Soon you’ll be able to watch Jurassic World — the biggest film of 2015 — again and again in the comfort of your own home.
Universal has announced details surrounding the Jurassic World DVD and Blu-ray release, and both include plenty of special features to look forward to. Lead star Chris Pratt and director Colin Trevorrow appear to be very present throughout the bonus features.
- WELCOME TO JURASSIC WORLD: An in-depth take on the creation, look and feel of Jurassic World. Director Colin Trevorrow and Steven Spielberg discuss how the idea of the film came together and how the casting was decided with actors’ commentary on their roles and filming locations.
- JURASSIC WORLD: ALL-ACCESS PASS: Chris Pratt and Director Colin Trevorrow discuss key moments in the film, supported by behind-the-scenes footage and VFX breakdowns.
- INNOVATION CENTER TOUR WITH CHRIS PRATT: Chris Pratt gives a tour of the Innovation Center, a museum/exhibit, built just for the movie.
- JURASSIC’S CLOSEST SHAVES: Clips from all films in the franchise showing “near death” or extremely scary encounters with dinosaurs.
Blu-ray and DVD features:
- DELETED SCENES
- DINOSAURS ROAM ONCE AGAIN: Behind the scenes look at the making of Jurassic World’s visual effects, how the dinosaurs came to life, and actors filmed scenes.
- CHRIS & COLIN TAKE ON THE WORLD: Chris Pratt and Colin Trevorrow (Director) interview each other and discuss Jurassic World as well as the other Jurassic Park movies.
Jurassic World will be available for digital download beginning October 1, and it’ll be released on DVD/Blu-ray three weeks later on October 20. The film stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, Jake Johnson, Omar Sy, BD Wong, Judy Greer, Irrfan Khan.
If the film’s popularity so far has been any indication, we expect this home entertainment release to be a big success. The Jurassic Park reboot/sequel premiered in June and has made $1.62 billion worldwide, making it the third-highest grossing movie of all time behind Avatar and Titanic.
Naturally, the huge success has led Universal to announce that a sequel will be opening in theaters June 2018. In addition, Jurassic World is opening in IMAX theaters for one week beginning August 28.
“More than two decades since Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park was released, fans of the original films and new moviegoers alike can witness the story come full circle as the park that was only a promise comes to life,” reads a synopsis for the film.
“Now, 22 years later, an even bigger and enormously popular attraction has risen on Isla Nubar: Jurassic World. To keep attendance high, the park operators introduce a new, genetically modified hybrid creature called Indominus Rex. Bigger, stronger and far more intelligent than any dinosaur that ever walked the earth; the secretive new breed also proves more dangerous than anyone ever anticipated. Executive-produced by franchise creator Steven Spielberg and directed by Colin Trevorrow, Jurassic World stars Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, the park’s ex-military expert in animal behavior, and Bryce Dallas Howard, as Claire Dearing, Jurassic World’s driven careerist, teaming up to save the park’s tourists when chaos erupts.”