You loved Captain America: Civil War. But you can’t protect it from this merciless Honest Trailer.
Captain America: Civil War was the superhero film to end all superhero films, yada yada, buy the DVD.
The movie was all about the showdown between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, whose conflicting ideologies left the Avengers divided. That one parking lot showdown was really cool-looking.
But now that the honeymoon phase is over, let’s hear what good-hearted jabs the Screen Junkies can throw at it:
The Honest Trailer guys, as always, dare to say all the things no fandom-fearing online journalist would ever say. Including but not limited to:
- Zemo’s plan made zero, nada, absolutely no sense.
- Even Black Widow’s fight scenes are sexualized.
- Both Cap and Iron Man have sassy black friends.
- Vision and Wanda’s romance was weird and weeiird.
- And-Man was just kinda there fore no reason.
And of course, the big one: Civil War is a lot more similar to Batman v Superman than anyone wants to admit. There’s even a shot-by-shot comparison for the nay-sayers.
But hey, Marvel can take it: After all, Captain America: Civil War is destined to be remembered as the greatest superhero movie ever made, and there’s nothing but blue skies ahead for the behemoth as we sail towards Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel and the two-part Avengers finale directed by Joe and Anthony Russo.
Was the Honest Trailer for ‘Captain America: Civil War’ too honest, or just honest enough?
Check out some more Honest Trailers for films you love (or love to hate):
– Honest trailer for Ghostbusters 2: The one that actually ruined the franchise
– Deadpool returns (yes, really!) in the Deadpool Honest Trailer
– The Russos react to the Honest Trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier
– Honest Trailer: Game of Thrones tricks non-nerds into liking fantasy, and other nonsense
– Ant-Man is basically “Tiny Iron Man” according to this Honest Trailer