Update (August 29, 2017): Hypable originally published this article — originally filled with the 100 questions — in 2016. Now that Game of Thrones season 7 has finished airing, let’s look back at the questions we had a year ago and see what did and didn’t get answered.
- How long will Cersei’s reign last?
Answer: Too long.
- Will the city revolt against her?
Answer: Apparently not.
- When will Cersei die?
Answer: Not soon enough.
- Will Arya be the one to kill her?
Answer: Hopefully. Let her personally cross more names off her list.
- Will Jaime kill her, ala the Mad King?
Answer: Maybe. Or maybe Arya with Jaime’s face.
- Who’s going to clean up the mess that is King’s Landing?
- Will Cersei and Jaime try for another baby?
Answer: They didn’t exactly try for another baby, but they’re having one anyway! Unless Cersei is lying…
- Will Arya reunite with the Hound and the Brotherhood?
Answer: The Hound and the Brotherhood didn’t even talk about her with Jon, fat chance on them meeting.
- What are the Brotherhood Without Banners’ plans?
Answer: It seems they want to end the White Walker invasion. How they plan to do that is still very unclear.
- Will the Hound get to kill his brother?
Answer: He got to literally face off with him, but no sparring.
- Are we ever going to see the Mountain’s face?
Answer: But do we even want to see his face?
- Is Qyburn going to resurrect anyone else?
Answer: He’s probably going to try and learn that White Walker magic.
- Is Lady Stoneheart a fanatic’s dream, or will we actually see her?
Answer: There’s still one more season! There’s still time! Right, guys?! Right?
- Will Varys get his little birds back?
Answer: Does Varys even care about getting his little birds back?
- How will he feel when he finds out Qyburn is using them to murder people?
Answer: See #14.
- When will Dorne be interesting?
Answer: Now, because the important Dornish are all dead.
- Why will the Dornish support Dany?
Answer: Because Varys. What other reason do you need?
- Is Jaqen’s story over?
Answer: Unless the Faceless Men are going to join the war, probably.
- Who will Arya kill next?
Answer: Kill all the Freys!
- Did Arya pick up baking tips from Hot Pie?
- What does Frey pie taste like?
Answer: Justice and victory.
- How many faces did Arya bring with her?
Answer: A satchel full of faces.
- Where does Arya keep her faces?
Answer: Her purse, duh. Where else does a girl keep stuff?
- Is she going to take Walder Frey’s face?
Answer: Oh yeah.
- Will Arya meet up with Jon and/or Sansa?
- Where is this teleporter that’s getting people around?
Answer: Don’t even get me started.
- How is the Citadel library organized?
Answer: The Tarly Decimal system.
- Is Sam ever going to leave that library?
Answer: You bet. He’s going to go where he’s appreciated, and get his degree once the war is done.
- Will he leave in time for the White Walker fight?
Answer: Not the first one, but there’ll be more opportunities.
- Is Randyll Tarly going to come after Sam to get his sword back?
Answer: You have to be alive to do that.
- Is Gendry going to show up?
- Will he run into Brienne and Pod on the water?
- Will Bronn’s ship sail?
- Will we ever find out what Pod’s lovemaking technique is?
Answer: It remains the biggest mystery of the series.
- What will Tormund’s next wooing technique be?
Answer: Telling everyone he knows that he likes her.
- Is Nymeria still alive, somewhere?
Answer: Nymeria lives on!
- Could she be gathering an army of wolves to help in the big fight?
Answer: Nymeria lives on with a pack of wolves!
- Where did Ghost go?
Answer: You can’t see ghosts, people!
- Where is Stannis’ body?
Answer: Does anyone even want to guess what Ramsey might have done with it?
- Could he still be alive?
Answer: Only in a memory.
- Which families won’t be wiped out?
Answer: So far so good except for Tyrell, Martell, and Baratheon. But Sam and Gilly better get a move on if the Tarly line isn’t to die out.
- Will Theon join the Unsullied?
Answer: Technically no. But he’s aligned with them, so technically yes?
- How is Edd handling manning Castle Black?
Answer: We’ve been seriously deprived of Edd this season, but it’s a safe bet he loves leading less than Jon.
- Where will the dragons rest during the journey across the sea?
Answer: Apparently dragons don’t rest on journeys across a sea.
- Will Dany and co sail into Euron along the way?
Answer: Euron sailed into them, but it still counts!
- How does Euron plan to build 1000 ships when the Iron Islands have no trees?
- How is Meera supposed to get Bran to the Wall without a horse or sled?
Answer: By dragging him and then being dismissed without ceremony as if she hasn’t (probably) thrown out her back and almost died doing so.
- Is the Reed family ever going to make an appearance, outside of Meera and Jojen?
Answer: Aside from seeing young Howland in a Bran-vision, it’s not looking promising.
- Will Westeros be ruled entirely by women?
- Who’s going to sit the Iron Throne?
Answer: The second biggest mystery of the series.
- Will there even be an Iron Throne to sit in?
Answer: Whoever wins should just get rid of it, it’s so uncomfortable.
- Does Jon want the Iron Throne?
Answer: Jon wants to live, has he not made that clear yet?
- Will Jon find out who his real parents are?
Answer: Gods dammit, Bran!
- Will we see Rhaegar in a flashback/Bran vision?
Answer: Big yes! I can’t be the only one who thinks he looked a lot like Viserys.
- Will Syrio Forel pull a Benjen and make a sudden appearance?
Answer: Better question: Will we ever stop asking this?
- Will Jon and the North align with Dany and her crew?
Answer: Jon pledged in more ways than one, am I right?
- Does the Iron Bank ever make people pay back their loans?
Answer: They certainly try.
- Is anyone going to give Edmure a get out of jail free card?
- Is ANYONE going to survive winter and/or the White Walkers?
Answer: Would it be so bad if the White Walkers wiped out Westeros and it had to start over?
- Will Baelish fight Jon for power of the North?
Answer: Yes, but in his sneaky, indirect way.
- Why does Sansa not trust Jon?
Answer: Girl was playing the game.
- Will Sansa change her mind and marry Baelish?
Answer: Did Baelish ask this question?
- Only to strategically have him killed so the Eyrie is hers?
Answer: Sansa finally killed the goose that raised her.
- Are Sansa and Jon going to marry?
Answer: Y’all Jon/Sansa shippers are cracked.
- When will incest stop being a thing?
Answer: When Varys grows hair.
- Who will Daenerys strategically marry?
Answer: Jon, mayhaps?
- Or will she marry for love?
Answer: Why not both?
- Is Sansa pregnant with Ramsay’s baby?
Answer: Remember when everyone thought this was a thing that would happen?
- Where will the Wildlings go now?
- Will Tormund make them stick with Jon?
Answer: Of course! Tormund wouldn’t desert his buddy.
- What’s Salladhor Saan been up to?
Answer: Probably in some brothel.
- Are any of the
Slaver’sBay of Dragons cities going to achieve peace?
Answer: If Dany doesn’t care anymore, why would anyone else?
- Is Daario actually going to stay in Meereen until it’s settled?
Answer: Seeing as we haven’t seen him, it seems likely.
- Where is Jorah?
Answer: At which point in time? He’s currently on his way to Winterfell.
- Is he a stoneman yet?
- Will he find a cure for greyscale?
Answer: He found Sam, who found a book that had a cure. #reading
- Will Jorah and Lyanna have a Mormont reunion?
Answer: You can’t always get what you want.
- Can we please have more Lyanna Mormont?
Answer: Sure, but not much.
- Who will continue Davos’ reading and writing lessons?
Answer: Ever heard of self-taught?
- Will Davos and Gilly take lessons together?
- How old is Melisandre?
Answer: Old af.
- Can Melisandre make herself look like anyone, or just a younger version of herself?
Answer: Jury is still out.
- Where will Melisandre go?
Answer: Essos, but not before leaving cryptic and scary prophecies that make Varys crap his pants.
- Will Jon change his mind and send for her when the White Walkers arrive?
Answer: He hasn’t yet. Who knows what will happen now that they’ve crossed the Wall.
- Are the White Walkers finally going to converge on Westeros?
Answer: I’m on my way, walking at 5 down these old frosty lanes!
- Do White Walkers bring winter, or do White Walkers follow winter?
Answer: Some questions are just meant to be unanswered.
- Will Essos be at all affected by winter?
Answer: Climate change is fake news.
- Since White Walkers can’t cross water, is Essos safe from them?
Answer: Don’t they have enough problems over there?
- If so, will Westerosi people try to move to Essos?
Answer: It’s the smart move at this point.
- Why can’t White Walkers cross water?
Answer: They can’t swim.
- How will the White Walkers get passed the Wall?
Answer: Undead, ice-breathing dragon.
- Will the Wall come tumbling down?
Answer: In the city that we love. Great clouds roll over the hills bringing darkness from above.
- Will it be because of Bran’s mark from the Night’s King?
Answer: For once something that wasn’t Bran’s fault.
- Or will the Horn of Joramun finally make an appearance?
Answer: No such luck.
- Will Bran warg back in time and build the Wall?
Answer: Still a possibility.
- When will Bran warg into a dragon?
Answer: Bring on the Bran/Night King mind battle!
- Will any of Dany’s dragons die?
Answer: It was spoken into existence.
- Will there somehow be more dragons, thus entering a new dragon age?
Answer: Maybe Illyrio has more eggs he’ll pull out of random places.
- Will Tyrion get to ride a dragon?
Answer: Given the third dragon died, it’s looking less likely.
- Will Jon get to ride a dragon?
Answer: Rhaegal is waiting for him.
What loose ends do you hope get answered in ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8?
Incredibles 2 is now breaking records at the box-office. At a recent press conference, the cast and creative team discuss how the film came about.
Ocean’s 8 is a powerhouse of hilarious actors, and it’s pretty much guaranteed that we’ll get a sequel. If Ocean’s 9 happens, who should join the team next?
Netflix seems to be trying to bring back the rom com, and I am more than ready to welcome it back with open arms.
Voltron’s sixth season upped the ante and positioned itself as the best one yet. With so much to digest, we sat down with executive producers Lauren Montgomery and Joaquim Dos Santos to break down the season.
LGBT+ representation in media is important, so this Pride Month pick up a book and go on an adventure in which you see yourself reflected within its pages.
Incredibles 2 brought back all our favorite superheroes and introduced some new ones. We rank all the the superheroes from worst to best.
On June 15, news broke that #LuciFans had been successful with their campaigning, as Netflix picked up Lucifer for a fourth season. The reaction across social media was… jubilant, to say the least.
We’re recapping the Supergirl season 3 finale, “Battles Lost and Won,” in which the fight against Reign and the Dark Kryptonians reaches its climax.
Romance is common in superhero stories, but superheroes are rare in romance. At least I’ve never read one. If there’s a bevy of superhero romance books out there that I’m missing, someone please send me a list.
Kid Lit authors including Rainbow Rowell, Veronica Roth, Melissa de la Cruz, Margaret Stohl raising funds for separated families
Several prominent children’s literature authors are raising money for the families who are being separated at the United States / Mexico border due to the policies of the Donald Trump administration.
Recent Podcast Episodes
Join ReWatchable for all our final thoughts about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel as we wrap up our 2 & 1/2 year long vampire slaying marathon.
Join ReWatchable for a discussion about Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie, as well as the Buffy and Angel comics.
This week’s Hype Podcast topics include Ocean’s 8, Legally Blonde, Netflix, The 100, 13 Reasons Why and more.
Join ReWatchable for the final recap episode of the Buffy/Angel era, with Angel 5×21, “Power Play,” and 5×22, “Not Fade Away.”