Harrison Ford broke his ankle on the Star Wars: Episode VII set, and it looks like he’ll be out a while.
An unnamed source made a statement to The Mirror about Ford’s ankle.
“The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back,” the source said. “There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule. At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is OK.”
The source near The Hollywood Reporter also says that Star Wars: Episode VII will still make its December 18, 2015 release date.
Ford was injured by the door of the Millenium Falcon, his spaceship in the Star Wars films.
Ford was currently filming the highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII with the cast that includes returning actors Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker as well as new actors John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, and Gwendoline Christie, the latter two who were cast last week.
Details of the plot have been closely guarded, but we do know the film will take place roughly 30 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi. Director Abrams took over writing the script with The Empire Strikes Back screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan.