Update (August 29, 2017): Hypable originally published this article — originally filled with the 100 questions — in 2016. Now that Game of Thrones season 7 has finished airing, let’s look back at the questions we had a year ago and see what did and didn’t get answered.
- How long will Cersei’s reign last?
Answer: Too long.
- Will the city revolt against her?
Answer: Apparently not.
- When will Cersei die?
Answer: Not soon enough.
- Will Arya be the one to kill her?
Answer: Hopefully. Let her personally cross more names off her list.
- Will Jaime kill her, ala the Mad King?
Answer: Maybe. Or maybe Arya with Jaime’s face.
- Who’s going to clean up the mess that is King’s Landing?
- Will Cersei and Jaime try for another baby?
Answer: They didn’t exactly try for another baby, but they’re having one anyway! Unless Cersei is lying…
- Will Arya reunite with the Hound and the Brotherhood?
Answer: The Hound and the Brotherhood didn’t even talk about her with Jon, fat chance on them meeting.
- What are the Brotherhood Without Banners’ plans?
Answer: It seems they want to end the White Walker invasion. How they plan to do that is still very unclear.
- Will the Hound get to kill his brother?
Answer: He got to literally face off with him, but no sparring.
- Are we ever going to see the Mountain’s face?
Answer: But do we even want to see his face?
- Is Qyburn going to resurrect anyone else?
Answer: He’s probably going to try and learn that White Walker magic.
- Is Lady Stoneheart a fanatic’s dream, or will we actually see her?
Answer: There’s still one more season! There’s still time! Right, guys?! Right?
- Will Varys get his little birds back?
Answer: Does Varys even care about getting his little birds back?
- How will he feel when he finds out Qyburn is using them to murder people?
Answer: See #14.
- When will Dorne be interesting?
Answer: Now, because the important Dornish are all dead.
- Why will the Dornish support Dany?
Answer: Because Varys. What other reason do you need?
- Is Jaqen’s story over?
Answer: Unless the Faceless Men are going to join the war, probably.
- Who will Arya kill next?
Answer: Kill all the Freys!
- Did Arya pick up baking tips from Hot Pie?
- What does Frey pie taste like?
Answer: Justice and victory.
- How many faces did Arya bring with her?
Answer: A satchel full of faces.
- Where does Arya keep her faces?
Answer: Her purse, duh. Where else does a girl keep stuff?
- Is she going to take Walder Frey’s face?
Answer: Oh yeah.
- Will Arya meet up with Jon and/or Sansa?
- Where is this teleporter that’s getting people around?
Answer: Don’t even get me started.
- How is the Citadel library organized?
Answer: The Tarly Decimal system.
- Is Sam ever going to leave that library?
Answer: You bet. He’s going to go where he’s appreciated, and get his degree once the war is done.
- Will he leave in time for the White Walker fight?
Answer: Not the first one, but there’ll be more opportunities.
- Is Randyll Tarly going to come after Sam to get his sword back?
Answer: You have to be alive to do that.
- Is Gendry going to show up?
- Will he run into Brienne and Pod on the water?
- Will Bronn’s ship sail?
- Will we ever find out what Pod’s lovemaking technique is?
Answer: It remains the biggest mystery of the series.
- What will Tormund’s next wooing technique be?
Answer: Telling everyone he knows that he likes her.
- Is Nymeria still alive, somewhere?
Answer: Nymeria lives on!
- Could she be gathering an army of wolves to help in the big fight?
Answer: Nymeria lives on with a pack of wolves!
- Where did Ghost go?
Answer: You can’t see ghosts, people!
- Where is Stannis’ body?
Answer: Does anyone even want to guess what Ramsey might have done with it?
- Could he still be alive?
Answer: Only in a memory.
- Which families won’t be wiped out?
Answer: So far so good except for Tyrell, Martell, and Baratheon. But Sam and Gilly better get a move on if the Tarly line isn’t to die out.
- Will Theon join the Unsullied?
Answer: Technically no. But he’s aligned with them, so technically yes?
- How is Edd handling manning Castle Black?
Answer: We’ve been seriously deprived of Edd this season, but it’s a safe bet he loves leading less than Jon.
- Where will the dragons rest during the journey across the sea?
Answer: Apparently dragons don’t rest on journeys across a sea.
- Will Dany and co sail into Euron along the way?
Answer: Euron sailed into them, but it still counts!
- How does Euron plan to build 1000 ships when the Iron Islands have no trees?
- How is Meera supposed to get Bran to the Wall without a horse or sled?
Answer: By dragging him and then being dismissed without ceremony as if she hasn’t (probably) thrown out her back and almost died doing so.
- Is the Reed family ever going to make an appearance, outside of Meera and Jojen?
Answer: Aside from seeing young Howland in a Bran-vision, it’s not looking promising.
- Will Westeros be ruled entirely by women?
- Who’s going to sit the Iron Throne?
Answer: The second biggest mystery of the series.
- Will there even be an Iron Throne to sit in?
Answer: Whoever wins should just get rid of it, it’s so uncomfortable.
- Does Jon want the Iron Throne?
Answer: Jon wants to live, has he not made that clear yet?
- Will Jon find out who his real parents are?
Answer: Gods dammit, Bran!
- Will we see Rhaegar in a flashback/Bran vision?
Answer: Big yes! I can’t be the only one who thinks he looked a lot like Viserys.
- Will Syrio Forel pull a Benjen and make a sudden appearance?
Answer: Better question: Will we ever stop asking this?
- Will Jon and the North align with Dany and her crew?
Answer: Jon pledged in more ways than one, am I right?
- Does the Iron Bank ever make people pay back their loans?
Answer: They certainly try.
- Is anyone going to give Edmure a get out of jail free card?
- Is ANYONE going to survive winter and/or the White Walkers?
Answer: Would it be so bad if the White Walkers wiped out Westeros and it had to start over?
- Will Baelish fight Jon for power of the North?
Answer: Yes, but in his sneaky, indirect way.
- Why does Sansa not trust Jon?
Answer: Girl was playing the game.
- Will Sansa change her mind and marry Baelish?
Answer: Did Baelish ask this question?
- Only to strategically have him killed so the Eyrie is hers?
Answer: Sansa finally killed the goose that raised her.
- Are Sansa and Jon going to marry?
Answer: Y’all Jon/Sansa shippers are cracked.
- When will incest stop being a thing?
Answer: When Varys grows hair.
- Who will Daenerys strategically marry?
Answer: Jon, mayhaps?
- Or will she marry for love?
Answer: Why not both?
- Is Sansa pregnant with Ramsay’s baby?
Answer: Remember when everyone thought this was a thing that would happen?
- Where will the Wildlings go now?
- Will Tormund make them stick with Jon?
Answer: Of course! Tormund wouldn’t desert his buddy.
- What’s Salladhor Saan been up to?
Answer: Probably in some brothel.
- Are any of the
Slaver’sBay of Dragons cities going to achieve peace?
Answer: If Dany doesn’t care anymore, why would anyone else?
- Is Daario actually going to stay in Meereen until it’s settled?
Answer: Seeing as we haven’t seen him, it seems likely.
- Where is Jorah?
Answer: At which point in time? He’s currently on his way to Winterfell.
- Is he a stoneman yet?
- Will he find a cure for greyscale?
Answer: He found Sam, who found a book that had a cure. #reading
- Will Jorah and Lyanna have a Mormont reunion?
Answer: You can’t always get what you want.
- Can we please have more Lyanna Mormont?
Answer: Sure, but not much.
- Who will continue Davos’ reading and writing lessons?
Answer: Ever heard of self-taught?
- Will Davos and Gilly take lessons together?
- How old is Melisandre?
Answer: Old af.
- Can Melisandre make herself look like anyone, or just a younger version of herself?
Answer: Jury is still out.
- Where will Melisandre go?
Answer: Essos, but not before leaving cryptic and scary prophecies that make Varys crap his pants.
- Will Jon change his mind and send for her when the White Walkers arrive?
Answer: He hasn’t yet. Who knows what will happen now that they’ve crossed the Wall.
- Are the White Walkers finally going to converge on Westeros?
Answer: I’m on my way, walking at 5 down these old frosty lanes!
- Do White Walkers bring winter, or do White Walkers follow winter?
Answer: Some questions are just meant to be unanswered.
- Will Essos be at all affected by winter?
Answer: Climate change is fake news.
- Since White Walkers can’t cross water, is Essos safe from them?
Answer: Don’t they have enough problems over there?
- If so, will Westerosi people try to move to Essos?
Answer: It’s the smart move at this point.
- Why can’t White Walkers cross water?
Answer: They can’t swim.
- How will the White Walkers get passed the Wall?
Answer: Undead, ice-breathing dragon.
- Will the Wall come tumbling down?
Answer: In the city that we love. Great clouds roll over the hills bringing darkness from above.
- Will it be because of Bran’s mark from the Night’s King?
Answer: For once something that wasn’t Bran’s fault.
- Or will the Horn of Joramun finally make an appearance?
Answer: No such luck.
- Will Bran warg back in time and build the Wall?
Answer: Still a possibility.
- When will Bran warg into a dragon?
Answer: Bring on the Bran/Night King mind battle!
- Will any of Dany’s dragons die?
Answer: It was spoken into existence.
- Will there somehow be more dragons, thus entering a new dragon age?
Answer: Maybe Illyrio has more eggs he’ll pull out of random places.
- Will Tyrion get to ride a dragon?
Answer: Given the third dragon died, it’s looking less likely.
- Will Jon get to ride a dragon?
Answer: Rhaegal is waiting for him.
What loose ends do you hope get answered in ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8?
The Tom Holland-led Spider-Man series will continue on, but not with Disney or Marvel’s Kevin Feige.
All good things come to an end, and on August 18th, the NYC production of Puffs left their common room near the kitchens for good. We were there to report back on a night full of feelings – J-Finch approved!
Taylor Swift’s Lover is almost here. Here’s everything we know about the album, so far.
There’s a lot to love in the imperfect picture of family and creativity that is Where’d You Go Bernadette, especially if you’re a diehard Cate Blanchett fan.
Carnival Row is fantasy that fucks.
With Hobbs and Shaw officially a success, it’s time for the Fast and Furious franchise to consider other spinoff films to keep the franchise going in perpetuity.
Why was the cure necessary if Cisco is just sticking around for another season?
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus is as hilarious, absurd and maniacal as ever — but with a surprising amount of heart, too.
With The Witcher 3 Switch release date’s announcement, we can all put any doubts we have to rest that the epic CD Projekt title is coming to the home console/portable hybrid console.
If you are on the hunt for a good small town romance with plenty of wit and feisty characters, you definitely want to pick up On the Corner of Love and Hate.