Update (August 29, 2017): Hypable originally published this article — originally filled with the 100 questions — in 2016. Now that Game of Thrones season 7 has finished airing, let’s look back at the questions we had a year ago and see what did and didn’t get answered.
- How long will Cersei’s reign last?
Answer: Too long.
- Will the city revolt against her?
Answer: Apparently not.
- When will Cersei die?
Answer: Not soon enough.
- Will Arya be the one to kill her?
Answer: Hopefully. Let her personally cross more names off her list.
- Will Jaime kill her, ala the Mad King?
Answer: Maybe. Or maybe Arya with Jaime’s face.
- Who’s going to clean up the mess that is King’s Landing?
- Will Cersei and Jaime try for another baby?
Answer: They didn’t exactly try for another baby, but they’re having one anyway! Unless Cersei is lying…
- Will Arya reunite with the Hound and the Brotherhood?
Answer: The Hound and the Brotherhood didn’t even talk about her with Jon, fat chance on them meeting.
- What are the Brotherhood Without Banners’ plans?
Answer: It seems they want to end the White Walker invasion. How they plan to do that is still very unclear.
- Will the Hound get to kill his brother?
Answer: He got to literally face off with him, but no sparring.
- Are we ever going to see the Mountain’s face?
Answer: But do we even want to see his face?
- Is Qyburn going to resurrect anyone else?
Answer: He’s probably going to try and learn that White Walker magic.
- Is Lady Stoneheart a fanatic’s dream, or will we actually see her?
Answer: There’s still one more season! There’s still time! Right, guys?! Right?
- Will Varys get his little birds back?
Answer: Does Varys even care about getting his little birds back?
- How will he feel when he finds out Qyburn is using them to murder people?
Answer: See #14.
- When will Dorne be interesting?
Answer: Now, because the important Dornish are all dead.
- Why will the Dornish support Dany?
Answer: Because Varys. What other reason do you need?
- Is Jaqen’s story over?
Answer: Unless the Faceless Men are going to join the war, probably.
- Who will Arya kill next?
Answer: Kill all the Freys!
- Did Arya pick up baking tips from Hot Pie?
- What does Frey pie taste like?
Answer: Justice and victory.
- How many faces did Arya bring with her?
Answer: A satchel full of faces.
- Where does Arya keep her faces?
Answer: Her purse, duh. Where else does a girl keep stuff?
- Is she going to take Walder Frey’s face?
Answer: Oh yeah.
- Will Arya meet up with Jon and/or Sansa?
- Where is this teleporter that’s getting people around?
Answer: Don’t even get me started.
- How is the Citadel library organized?
Answer: The Tarly Decimal system.
- Is Sam ever going to leave that library?
Answer: You bet. He’s going to go where he’s appreciated, and get his degree once the war is done.
- Will he leave in time for the White Walker fight?
Answer: Not the first one, but there’ll be more opportunities.
- Is Randyll Tarly going to come after Sam to get his sword back?
Answer: You have to be alive to do that.
- Is Gendry going to show up?
- Will he run into Brienne and Pod on the water?
- Will Bronn’s ship sail?
- Will we ever find out what Pod’s lovemaking technique is?
Answer: It remains the biggest mystery of the series.
- What will Tormund’s next wooing technique be?
Answer: Telling everyone he knows that he likes her.
- Is Nymeria still alive, somewhere?
Answer: Nymeria lives on!
- Could she be gathering an army of wolves to help in the big fight?
Answer: Nymeria lives on with a pack of wolves!
- Where did Ghost go?
Answer: You can’t see ghosts, people!
- Where is Stannis’ body?
Answer: Does anyone even want to guess what Ramsey might have done with it?
- Could he still be alive?
Answer: Only in a memory.
- Which families won’t be wiped out?
Answer: So far so good except for Tyrell, Martell, and Baratheon. But Sam and Gilly better get a move on if the Tarly line isn’t to die out.
- Will Theon join the Unsullied?
Answer: Technically no. But he’s aligned with them, so technically yes?
- How is Edd handling manning Castle Black?
Answer: We’ve been seriously deprived of Edd this season, but it’s a safe bet he loves leading less than Jon.
- Where will the dragons rest during the journey across the sea?
Answer: Apparently dragons don’t rest on journeys across a sea.
- Will Dany and co sail into Euron along the way?
Answer: Euron sailed into them, but it still counts!
- How does Euron plan to build 1000 ships when the Iron Islands have no trees?
- How is Meera supposed to get Bran to the Wall without a horse or sled?
Answer: By dragging him and then being dismissed without ceremony as if she hasn’t (probably) thrown out her back and almost died doing so.
- Is the Reed family ever going to make an appearance, outside of Meera and Jojen?
Answer: Aside from seeing young Howland in a Bran-vision, it’s not looking promising.
- Will Westeros be ruled entirely by women?
- Who’s going to sit the Iron Throne?
Answer: The second biggest mystery of the series.
- Will there even be an Iron Throne to sit in?
Answer: Whoever wins should just get rid of it, it’s so uncomfortable.
- Does Jon want the Iron Throne?
Answer: Jon wants to live, has he not made that clear yet?
- Will Jon find out who his real parents are?
Answer: Gods dammit, Bran!
- Will we see Rhaegar in a flashback/Bran vision?
Answer: Big yes! I can’t be the only one who thinks he looked a lot like Viserys.
- Will Syrio Forel pull a Benjen and make a sudden appearance?
Answer: Better question: Will we ever stop asking this?
- Will Jon and the North align with Dany and her crew?
Answer: Jon pledged in more ways than one, am I right?
- Does the Iron Bank ever make people pay back their loans?
Answer: They certainly try.
- Is anyone going to give Edmure a get out of jail free card?
- Is ANYONE going to survive winter and/or the White Walkers?
Answer: Would it be so bad if the White Walkers wiped out Westeros and it had to start over?
- Will Baelish fight Jon for power of the North?
Answer: Yes, but in his sneaky, indirect way.
- Why does Sansa not trust Jon?
Answer: Girl was playing the game.
- Will Sansa change her mind and marry Baelish?
Answer: Did Baelish ask this question?
- Only to strategically have him killed so the Eyrie is hers?
Answer: Sansa finally killed the goose that raised her.
- Are Sansa and Jon going to marry?
Answer: Y’all Jon/Sansa shippers are cracked.
- When will incest stop being a thing?
Answer: When Varys grows hair.
- Who will Daenerys strategically marry?
Answer: Jon, mayhaps?
- Or will she marry for love?
Answer: Why not both?
- Is Sansa pregnant with Ramsay’s baby?
Answer: Remember when everyone thought this was a thing that would happen?
- Where will the Wildlings go now?
- Will Tormund make them stick with Jon?
Answer: Of course! Tormund wouldn’t desert his buddy.
- What’s Salladhor Saan been up to?
Answer: Probably in some brothel.
- Are any of the
Slaver’sBay of Dragons cities going to achieve peace?
Answer: If Dany doesn’t care anymore, why would anyone else?
- Is Daario actually going to stay in Meereen until it’s settled?
Answer: Seeing as we haven’t seen him, it seems likely.
- Where is Jorah?
Answer: At which point in time? He’s currently on his way to Winterfell.
- Is he a stoneman yet?
- Will he find a cure for greyscale?
Answer: He found Sam, who found a book that had a cure. #reading
- Will Jorah and Lyanna have a Mormont reunion?
Answer: You can’t always get what you want.
- Can we please have more Lyanna Mormont?
Answer: Sure, but not much.
- Who will continue Davos’ reading and writing lessons?
Answer: Ever heard of self-taught?
- Will Davos and Gilly take lessons together?
- How old is Melisandre?
Answer: Old af.
- Can Melisandre make herself look like anyone, or just a younger version of herself?
Answer: Jury is still out.
- Where will Melisandre go?
Answer: Essos, but not before leaving cryptic and scary prophecies that make Varys crap his pants.
- Will Jon change his mind and send for her when the White Walkers arrive?
Answer: He hasn’t yet. Who knows what will happen now that they’ve crossed the Wall.
- Are the White Walkers finally going to converge on Westeros?
Answer: I’m on my way, walking at 5 down these old frosty lanes!
- Do White Walkers bring winter, or do White Walkers follow winter?
Answer: Some questions are just meant to be unanswered.
- Will Essos be at all affected by winter?
Answer: Climate change is fake news.
- Since White Walkers can’t cross water, is Essos safe from them?
Answer: Don’t they have enough problems over there?
- If so, will Westerosi people try to move to Essos?
Answer: It’s the smart move at this point.
- Why can’t White Walkers cross water?
Answer: They can’t swim.
- How will the White Walkers get passed the Wall?
Answer: Undead, ice-breathing dragon.
- Will the Wall come tumbling down?
Answer: In the city that we love. Great clouds roll over the hills bringing darkness from above.
- Will it be because of Bran’s mark from the Night’s King?
Answer: For once something that wasn’t Bran’s fault.
- Or will the Horn of Joramun finally make an appearance?
Answer: No such luck.
- Will Bran warg back in time and build the Wall?
Answer: Still a possibility.
- When will Bran warg into a dragon?
Answer: Bring on the Bran/Night King mind battle!
- Will any of Dany’s dragons die?
Answer: It was spoken into existence.
- Will there somehow be more dragons, thus entering a new dragon age?
Answer: Maybe Illyrio has more eggs he’ll pull out of random places.
- Will Tyrion get to ride a dragon?
Answer: Given the third dragon died, it’s looking less likely.
- Will Jon get to ride a dragon?
Answer: Rhaegal is waiting for him.