In Game of Thrones, time is non-linear, distance is boundless, and travel is at light speed, except when it comes to Gendry.
Gendry Waters, only living descendent of Robert Baratheon (and only living Baratheon at all, bastard or not), hasn’t been seen since escaping Dragonstone in season 3. Needless to say, we’ve been impatient for his return.
Finally, four years later, he’s back! Somehow he got himself to King’s Landing where he’s been busy forging weapons for the Lannisters, but now he’s ready to prove himself. He wants justice for his father, he wants to fight alongside his father’s best friend’s son, and he wants to make a difference in the world.
Gendry’s first mission is to join the magnificent seven beyond the Wall to catch a wight. Of course they run into trouble, quickly becoming outnumbered. The situation is dire, so someone has to run back to Eastwatch and get help. Gendry, the guy who rowed for three seasons, is the chosen one.
Considering how fast season 7 is going, it’s amazing how long it took Gendry to get back to the Wall. If you think Gendry did the best he could, here are 25 things that have happened in Game of Thrones proving otherwise.
Things faster than Gendry:
- Euron building 1000 ships
- Meera dragging Bran from Castle Black to Winterfell
- Sam’s apprenticeship in Oldtown
- Tyrion growing a beard
- Daenerys and the Dothraki crossing the Red Waste
- Gendry rowing from Dragonstone to King’s Landing
- The Lannisters’ losing Highgarden
- Varys travelling from Meereen to Sunspear and back to Meereen
- Cersei’s walk of shame
- Dany arriving in Westeros
- Theon’s life as Reek
- The fall of Baratheon house
- Oberyn’s vacation in King’s Landing
- Stannis sailing from Braavos to Castle Black
- Littlefinger falling in love with Sansa after Catelyn’s death
- Margaery marrying a new husband
- The dragons learning to breathe fire
- The Night’s Watch turning on Jon
- Bran dismissing Meera after arriving in Winterfell
- Euron sailing from Pyke to King’s Landing
- Ramsay’s legitimacy as a Bolton
- Tommen’s reign of Westeros
- Making Jaime’s gold hand
- A raven flying from Eastwatch to Dragonstone
- Davos learning to read
What other ‘Game of Thrones’ scenarios are faster than Gendry?
Mindhunter season 2 continues the story of the FBI’s creation of their behavioral unit, but how does it fare compared to season 1?
Prepare yourselves to re-enter The Matrix because a fourth installment of the popular film franchise is officially in the works.
Taylor Swift’s Lover is almost here. Here’s everything we know about the album, so far.
The Tom Holland-led Spider-Man series will continue on, but not with Disney or Marvel’s Kevin Feige.
All good things come to an end, and on August 18th, the NYC production of Puffs left their common room near the kitchens for good. We were there to report back on a night full of feelings – J-Finch approved!
With Hobbs and Shaw officially a success, it’s time for the Fast and Furious franchise to consider other spinoff films to keep the franchise going in perpetuity.
Why was the cure necessary if Cisco is just sticking around for another season?
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus is as hilarious, absurd and maniacal as ever — but with a surprising amount of heart, too.
Iphigenia Murphy by Sara Hosey is bound to be one of 2020’s best contemporary YA books, and we’ve got your first look at its vibrant cover and an exclusive excerpt!
With The Witcher 3 Switch release date’s announcement, we can all put any doubts we have to rest that the epic CD Projekt title is coming to the home console/portable hybrid console.