movies but haven’t seen them 10,000 times. Hopefully you’ve been paying attention to the details for this Marvel trivia!
1. What was the first Iron Man suit called?
2. Who played James Rhodes in the first Iron Man movie?
3. What is the first song we see Peter Quill dancing to in Guardians of the Galaxy?
4. What is Captain America’s shield made out of?
5. Where are the Frost Giants from?
6. What is Tony Stark’s daughter’s name?
7. What color blood do Skrulls have?
8. What planet is Thanos from?
9. Where did Natasha and Clint meet?
10. What AI replaces JARVIS?
11. Where do we first see Valkyrie?
12. What is Hulk’s secret?
13. Which of Peggy Carter’s relatives does Steve Rogers meet?
14. What chemical do the Avengers use to travel in time in Avengers: Endgame?
15. What is Thor’s mother’s name?
16. Who killed Tony Stark’s parents?
17. From which Infinity Stone did Carol Danvers get her powers?
18. Where are Wanda and Vision at the beginning of Avengers: Infinity War?
19. What planet did Thanos get the Soul Stone from?
20. In which movie does Black Widow first appear?
21. What was Wanda Maximoff’s brother’s first name?
22. What is the name of the new Captain America in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier?
23. What character is in both Ant-Man and the Wasp and WandaVision?
24. What kind of doctor was Dr. Stephen Strange?
25. In what Marvel movie did Stan Lee make his final cameo?
26. Which two stars of Contagion have appeared in MCU movies?
27. What necklace does Peter buy for Mary Jane in Spider-Man: Far From Home?
28. What does Hulk say instead of “cheese” when he takes a photo with three children in Avengers: Endgame?
29. Which two Avengers are married?
30. Who does Martin Freeman play in the MCU?
31. Where is Captain America from? A) Queens B) Manhattan C) Long Island D) Brooklyn
32. How are T’Challa and Killmonger related? A) They’re not B) Cousins C) Brothers D) Uncle/Nephew
33. Which of these cities does Peter Parker not visit in Spider-Man: Far From Home? A) Prague B) Paris C) London D) Venice
34. Which of these does Tony Stark not describe himself as? A) Playboy B) Millionaire C) Philanthropist D) Scientist
35. Who does not disappear from “The Snap?” A) Vision B) Wanda Maximoff C) Bucky Barnes D) Peter Parker
36. What town did Wanda Maximoff commandeer in WandaVision? A) Riverview B) Westvale C) Westview D) Riverdale
37. Which of the following is not one of the Infinity Stones? A) Reality B) Energy C) Space D) Mind
38. Which movie has Peter Parker not referenced in an MCU movie? A) Top Gun B) Alien C) Footloose D) Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
39. Which of Ned’s clothing items does Aunt May compliment in Spider-Man: Homecoming? A) His shirt B) His hat C) His shoes D) His chain
40. Which landmark does Erik Selvig appear at in Thor: The Dark World: A) The Eiffel Tower B) Stonehenge C) Buckingham Palace D) The pyramids
41. True or False – Bucky Barnes is older than Steve Rogers
42. True or False – Nick Fury was bald in Captain Marvel
43. True or False – Taika Waititi, the director of Thor: Ragnarok, stars in the What We Do in the Shadows TV series
44. True or False – Jon Favreau directed Iron Man 3
45. True or False – Maria Hill is in more than five MCU movies
46. True or False – Loki is Odin’s son
47. True or False – Bruce Banner turns into the Hulk in Avengers: Infinity War
48. True or False – In Avengers: Endgame, Natasha finds Clint in Beijing
49. True or False – Clint has three children
50. True or False – Mysterio couldn’t get a job at Stark Industries
Ultron level – Hard Marvel Trivia Questions
Play with these questions if you know as much about Marvel as Ultron himself. Have fun with our most difficult Marvel trivia questions.
1. Where is vibranium primarily found?
2. What was Wanda Maximoff’s favorite sitcom as a child?
3. What sequence of words (English) activates the Winter Soldier?
4. What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for?
5. What brand of motorcycle does Captain America drive in Avengers: Age of Ultron?
6. Where did Killmonger grow up?
7. Who is on the lunch box that Captain Marvel hides the tesseract in?
8. Who founded S.H.I.E.L.D.?
9. How many possibilities did Doctor Strange see for the outcome of the Infinity War?
10. Who did the Sovereign create in the mid-credits scene for Guardians of the Galaxy 2?
11. What comedic TV show has made multiple cameo appearances in Marvel movies directed by the Russo brothers?
12. Which eye does Thor lose?
13. Who does Jane go on a date with in Thor: The Dark World?
14. What species is Groot?
15. How tall did Ant-Man get in Captain America: Civil War?
16. How did Peter Quill’s mother die?
17. Who speaks to Loki on behalf of Thanos in The Avengers?
18. Who killed T’Challa’s father?
19. What is the name of the team of aliens who work for Thanos?
20. What school does Tony Stark speak at in Captain America: Civil War?
21. What thought experiment do the two Visions discuss in WandaVision?
22. What song do Steve and Peggy dance to in Avengers: Endgame?
23. What hospital did Dr. Stephen Strange work at?
24. What is the screenname of Korg’s Fortnite opponent in Avengers: Endgame?
25. Where does Dormammu live in Doctor Strange?
26. What Harry Potter actor has directed an MCU movie?
27. Who made Thor’s axe, Stormbreaker?
28. What is Red Skull’s real name?
29. What planet is Ronan from?
30. What fake name does Natasha Romanoff give Tony when they first meet?
31. What kind of scientist is Whiplash? A) Chemist B) Physicist C) Geneticist D) Engineer
32. What flavor of ice cream did Ben & Jerry’s name after the Hulk in Avengers: Infinity War? A) Hulk-A-Hulk-A Burnin’ Fudge B) The Big Guy’s Blend C) I’m Always Hangry D) Gobs of Gamma
33. Who is not one of Thor’s Asgardian friends? A) Fandral B) Hogun C) Selvig D) Volstagg
34. How much credit did Tony give Pepper for Stark Tower? A) 1% B) 5% C) 10% D) 12%
35. Which Infinity Stone does Thanos get first? A) Power B) Space C) Reality D) Soul
36. Which of these movies has the shortest run time? A) Thor: The Dark World B) Doctor Strange C) Captain Marvel D) Guardians of the Galaxy
37. “The ______ Accords” serve to regulate the behavior of super humans and beings. A) New York B) Avengers C) Sokovia D) Enhanced
38. How many movies are in Phase 3 of the MCU? A) 10 B) 11 C) 8 D) 14
39. In which film do we first see Thanos? A) Guardians of the Galaxy B) Thor: Ragnarok C) The Avengers D) Avengers: Infinity War
40. What Norwegian town is the home of New Asgard in Avengers: Endgame? A) Oslo B) Larvik C) Sandefjord D) Tønsberg
41. True or False – Thor’s hammer was forged in the heart of a dying star
42. True or False – Nick Fury and Thor wear eye patches on the same eye
43. True or False – The Incredible Hulk came out after Iron Man
44. True or False – Four MCU movies came out in 2019
45. True or False – S.W.O.R.D. in the MCU stands for Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division
46. True or False – Tony Stark drives a Tesla in Avengers: Endgame
47. True or False – Captain America’s shield has two silver rings
48. True or False – Joss Whedon directed Avengers: Age of Ultron
49. True or False – Steve Rogers was frozen for more than 70 years
50. True or False – Pepper Potts’s first name is Valerie
Marvel Trivia Answers
Baby Groot level (Easy questions)
1. Infinity Gauntlet 2. Six 3. Howard 4. Skrulls 5. I am Groot 6. Bradley Cooper 7. The bifrost 8. Fortnite 9. Blockbuster 10. Shawarma 11. Gold 12. Shuri 13. Bow and arrow 14. Weapons 15. May 16. 3000 17. Thunder 18. The Quantum Realm 19. Hydra 20. Mind Stone 21. Clint Barton (Hawkeye) 22. Gamora and Nebula 23. Academic Decathlon 24. Captain Marvel 25. Team Captain America 26. Sam Wilson 27. Mjölnir 28. “Avenger” 29. Baskin-Robbins 30. Halloween 31. B 32. C 33. D 34. A 35. B 36. D 37. C 38. C 39. D 40. D 41. True 42. False 43. False 44. True 45. True 46. False 47. False 48. True 49. False 50. True
Stark level (Medium questions)
1. Mark I 2. Terrence Howard 3. “Come and Get Your Love” – Redbone 4. Vibranium 5. Jotunheim 6. Morgan 7. Blue 8. Titan 9. Budapest 10. FRIDAY 11. Sakaar 12. He’s always angry 13. Sharon Carter 14. Pym particles 15. Frigga 16. The Winter Soldier 17. Space Stone 18. Scotland 19. Morag 20. Iron Man 2 21. Pietro 22. John Walker 23. Jimmy Woo 24. Neurosurgeon 25. Captain Marvel 26. Gwyneth Paltrow and Matt Damon 27. A black dahlia necklace 28. Green 29. Clint Barton and Tony Stark 30. Everett Ross 31. D 32. B 33. B 34. D 35. A 36. D 37. B 38. A 39. B 40. B 41. True 42. False 43. False 44. False 45. True 46. False 47. False 48. False 49. True 50. False
Ultron level (Hard questions)
1. Wakanda 2. The Dick Van Dyke Show 3. Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car 4. Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division 5. Harley Davidson 6. Oakland, California 7. The “Fonz” 8. Peggy Carter and Howard Stark 9. 14 million, 6 hundred and 5 10. Adam Warlock 11. Arrested Development 12. Right 13. Richard 14. Flora colossus 15. 65 feet 16. Brain cancer 17. The Other 18. Helmut Zemo 19. The Black Order 20. MIT 21. The Ship of Theseus 22. “It’s Been a Long, Long Time” by Harry James 23. Metro-General Hospital 24. NoobMaster69 25. The Dark Dimension 26. Kenneth Branagh (Thor) 27. Eitri 28. Johann Schmidt 29. Hala 30. Natalie Rushman 31. B 32. A 33. C 34. D 35. A 36. A 37. C 38. B 39. C 40. D 41. True 42. False 43. True 44. False 45. True 46. False 47. False 48. True 49. False 50. False