6:55 pm EDT, November 1, 2013

‘Mad Men’ season 7’s first day of shooting halted by LAX airport shooting

The LAX airport shooting that took place early this morning in Southern California caused Mad Men season 7’s first day of filming to be halted.

A crew member on the set of Mad Men season 7 in one of the terminals at Los Angeles airport tweeted that they had been filming in the American Airlines arrivals tunnel when the shooting took place. Police at the airport asked them to take cover. “We are at Terminal 4 AA when LAXPD came in with guns drawn said get back inside active shooter on site,” tweeted a grip named Dustin Woods. He also said that today was the first day of filming.

The tweet and a couple others were deleted shortly after they were sent out, suggesting that someone associated with the show asked that they be taken down. Mad Men‘s plot lines are always kept under wraps, and this is the first we’re hearing about particular locations for the seventh and final season of the Jon Hamm-led drama. It’s not clear what stars, if any, were at the airport for filming.

Mad Men will premiere the first half of its seventh season this spring. AMC asked Weiner to split season 7 into two parts which will air in 2014 and 2015 (similar to what Breaking Bad did).

LAX is a very busy airport and is used quite frequently by celebrities to get in and out of Hollywood. We learned this morning that Nick Jonas and James Franco were two stars who were at the airport when the shooting took place.

The LAX airport shooting killed one TSA member, and early reports indicate that the shooter may’ve been specifically targeting the airport security agents.

Article Continues Below

We want to hear your thoughts on this topic!
Write a comment below or submit an article to Hypable.

Introducing the Hypable app

Free for iOS and Android