We at Hypable are looking for a new volunteer TV writer to join our team!
As you know, Hypable dedicates itself to in-depth coverage of select fandoms — it’s how we cover each TV, movie, and book series to the extent that we do. To achieve this coverage we work in close-knit groups to collaborate on editorial ideas that’ll connect with true fans.
Today we’re looking to bring on a writer who can cover at least three of the following television shows: Scandal, American Horror Story, The Catch, The Vampire Diaries, and Quantico.
By agreeing to cover these, please know that we will ask you to write at least three original articles per week, per show while it’s in-season. While the show is not airing there are far fewer requirements. We also ask that each writer covers at least one in-season show all year (in other words: when your usual shows are off in the summer, we’d like you to write about a show that airs over that summer).
While this is a volunteer position (we pride ourselves on being run by fans and not a corporation), we’ll help you get the experience you need if you’re pursuing a career in writing about TV. What’s more: if you’re in college and looking for the coolest internship ever, Hypable can offer internship credits! (Staying at home to write about TV? What could be better!?)
To apply, please e-mail [email protected] with the following:
- Your name, age, and geographical location (we prefer those who live in the U.S. due to the nature of the work, but if you can get access to a show quickly after it airs in the U.S., that’s fine too)
- Which of the above TV shows you’d like to cover (remember, we need you to cover at least three)
- If there are any other big shows you’d be interesting in covering, please let us know
- Tell us which fandoms you’re most passionate about
- Tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for the gig
- Please attach or link us to at least three examples that show off your writing skills
- If you’d like to do this to get college internship credits, please let us know
Please submit applications by Monday, February 8. With TV shows starting up in the next couple of weeks, we’re hoping to get you started quickly on Scandal and The Vampire Diaries in particular!